Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Buckle Up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Buckle Up
Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:36 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
n7axw wrote:The polls were utterly worthless

The main problem were the "shy voters", the ones who feared being shot by someone who didn't like how they intended to vote and thus either professed neutrality or simply lied.
The polls that used questions like "how do you think your friends, in general, will tend to vote" came a lot closer to reality as they were not asking for direct choice but general direction.

Lots of people don't like being polled. They feel it is invasive and breaks a cardinal rule of "Never discuss politics with strangers." It is personal.

People are also paranoid that polling information may help the opposition. Many people do not even trust the alleged party professed by the pollers.

I agree with Dilandu that Democracy has taken a hit during Trump's tenure, but Democracy is resilient. I'm ashamed of some of Trump's tactics which showed no concern for his country or democracy in the long run.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:53 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I think Cthia is a bit closer on this one. Republicans were under represented. The left don't run around intimidating Republicans.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:58 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And absolutely everyone just finally called it.

President Elect Joe Biden.

Now we have to ride out the next 2.5 months and see how much damage Trump does on his way out.
Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:18 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:And absolutely everyone just finally called it.

President Elect Joe Biden.

Now we have to ride out the next 2.5 months and see how much damage Trump does on his way out.

I hope he resists leaving his throne. The WH has ways of dealing with trespassers. I'd really like to see him further mar his presidency by having to be thrown out on his ass. I'd love to see that!

The best tweet I've seen in a long time comes from Greta Thunburg throwing Trump's tweet to her back in his face.

Trump has now joined a very short list of Presidents who were denied a second term. Making him a one-trick pony. And even worse in his eyes, a "loser!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

My congratulations to America. They now have their first mixed-race female president-to-be.
Once Biden steps down.
History has been made this day. America will soon join the ranks of Countries Who Have Been Led By Women.

Well done.
Seriously.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by n7axw   » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:28 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:My congratulations to America. They now have their first mixed-race female president-to-be.
Once Biden steps down.
History has been made this day. America will soon join the ranks of Countries Who Have Been Led By Women.

Well done.
Seriously.

Our "creaky" electoral machinery worked, didn't it... After all the fuss prior to the election, it went off smoothly with no violence. The only real glitch was the system being overwhelmed by the huge numbers of absentee ballots which was a new thing due to covid.

All of Trumps legal efforts have fallen short so far though he has vowed to press on. Some of his followers are shouting fraud, but for the purposes of this election, it probably no longer matters.

I am relieved. Knowing that Trump will be gone lifts a weight from my back. The sick, authoritarian s.o.b. is gone and we have a chance to start rebuilding. The road between now and January 20th will probably be a bit bumpy. But at least there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:38 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And here we go. As predicted.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 80192?s=19

THE OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTING ROOMS. I WON THE ELECTION, GOT 71,000,000 LEGAL VOTES. BAD THINGS HAPPENED WHICH OUR OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE. NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WERE SENT TO PEOPLE WHO NEVER ASKED FOR THEM!

1. Observers were present for the counts.
2. All the counted votes were legal. Biden got millions more.
3. He has zero evidence of "bad things".
4. The only thing that has never happened before is his despicable reaction to losing.

He's deliberately trying to incite his supporters. He wants riots in the streets.
Post by n7axw   » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:37 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:And here we go. As predicted.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 80192?s=19

THE OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTING ROOMS. I WON THE ELECTION, GOT 71,000,000 LEGAL VOTES. BAD THINGS HAPPENED WHICH OUR OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE. NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WERE SENT TO PEOPLE WHO NEVER ASKED FOR THEM!

1. Observers were present for the counts.
2. All the counted votes were legal. Biden got millions more.
3. He has zero evidence of "bad things".
4. The only thing that has never happened before is his despicable reaction to losing.

He's deliberately trying to incite his supporters. He wants riots in the streets.

As you say, "as predicted." A very spectacular case of sore losers syndrome. A graceful exit would be nice but we're not going to get it. At this point I'll settle for any exit I can get...

Don

-
Post by Annachie   » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I expect Chad Wolfe will be looking for a new job within a few hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics