Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

Beheading in France

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Beheading in France
Post by Arol   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

No, not by guillotine!
No this time the victim was a French school teacher; who as part of a civic class on free speech decided, as a teaching aid, to use one or more of the cartoons that a couple ago caused the massacre in the Charlie Hebdo editorial office, who was beheaded! :evil: :evil:
That he was aware that he might be touching a volatile subject is clear, in that he asked that if any of his Muslim pupils wished to be excused from attending they were free to leave.
Well the 18 year old Chechen who took his head; and is no doubt being celebrated as a “martyr” in many an extremist Islamic homes behind closed doors, is enjoying his 72 virgins and rivers of nectar, in that he was shot and killed by the police shortly thereafter.
What’s up with these nut-jobs? :?:
They live in a secular society where free speech is integral part of the selfsame society. They enjoy the protection and economic benefits of this society, but show no hesitation in grabbing guns; or in this case a knife, when they feel their tender sensibilities trod upon! Well, the old saw about: “…if the heat in the kitchen bothers them” why do they stay”?
The answer is probably quite simple, in that they want the “goodies”, but are incapable of accepting the fact that there is no such thing as a free lunch! :evil: :evil:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54581827
Re: Beheading in France
Post by George J. Smith   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:08 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

Arol wrote:No, not by guillotine!
No this time the victim was a French school teacher; who as part of a civic class on free speech decided, as a teaching aid, to use one or more of the cartoons that a couple ago caused the massacre in the Charlie Hebdo editorial office, who was beheaded! :evil: :evil:
That he was aware that he might be touching a volatile subject is clear, in that he asked that if any of his Muslim pupils wished to be excused from attending they were free to leave.
Well the 18 year old Chechen who took his head; and is no doubt being celebrated as a “martyr” in many an extremist Islamic homes behind closed doors, is enjoying his 72 virgins and rivers of nectar, in that he was shot and killed by the police shortly thereafter.
What’s up with these nut-jobs? :?:
They live in a secular society where free speech is integral part of the selfsame society. They enjoy the protection and economic benefits of this society, but show no hesitation in grabbing guns; or in this case a knife, when they feel their tender sensibilities trod upon! Well, the old saw about: “…if the heat in the kitchen bothers them” why do they stay”?
The answer is probably quite simple, in that they want the “goodies”, but are incapable of accepting the fact that there is no such thing as a free lunch! :evil: :evil:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54581827

IIRC from my many years working in KSA, there is a passage in the Koran that intimates "if one cannot support the government of the country in which one lives, then one should leave that country".
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:04 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

If Europeans were less eager to give Chechen terrorist sanctuary and praising them in mass media in 90s, this tragedy would never happened. They saved the rabid dog from euthanasia, and it bite off their hand as soon as they annoyed it a little.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Joat42   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:If Europeans were less eager to give Chechen terrorist sanctuary and praising them in mass media in 90s, this tragedy would never happened. They saved the rabid dog from euthanasia, and it bite off their hand as soon as they annoyed it a little.

The dude who did this wasn't even born back then, plus he was actually born in Moscow of Chechen descent so if you want to blame someone, blame the Russian authorities for letting "known terrorists" move freely about.

Perhaps if you had bothered to inform yourself, you would have known that what predicated the killing was that the family of the kid doing the killing accused the teacher (Mr Paty) of showing "naked pictures of the Prophet Muhammad". That would have enlightened you to the fact that this was a crime done by a religious nut-job and not "Chechen terrorists".

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Arol   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Dilandu wrote:If Europeans were less eager to give Chechen terrorist sanctuary and praising them in mass media in 90s, this tragedy would never happened. They saved the rabid dog from euthanasia, and it bite off their hand as soon as they annoyed it a little.

That the demented Islamic terrorist this time was of Chechen descent is irrelevant at this time, he could just as well have come from anywhere on the globe.
They are like a cancer.
One never knows where they’ll pop up from; and like a cancer, all one can do is eradicate them!
Post by n7axw   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:43 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:

The dude who did this wasn't even born back then, plus he was actually born in Moscow of Chechen descent so if you want to blame someone, blame the Russian authorities for letting "known terrorists" move freely about.

Perhaps if you had bothered to inform yourself, you would have known that what predicated the killing was that the family of the kid doing the killing accused the teacher (Mr Paty) of showing "naked pictures of the Prophet Muhammad". That would have enlightened you to the fact that this was a crime done by a religious nut-job and not "Chechen terrorists".

One doesn't have to be a religious nut job to be deeply offended by this. I am not Islam and I am offended. Muhammad should not be exposed to ridicule. But, then, Jesus hung naked on a cross. Thinking of it in this context does strip away some of the religious romanticism that Christians indulge in. That has to be a good thing.

But, I know that when I read the article, my thought was "what was the idiot thinking?" I was thinking about the teacher. For dumb, disrespectful and insensitive, this one has to be near the top.

It doesn't justify his murder, of course. The killer will need to be brought to justice in a court of law.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Joat42   » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:17 am

Joat42
Admiral

n7axw wrote:One doesn't have to be a religious nut job to be deeply offended by this. I am not Islam and I am offended. Muhammad should not be exposed to ridicule. But, then, Jesus hung naked on a cross. Thinking of it in this context does strip away some of the religious romanticism that Christians indulge in. That has to be a good thing.

But, I know that when I read the article, my thought was "what was the idiot thinking?" I was thinking about the teacher. For dumb, disrespectful and insensitive, this one has to be near the top.

What the actual fuck? Are you really victim-blaming?! He was a teacher, he was teaching the students about Charlie Hebdon. Anyone who feels that a teacher should censure himself so he doesn't disturb the sensibilities of thin-skinned religious people is in the end cheering on the death of free speech in favor for religious authoritarian speech.

I stand by my words, ANYONE WHO THINKS THEIR RELIGION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A LIFE IS A FUCKING RELIGIOUS NUT-JOB THAT SHOULD BE LOCKED UP!!! Anyone saying that I'm wrong can go fuck themselves because they are then threading into the territory of being a religious nut-job.

n7axw wrote:It doesn't justify his murder, of course. The killer will need to be brought to justice in a court of law.
-

"of course"... since murder isn't "dumb, disrespectful and insensitive"...

If you wonder why I'm so fucking rude, it's for the simple reason you where making excuses for a religious nut-job who killed a teacher. Get your fucking priorities straight Don, because students must also be teached things that are controversial even if some think it's inconvenient, insensitive, dumb or disrespectful, all without their teachers getting killed or chastised for it.

Btw, the religious nut-job is dead because true to his nuttiness he started shooting at the police when they tried to apprehend him.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:59 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:The dude who did this wasn't even born back then, plus he was actually born in Moscow of Chechen descent so if you want to blame someone, blame the Russian authorities for letting "known terrorists" move freely about.

The dude was born in the family of Chechen "refugees", which essentially means "flee away when it became apparent that Second Chechen war is ending".

Post by Dilandu   » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:04 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Arol wrote:That the demented Islamic terrorist this time was of Chechen descent is irrelevant at this time, he could just as well have come from anywhere on the globe.

Yeah, yeah. Everything that made Russian being right is irrelevant, everything that made Russian being wrong is always relevant. :D

Post by n7axw   » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:17 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
n7axw wrote:One doesn't have to be a religious nut job to be deeply offended by this. I am not Islam and I am offended. Muhammad should not be exposed to ridicule. But, then, Jesus hung naked on a cross. Thinking of it in this context does strip away some of the religious romanticism that Christians indulge in. That has to be a good thing.

What the actual fuck? Are you really victim-blaming?! He was a teacher, he was teaching the students about Charlie Hebdon. Anyone who feels that a teacher should censure himself so he doesn't disturb the sensibilities of thin-skinned religious people is in the end cheering on the death of free speech in favor for religious authoritarian speech.

I stand by my words, ANYONE WHO THINKS THEIR RELIGION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A LIFE IS A FUCKING RELIGIOUS NUT-JOB THAT SHOULD BE LOCKED UP!!! Anyone saying that I'm wrong can go fuck themselves because they are then threading into the territory of being a religious nut-job.

n7axw wrote:It doesn't justify his murder, of course. The killer will need to be brought to justice in a court of law.
-

"of course"... since murder isn't "dumb, disrespectful and insensitive"...

If you wonder why I'm so fucking rude, it's for the simple reason you where making excuses for a religious nut-job who killed a teacher. Get your fucking priorities straight Don, because students must also be teached things that are controversial even if some think it's inconvenient, insensitive, dumb or disrespectful, all without their teachers getting killed or chastised for it.

Btw, the religious nut-job is dead because true to his nuttiness he started shooting at the police when they tried to apprehend him.

I suppose my post could have been taken as blaming the victim, although I wasn't thinking of it that way. The teacher certainly didn't deserve to die over the matter.

This also can be taken as a free speech matter. I would fight for your right to be rude to me. But there are also certain things you don't do. For example you don't yell fire in a crowded theater. That's illegal even here in America where we binge out on free speech. That's basically what the teacher did. I completely fail to see the "educational value" in a picture of Muhammad naked, especially in front of a group of kids whose native culture had conditioned them to see that as blasphemy worthy of death. I'm sorry Dilandu, but that doesn't make any sense. There can be a difference between being simply controversial and being outright offensive. I might have the right to be offensive, but is it wise?

I completely agree with your emphatic statement on the value of life and am glad to see it. There we can come together.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Politics