Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Election 2020

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Election 2020
Post by n7axw   » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:44 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

WLBjork wrote:
n7axw wrote:Aren't two parties noisy enough? :lol:

Don

-

You'd think so, but the problem is with only 2 parties, polarisation is a big risk. Take a good look at this election. Too many voters wouldn't change their votes, even if it were a known Adolf Hitler or Iosef Stalin running for their preferred party.

Heck, it's bad enough in the UK and that nation has - hypothetically - 3 main parties (Labour, Conservatives and Liberal Democrats) plus the Scottish National Party up north.

It's entirely possible that, without a major reform of the US system, the US system could collapse within the next century.

Reschuffling the political structure wouldn't really help. The basic problem is demographics with a large number of white voters afraid they will lose their preeminent status. That is probably the underlying cause of the tension. Eventually we will have to learn to live together. There is no going back...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:41 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I can't believe nobody has said it.

DONALD TRUMP! YOU'RE FIRED!

Parents and teachers alike can point to him and tell their kids, "Donald Trump is an example of power gone to someone's head."

He is a cry baby who has lost his pacifier of power. He was so surprised to actually win the election it made him feel invincible. He was born in the wrong country. He would make a better Putin than Putin. He would have been a perfect President for Russia when they were behind the Iron Curtain. Because he wouldn't have to act like he cared. Which made me suspect Putin's hand in assassinating Trump's ego.

He is a Reality TV personality who made Reality TV out of his Presidency. Preparing his exit for more Reality TV. He was most likely the biggest bully on the playground when he was a kid according to many reports. Taught to him by his father. So, in essence we made the mistake of putting the biggest bully on the playground in the White House. He is a bully because of skeletons and insecurity. And his fan base were ignorant bullies too. Those who weren't initially, quickly went over to the dark side.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by WLBjork   » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:00 pm

WLBjork
Commander

cthia wrote:I can't believe nobody has said it.

Parents and teachers alike can point to him and tell their kids, "Donald Trump is an example of power gone to someone's head."

He is a cry baby who has lost his pacifier of power. He was so surprised to actually win the election it made him feel invincible. He was born in the wrong country. He would make a better Putin than Putin. He would have been a perfect President for Russia when they were behind the Iron Curtain. Because he wouldn't have to act like he cared. Which made me suspect Putin's hand in assassinating Trump's ego.

He is a Reality TV personality who made Reality TV out of his Presidency. Preparing his exit for more Reality TV. He was most likely the biggest bully on the playground when he was a kid according to many reports. Taught to him by his father. So, in essence we made the mistake of putting the biggest bully on the playground in the White House. He is a bully because of skeletons and insecurity. And his fan base were ignorant bullies too. Those who weren't initially, quickly went over to the dark side.

Lord Sugar - the man who runs BBC's version of The Apprentice - has done so.
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:44 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

WLBjork wrote:
cthia wrote:I can't believe nobody has said it.

Lord Sugar - the man who runs BBC's version of The Apprentice - has done so.

Honey child - you mean I missed that!? That's one for the archives, a gem in the video library. A collector's item.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:29 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

My niece sent everybody in the family a text.

She says "Joe Biden should wear a MAGA hat and a T-shirt saying "Donald Trump you're fired!"

Make America Great Again

Donald Trump, you're fired!

Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:42 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:My niece sent everybody in the family a text.

She says "Joe Biden should wear a MAGA hat and a T-shirt saying "Donald Trump you're fired!"

Make America Great Again

your niece is a woman of elevated and correct sentiments :-)
Post by George J. Smith   » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:34 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Make America Great Again

Don't forget to have 46 printed on the cap :mrgreen:
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:10 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Make America Great Again

George J. Smith wrote:Don't forget to have 46 printed on the cap :mrgreen:

For certain. LOL

Her text sparked a multi-line call. Trump's Presidency may draw my niece into politics. My sister says nooooooo!

My niece is strongly advocating change in our election process. She wants to do away with the outdated electoral college and she insists D.C. be made a state and given more than 3 electoral votes. She says, paraphrasing, "If I want to know what the weather is like in some city in North Carolina, I call someone in that city. If I want to know about a certain person who lives in a city, I'll refer to a friend who knows that person. The District of Columbia should know all about a President. So, carrying D.C. should be a prerequisite of an election. If you're a President and you can't even carry the state which Houses the WH, what does that say about you if your neighbors, who should know you well, are against you." LOL

She insists D.C. should be given at least 20 electoral votes because of its special status. Initially she said 50. She said it should be like those exams which are a huge part of your overall grade. Interesting, and funny.

Post by n7axw   » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:11 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I think Puerto Rico and DC will eventually have statehood status. (Tongue in cheek) I will leave it to cthia's niece to decide how the electoral votes are divided up. For my money do away with the whole anachronistic husiness.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:36 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

n7axw wrote:I think Puerto Rico and DC will eventually have statehood status. (Tongue in cheek) I will leave it to cthia's niece to decide how the electoral votes are divided up. For my money do away with the whole anachronistic husiness.

Don

-

what is Trump up to now [sacking entire civilian defence bods] - it's looking rather scary from the outside?

or are we just panicking?

Return to Politics