Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests

Trump-Biden Debate

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Trump-Biden Debate
Post by Arol   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 am

Arol
Captain of the List

Debate is maybe a bit of a misnomer to apply to this; the first public confrontation between the two Presidential candidates.
A debate is usually exemplified by two opposing sides; in turn, presenting theirs sides of an argument!
Trump and Biden came across as two crotchety old men squabbling at each other over a garden fence.
Lemon and Matthau from “Grumpy Old Men”; but without the humor!
As for a winner and looser, IMO there was no winners, only losers? The American electorate!
Re: Trump-Biden Debate
Post by n7axw   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:22 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Arol wrote:Debate is maybe a bit of a misnomer to apply to this; the first public confrontation between the two Presidential candidates.
A debate is usually exemplified by two opposing sides; in turn, presenting theirs sides of an argument!
Trump and Biden came across as two crotchety old men squabbling at each other over a garden fence.
Lemon and Matthau from “Grumpy Old Men”; but without the humor!
As for a winner and looser, IMO there was no winners, only losers? The American electorate!

I didn't watch it. I avoid Trump as much as possible. He hasn't anything to say to me and I wouldn't believe him if he did. But I did read around a bit and most of the commentators gave Biden at least some credit for trying to deal with issues.

I think the remainder of the debates should be canceled. People have already made up their minds. No public interest is served by giving Trump more time to rant before a national audience on TV.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Seriously, if they were given each a pillow and ordered to have a pillow fight it would be much less embarrassing, and still have as much sense. How long it would took for you, Americans, to realize that there are no difference who of them would won, as long as system that allow such "candidates" to be elected existed? You two-party system is a total wreck: both parties need to be replaced by new ones, if you want to salvage it, not just continue a slide toward oblivion.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by The E   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:33 pm

The E
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:Seriously, if they were given each a pillow and ordered to have a pillow fight it would be much less embarrassing, and still have as much sense. How long it would took for you, Americans, to realize that there are no difference who of them would won, as long as system that allow such "candidates" to be elected existed? You two-party system is a total wreck: both parties need to be replaced by new ones, if you want to salvage it, not just continue a slide toward oblivion.

Man, it takes some advanced-level bothsidesism to look at Trump and Biden and conclude they're both equally bad.
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

The E wrote:Man, it takes some advanced-level bothsidesism to look at Trump and Biden and conclude they're both equally bad.

Nah, it's just took outsider view. Especially post-Soviet outsider, who knew how Communist Party of USSR declined, and could see exactly the same processes in both American megaparties.

Post by n7axw   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:21 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
The E wrote:Man, it takes some advanced-level bothsidesism to look at Trump and Biden and conclude they're both equally bad.

Nah, it's just took outsider view. Especially post-Soviet outsider, who knew how Communist Party of USSR declined, and could see exactly the same processes in both American megaparties.

The Republicans, at least, are no longer interested in being a governing party. They need time in the wilderness to sort themselves out.

Democrats will, if they win, bring competent people to govern. Since 1994, Demos have actually had control of the agenda two years 2008- 2010 (First half of Obama's first term.) Otherwise Republicans have pretty much called the shots. About all Demos could do was curb the Republicans worst impulses.

On the bright side, Obama run a scandal free administration. Maybe we can do that again with Biden. I hope so anyway.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:32 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

n7axw wrote:
Democrats will, if they win, bring competent people to govern.

You seriously believe in it? :lol: Where they would find those "competent peoples", when the best candidate they could find is a 77-years old grandpa? Seriously, gerontocracy is a clear sign of troubles: its a plain demonstration that ruling elite want nothing else than run things exactly like they accustomed to. Democrats have a full deck of bright, young candidates; they prefer the senile old men, who would be over 80 years old by next election, and who is almost certainly have troubles dealing with fast-changing international situation. "Competent people" to govern, yeah. Chernenko (who ruled from hospital bed) was probably also viewed as pretty competent by Party leadership...

Post by The E   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:06 pm

The E
Admiral

In pure economic terms, both Clinton and Obama did better than their immediate predecessors and successors in office.

So yeah, the current iteration of the democratic party does have a talent pool that is deeper and much less tainted by Trump than the GOP can offer. At the very least, the number of actual criminals doing actual crimes while in office will be greatly reduced under Biden.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:55 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

“In Europe, they live, they have forest cities, they’re called forest cities. They maintain their forest, they manage their forest. I was with the head of a major country, it’s a forest city. He said, ‘sir, we have trees that are far more—they ignite much easier than California’… I spoke with the governor about it, I’m getting along very well with the governor. I said at some point, you can’t every year have hundreds of thousands of acres of land just burnt to the ground. That’s burning down because of a lack of management.”

Now, I kinda guess he is talking about Bonn, but it certainly reads like he doesn't know that. And let's face it, he's wrong on so many things in just that verbiage that it's hard to know what he was trying to talk about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Donnachaidh   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

Is Russia's one man system better?

Dilandu wrote:Seriously, if they were given each a pillow and ordered to have a pillow fight it would be much less embarrassing, and still have as much sense. How long it would took for you, Americans, to realize that there are no difference who of them would won, as long as system that allow such "candidates" to be elected existed? You two-party system is a total wreck: both parties need to be replaced by new ones, if you want to salvage it, not just continue a slide toward oblivion.

Return to Politics