Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests

It's OK. The police shot a white man!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
It's OK. The police shot a white man!
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:02 am

TFLYTSNBN

I am following this local stoy:

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/0 ... eased.html

So far the police have released no details except to assure the community that the man who was shot by the police is white.
Re: It's OK. The police shot a white man!
Post by Donnachaidh   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:16 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

The title of your post shows that you haven't really heard what is being said. No one is saying white people aren't shot, killed, or beaten by police. What they're saying is it happens to non-whites, especially blacks, much more often and they are harrassed by police much more often.

I am white and the number of times I've interacted with the police in my life is less than the number of times one of my black coworkers does in 2 months. And I live in the Willamette Valley too.

I saw a tweet yesterday that summed it up well: All lives don't matter if black lives don't matter.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I am following this local stoy:

So far the police have released no details except to assure the community that the man who was shot by the police is white.
Post by Relax   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Donnachaidh wrote:The title of your post shows that you haven't really heard what is being said. No one is saying white people aren't shot, killed, or beaten by police. What they're saying is it happens to non-whites, especially blacks, much more often and they are harrassed by police much more often.

I am white and the number of times I've interacted with the police in my life is less than the number of times one of my black coworkers does in 2 months. And I live in the Willamette Valley too.

I saw a tweet yesterday that summed it up well: All lives don't matter if black lives don't matter.

Unfortunately in this case, the FBI, and police can read basic statistics unlike you. When a group of individuals, by a WIDE margin are responsible for a disproportionate percentage of thuggish behavior, it tarnishes everyone else in the group as well. The only problem I see is a LACK of police work in the self segregated black neighborhoods up north. Frankly, it is quite telling that this does not happen down south where all that historic racism was and supposedly still IS.

Now add that crime goes where crime is not punished. Then compound the situation with a racist mantra overtone even though half the cops are black themselves who are doing the work + some bad history and hate mongers saying today is worse than yesterday even though crime is way down, police beatings etc are way down etc and vioala you have situation. If people for political gain lie loud enough long enough, eventually you will get a following of like minded drones who are too damned lazy to look at statistics as it benefits them as looking closer at the situation would ultimately put the blame on themselves for being gullible, naive, and lazy.

Does any of the above justify being overly brutal by police? No.

Does any of the above justify locking people up, giving them NOTHING to learn other than lessons from their like minded stupid actions(95% of why in jail to begin with) cell mates so when they get out they can get a job? NO. So, they get stuffed in a cell, and learn thug behavior. Guess what, they get out, can't get a job, and do what they know, stupid thug behavior. Guess what? A large number of cooks in Korea are ex cons. At least they have a job everyone can do when they get out of prison. Why? They are taught this in prison. Their Recidivism rates are vastly lower than in the USA where MOST prisons(not all), do not force them to learn a trade, so inmates learn to be lazy and learn "tricks" of the "Trade" from their genius prison mates. GUess what? The few prisons in the USA that DO semi force trade training, have lower Recidivism rates. ;) Ya don't say...

PS: Another major compounding factor is broken up families. Most inmates come from them. If you get out and have no place to go as your family was destroyed by mom and dad being irresponsible... and extended family ALSO being irresponsible, it creates a cycle. This is true in ALL sub societies irregardless of skin color as one of the major correlations to incarceration. Not a pretty truth, but a truth non the less.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:43 am

TFLYTSNBN

Donnachaidh wrote:The title of your post shows that you haven't really heard what is being said. No one is saying white people aren't shot, killed, or beaten by police. What they're saying is it happens to non-whites, especially blacks, much more often and they are harrassed by police much more often.

I am actually somewhat in agreement with you about how often Black people interact with the police. The homicide statistics that I so often cite to make the point that Black people commit far more crimes than white people also confirm that the vast majority of black people will never commit a serious crime in their lifetime. To many police attempt to compensate for their inability to solve crimes by presuming that dark skin is probable cause.

Yes, white people often get a free pass for crimes that a black person would be held accountable for. My marijunna bootlegging tenant would not have been given a free pass for shooting at my son if he had been Black. This leniency probably encouraged his lilly white drinking buddy from the Gaston Pythian lodge to believe that he could get away with abducting and murdering his former girlfriend and their toddler son. The bastard almost got himself killed when I caught him poaching on my property years ago. Lord, I apologise for my restraint. As payback he dumped his victims near my home.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

You're looking at an over-sampled poplulation that has been statically shown, given the same crime and similar circumstances, are typically be charged with more severe crimes, given plea deals for more severe charges, and be given more severe sentences.

Relax wrote:Unfortunately in this case, the FBI, and police can read basic statistics unlike you.

[snip]
Post by Daryl   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:31 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Old proverb. Give a dog a bad name.
Any group that is easily identified, and disadvantaged socioeconomically will commit more crimes, and be incarcerated more.
Happens in our country as well, but it does appear to be worse in the US.
Post by Relax   » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:57 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Donnachaidh wrote:You're looking at an over-sampled poplulation that has been statically shown, given the same crime and similar circumstances, are typically be charged with more severe crimes, given plea deals for more severe charges, and be given more severe sentences.

Relax wrote:Unfortunately in this case, the FBI, and police can read basic statistics unlike you.

[snip]

NOT true in the slightest, as you IGNORED the biggest reason for jailtime: repeat offenders and not 1st time which means IRREGARDLESS of ethnicity, they all get same number of years. This has been shown repeatedly by every single study irregardless of leaning(left/right/center/black/white/hispanic). Those going to jail, are NOT 1st time offenders in vast majority of cases.

The above reason is why coming from a dysfunctional family matters so much. Those with extended families are able to take in their delinquent at a higher rate allowing said person to straighten their life out as vast majority do something blatantly STUPID and get arrested. No one does time(almost no one) on first offenses. It is the 3rd or 4th offense when you get the time and escalate to worse and worse crimes eventually obtaining a Felony and the big house. My two different cousins are wonderful examples and one of my foster kids are as well.

PS: 20-->25% of foster kids wind up in jail and make up a VERY large %%% of those in jail due to turd parents. This is why I take them in and wish more people would do so. Fighting crime is in my opinion a waste of time. Most is due to broken families. To help: Foster system is frankly broken and needs to have higher % of adoption rate. Process for adoption is completely screwed up, making it near impossible under our current system to adopt leaving the MOST vulnerable to doing STUPID things at age 18.1 years of age utterly on their own(we all do stupid quite well but most have families to fall back on)
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by Relax   » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:00 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:Old proverb. Give a dog a bad name.
Any group that is easily identified, and disadvantaged socioeconomically will commit more crimes, and be incarcerated more.
Happens in our country as well, but it does appear to be worse in the US.

Said groups give themselves the bad name to start with by other actions THEY control. Out of wedlock birth, drug use %, graduating from High school, divorce rates, etc before even talking hard crime.

There is a reason stereotypes exist: At their heart, there is a kernel of truth.

EDIT: PS: Every single one of my foster kids has come from drug infested Hell holes. No one forced their parents to do drugs.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by Donnachaidh   » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:31 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

Every now and then I forget one if the biggest rules of the internet; there's not winning arguments and it's almost unheard of to change someone's mind.

I'm done with responding your arguments that ignore the underlying systemic racism. I don't owe you a damn thing and you're not going to change your mind anyway.

Relax wrote:
Donnachaidh wrote:You're looking at an over-sampled poplulation that has been statically shown, given the same crime and similar circumstances, are typically be charged with more severe crimes, given plea deals for more severe charges, and be given more severe sentences.

NOT true in the slightest, as you IGNORED the biggest reason for jailtime: repeat offenders and not 1st time which means IRREGARDLESS of ethnicity, they all get same number of years. This has been shown repeatedly by every single study irregardless of leaning(left/right/center/black/white/hispanic). Those going to jail, are NOT 1st time offenders in vast majority of cases.

The above reason is why coming from a dysfunctional family matters so much. Those with extended families are able to take in their delinquent at a higher rate allowing said person to straighten their life out as vast majority do something blatantly STUPID and get arrested. No one does time(almost no one) on first offenses. It is the 3rd or 4th offense when you get the time and escalate to worse and worse crimes eventually obtaining a Felony and the big house. My two different cousins are wonderful examples and one of my foster kids are as well.

PS: 20-->25% of foster kids wind up in jail and make up a VERY large %%% of those in jail due to turd parents. This is why I take them in and wish more people would do so. Fighting crime is in my opinion a waste of time. Most is due to broken families. To help: Foster system is frankly broken and needs to have higher % of adoption rate. Process for adoption is completely screwed up, making it near impossible under our current system to adopt leaving the MOST vulnerable to doing STUPID things at age 18.1 years of age utterly on their own(we all do stupid quite well but most have families to fall back on)
Post by Relax   » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:47 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Donnachaidh wrote:Every now and then I forget one if the biggest rules of the internet; there's not winning arguments and it's almost unheard of to change someone's mind.

Show said "systematic" racism and everyone will fight alongside you... But, you can't as the specific stats by population percentage; your viewpoint is complete rubbish. In fact it is the opposite. That is before one factors in color of known perpetrator.

Fun little fact for this thread; White dudes are 2X as likely to die in police custody or being arrested than their black counterparts. Is this also racism? :roll:

Want to argue time spent behind bars: I am with you
Want to argue recidivism rates: I am with you

"systematic racism" is not born by the stats. Take your hate race baiting and F off. If you really want blood in the streets, keep screaming your lies. That blood will be on your hands.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax

Return to Politics