Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Obamagate

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Obamagate
Post by Daryl   » Fri May 15, 2020 4:59 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I hesitate about posting this, as the overall site is in the US, and discussion has become one sided lately, with only fly carrying the US conservative side. However I'd like to get some impressions if I may.
The latest news item seems to be Obamagate, that postulates there has been a long standing political conspiracy, stared by Obama, back long before he stood down. This conspiracy (in essence) has used the media and the "swamp" to somehow discredit Trump.
As well, apparently it is treason as it attacks America itself somehow, not just one politician. Some discussion would be appreciated.
Re: Obamagate
Post by gcomeau   » Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Daryl wrote:I hesitate about posting this, as the overall site is in the US, and discussion has become one sided lately, with only fly carrying the US conservative side. However I'd like to get some impressions if I may.
The latest news item seems to be Obamagate, that postulates there has been a long standing political conspiracy, stared by Obama, back long before he stood down. This conspiracy (in essence) has used the media and the "swamp" to somehow discredit Trump.
As well, apparently it is treason as it attacks America itself somehow, not just one politician. Some discussion would be appreciated.

It's the height of Maga idiocy.

That's pretty much all there is to discuss. There's literally nothing to this except Trump wanting to yell Obama is a criminal to deflect from all the criminal accusations he faces. It's the same BS move he always pulls.
Post by noblehunter   » Fri May 15, 2020 9:25 am

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

I'm not up to speed on all of the details but don't the allegations basically assume that the administration knew who they were unmasking before they asked for it? If the intent was to spy on the incoming administration, wouldn't they need to already know who was who in order to unmask the right people?
Post by n7axw   » Fri May 15, 2020 10:04 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

noblehunter wrote:I'm not up to speed on all of the details but don't the allegations basically assume that the administration knew who they were unmasking before they asked for it? If the intent was to spy on the incoming administration, wouldn't they need to already know who was who in order to unmask the right people?

Don't feel bad. When asked for details by reporters yesterday, the best Trump could do was snarl, "you know what I mean!" So I guess he doesn't know the details either...

(Desperately hunting a flimsy silver lining) At least It's a brief distraction from the wall to wall on covid19.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri May 15, 2020 12:13 pm

TFLYTSNBN

I'm going to abstain from this discussion.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri May 15, 2020 12:31 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

noblehunter wrote:I'm not up to speed on all of the details but don't the allegations basically assume that the administration knew who they were unmasking before they asked for it? If the intent was to spy on the incoming administration, wouldn't they need to already know who was who in order to unmask the right people?

Exactly. The sequence goes like this:

1. Russians are interfering in election.
2. Russians under surveillance.
3. Russians sanctioned.
4. Surveillance shows Russians discussing strategy for dealing with US sanctions with a US citizen.
5. Obama admin says "who's going behind our back to the Russians? Unmask that name.". A completely appropriate response.
6. Name gets unmasked, it's Flynn.
7. Obama people *warn Trump people* that Flynn is shady and to not bring him into their administration.
8. Trump makes him NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR because fucking Trump
9.Flynn busted by FBI in opening weeks of Trump admin. Pleads guilty.

....time passes...

10. Trump has Barr try to sabotage the case against Flynn even though he admitted his guilt. Presiding judge clearly not pleased at the underhanded dealings, appoints another retired judge to argue the case the DOJ is now derelict in handling.
11. Trump declares "omg, it was really OBAMA committing crimes!!! All the crimes! You know the ones! Those... ummm... crimes!"

And that is "Obamagate".
Post by n7axw   » Fri May 15, 2020 12:47 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I'm going to abstain from this discussion.

Why, TFLY,how very noble of you... admirable self restraint... :lol: :lol: (Just teasing, you know)

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri May 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

As a Brit, this doesn't majorly affect me (ripple effect means pretty much everything eventually affects everyone), but I do have some nth-hand idea of what's going on due primarily to Tim Pool, who has been watching it, amongst other things. Judging from his videos and a few other sources (including the BBC News App), it seems that there may be at least some truth to the allegations.

For those who haven't come across him before, Tim Poole is a former journalist-turned-news-commentator who tests as approximately center-left but semi-ironically describes himself as a "Milquetoast Liberal".
Unlike many other Internet Journalists (*cough Mark Di Stefano *cough), he does try to list his sources and cross-check. He also hates organisations that do click-bait headlines, then correct several days later and keep quiet about it.

He runs several major channels, but the two biggest can be found here and here.
They are worth at least a quick glance.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by n7axw   » Fri May 15, 2020 6:48 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:As a Brit, this doesn't majorly affect me (ripple effect means pretty much everything eventually affects everyone), but I do have some nth-hand idea of what's going on due primarily to Tim Pool, who has been watching it, amongst other things. Judging from his videos and a few other sources (including the BBC News App), it seems that there may be at least some truth to the allegations.

For those who haven't come across him before, Tim Poole is a former journalist-turned-news-commentator who tests as approximately center-left but semi-ironically describes himself as a "Milquetoast Liberal".
Unlike many other Internet Journalists (*cough Mark Di Stefano *cough), he does try to list his sources and cross-check. He also hates organisations that do click-bait headlines, then correct several days later and keep quiet about it.

He runs several major channels, but the two biggest can be found here and here.
They are worth at least a quick glance.

Seems a bit right wingy to me... Just read headlines rather than watching videos...

Don

-
Post by Annachie   » Fri May 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Don, to the rest of the western world, politically speaking, a liberal is someone who follows clasical liberalism. Generally a moderate right wing position. Although thanks to the Tea Party and Trump and such those parties are drifting further right. (Or maybe the tea party was a for runner not a cause. Discussion for a different day)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics