Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests

Trump just admitted it

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Trump just admitted it
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:50 am

gcomeau
Admiral

The White House released their "transcript" of the Ukraine call.

Keep in mind there is no recording, this is based on their own notes, this is what they're ADMITTING.

The call goes (paraphrased) as follows.

1. "Congratulations on your recent election results!"
2. "You need US aid a lot. You can't count on Europe."
3. "Do me a favor and investigate my political opponent. I'm going to put you in touch with both the Attorney General and also MY PERSONAL LAWYER (who is not a government employee) to get things going. "

And keep in mind that while this call is occurring Trump just put a hold on that aid and is holding it hostage. "Nice country you got there, be a shame if it stopped getting military aid and Russia invaded it, btw here's a little something you can do for me because we're such good friends..."

This is plain as day extortion of a foreign head of state to aid Trump personally in his upcoming re-election bid. It's a freaking mob shakedown.

If the GOP tries to hold this is not impeachable conduct they will be effectively admitting there is NO standard of lawlessness they will hold Trump accountable for under any circumstances. If Obama had been caught pulling something 1/10th this bad they would have demanded he be put up in front of a firing squad.

(And what is Trump's reaction? The completion of his standard cycle...

First: I didn't do it! Fake news!
Second: Even if I did do it that would be fine, but I didn't do it!
Third: I totally did it and there's nothing wrong with that now YOU apologize to ME!

Yes, he actually tweeted after the release of this call "transcript" asking if the Democrats would apologize to him now. Because he knows his supporters won't read the transcript, They'll just read his tweet.)
Last edited by gcomeau on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Trump just admitted it
Post by Joat42   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Joat42
Admiral

What I'm thinking is that if they only released a transcript of what they think is relevant instead of the actual recording, the recording probably contains some pretty unflattering things.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:36 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:What I'm thinking is that if they only released a transcript of what they think is relevant instead of the actual recording, the recording probably contains some pretty unflattering things.

There is almost no chance there is a recording on the White House side of things. Since Nixon they are really not big on recording their conversations.

Whether one exists on the Ukraine side or in an NSA vault somewhere... who knows...
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:57 pm

TFLYTSNBN

I know that you will respond with an ad hominon attack of the sources, but this is a HUGE problem for the Drmocrats:

https://gellerreport.com/2019/09/democr ... ason.html/

Hypicrosy much.
Post by Joat42   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
Joat42 wrote:What I'm thinking is that if they only released a transcript of what they think is relevant instead of the actual recording, the recording probably contains some pretty unflattering things.

There is almost no chance there is a recording on the White House side of things. Since Nixon they are really not big on recording their conversations.

Whether one exists on the Ukraine side or in an NSA vault somewhere... who knows...

Uhm, are you saying that they typed up the transcript from Trump's recollection of the call?

---

Post by Joat42   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I know that you will respond with an ad hominon attack of the sources, but this is a HUGE problem for the Drmocrats:

https://gellerreport.com/2019/09/democr ... ason.html/

Hypicrosy much.

Are you seriously linking to something Pamela Geller wrote? She has zero credibility, she regularly spouts falsehoods and conspiracy theories taken out of thin air.

I don't have to ad hominem the sources, Pamela Geller accomplishes that all by her own.

---

Post by Joat42   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Joat42
Admiral

What I find fascinating now that the "transcript" is out, is that the whole thing about ODNI giving the middle-finger to the Oversight Committee seems to have been pushed aside.

Out of sight, out of mind - look at the clown jump and caper, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

---

Post by Dilandu   » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:53 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Seems like perfectly ordinary politics, frankly. Whats all this fuss about? Democrats realized that with such attitude they would probably lose the 2020s election - seriously, they didn't even have the single candidate yet! - and decide to launch a desperate last charge on Trump?
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:58 am

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:And keep in mind that while this call is occurring Trump just put a hold on that aid and is holding it hostage. "Nice country you got there, be a shame if it stopped getting military aid and Russia invaded it, btw here's a little something you can do for me because we're such good friends..."

...You seriously think that US military help is the factor of any importance here?

Harsh reality: it is not. If Russia decide that enough is enough, even direct US involvement would not give Ukraine a snowball in hell chance. We have one of three most powerful military forces on this planet. Ukraine isn't even in first twenty. Not to mention the numerous internal problems it have.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Joat42   » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:13 am

Joat42
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:And keep in mind that while this call is occurring Trump just put a hold on that aid and is holding it hostage. "Nice country you got there, be a shame if it stopped getting military aid and Russia invaded it, btw here's a little something you can do for me because we're such good friends..."

...You seriously think that US military help is the factor of any importance here?

Harsh reality: it is not. If Russia decide that enough is enough, even direct US involvement would not give Ukraine a snowball in hell chance. We have one of three most powerful military forces on this planet. Ukraine isn't even in first twenty. Not to mention the numerous internal problems it have.

The reason for the existence of many militaries isn't for defeating an attacker, it's to make an attack too costly or as some put it - it's for defensive reasons.

That means that military aid may tip the balance in such scenario, but it wont work against a determined attacker that's prepared to pay the butchers bill.

---

Return to Politics