Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

So, Trump is saying he has Covid.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: So, Trump is saying he has Covid.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:07 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

He's upsetting the Secret Service agents who are supposed to guard him to the point that they are speaking out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Annachie   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:09 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Oh, and there's more cases of Covid in the White House than in New Zealand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by n7axw   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:05 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
n7axw wrote:And even in this situation, no one to stand up to him and stop him. This is all going to get worse before it gets better.

Don

-

Who's gonna? Republicans, to whom he presented victory from the jaws of almost assured defeat?

Republicans could have had a comfortable victory in 2016 and be lo o looking at a coast to reelection now with a conventional candidate who did the job in a semi-commpetent way. Trump was never a popular politician except with a rather narrow constituency of folks who think he was God. Unfortunately his opponent was also unpopular. He won by about 78 thousand votes in three states that was enough to tip the electoral college his direction at the same time he lost popular vote by over 2,000,000 votes.

Unfortunately, the same people who like Trump have been dominating Republican primaries are the ones who like Trump. So Republicans in Washington who really despise the man crap all over themselves out of fear of getting primaried out of their jobs.

So no, they won't be the ones to stop him...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:03 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

What if Trump is faking infection just to claim a recovery and to praise hydroxychloroquine.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ZVar   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:55 am

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

cthia wrote:What if Trump is faking infection just to claim a recovery and to praise hydroxychloroquine.

It's been very published that Trump isn't using hydroxychloroquine. Which I find hilarious btw. I guess when it comes to his life he won't trust a doctor that thinks having sex with demons is why they are sick.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:57 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:What if Trump is faking infection just to claim a recovery and to praise hydroxychloroquine.

Go up on utube to Glen Kirshner's channel. His thoughts are very similar to yours. My hunch is that it is real. But there is certainly no reason to trust Trump or his cronies.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:09 am

gcomeau
Admiral

ZVar wrote:

It's been very published that Trump isn't using hydroxychloroquine. Which I find hilarious btw. I guess when it comes to his life he won't trust a doctor that thinks having sex with demons is why they are sick.

Yeah as soon as Trump was announced as infected and getting treatment all mention of hyroxychloroquine vanished, which leans me more in the "he's actually sick" direction. Trump might not give the tiniest of craps about promoting bullshit "cures" for his idiot base, but he'll want the best actual real treatments when it's him.
Post by Arol   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:06 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

The sheer number of people who would have to be in on the disinformation ploy kind’a knocks the theory on its’ ass! The staff at the White House, at Walter Meade, and not one “Whistleblower” has emerged? ;)
As for the invisible staff at the WH; the maintenance people, canteen clerical etc., etc.… personnel. What information is out regarding their health and wellbeing?
We have been informed that around a dozen name given people (some including people in the Presidents inner-circle) who are in and out of the WH on a daily basis, have been tested positive for Corona. They must have interacted with the WH staff regularly.
Think of it! A Covid 19 hot spot in the heart of the Executive Branch of the US government!
Like something out of a bad thriller.
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:53 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

What could he possibly get out of this? The infection is a major problem for him; it prevented him from going on debates and rallies (and one of his advantages over Biden was exactly being much more a public person). If there is some strategy, I just fail to see it.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by cthia   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:

What could he possibly get out of this? The infection is a major problem for him; it prevented him from going on debates and rallies (and one of his advantages over Biden was exactly being much more a public person). If there is some strategy, I just fail to see it.

I really thought that would be obvious. He's been trying to downplay the seriousness of the virus from Day 1. Trying to get people to go back to work, schools to reopen, colleges to reopen, businesses to reopen. And he's been touting hydroxychloroquine. Can you take it from there? No?

"Well, if I can beat it America. You can beat it too. It isn't as bad as they say."

And the kicker is ...

"There is no need for absentee voting. You can go to the polls."

AND.... it also gives him an excuse to skip a second debate. I bet Biden is so happy Trump refused to shake his hand at the beginning of the debate. I sure would be too. Perhaps he knew he had it then, if he had it then.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Politics