Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Book 3

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
Book 3
Post by fortunesfool   » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:34 am

fortunesfool
Midshipman

I know the second book just came out but I'm still wondering how long until book 3. I lucked out and found into the Out Of The Dark about two months before Into The Light came out so I didn't have much of a wait so I'm antsy!! Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Book 3
Post by ywing14   » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:12 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Yeah good question. Haha I enjoyed the second book.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:47 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Hello fortunefool

Welcome to the forum! You're asking the question all of us are too!

I think there's a post somewhere that details what we know of David's upcoming works. I think it's cross-posted from his Facebook page.

I don't think the next book in this series was advanced sufficiently. I'm hoping Chris Kennedy does get it moved on quickly so we don't depend on David having a lot of time. He's got a lot on his plate.

Meanwhile, I highly recommend other works by both David and Chris, if you haven't read them. The Gordian Protocol series is a good one to start if you haven't got the time to invest in the Honorverse or Safehold. As for Chris's, I recommend the Theogony, Codex Regius and Progenitors' War trilogies, all in the same universe following the same crew of the Vela Gulf (the third book of that third trilogy isn't published yet).
Post by LoveLeo   » Sat May 13, 2023 5:23 pm

LoveLeo
Midshipman

fortunesfool wrote:I know the second book just came out but I'm still wondering how long until book 3. I lucked out and found into the Out Of The Dark about two months before Into The Light came out so I didn't have much of a wait so I'm antsy!! Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I loved the first book and second book too.
Post by Thrandir   » Mon May 22, 2023 3:50 am

Thrandir
Commander

The 3rd Book To Challenge Heaven is due to be released from MacMillan on the 16th Jan 2024; this is according to the MacMillan website.

:o

I really want the next Safehold one to be out :D
Post by Peter2   » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:10 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thrandir wrote:The 3rd Book To Challenge Heaven is due to be released from MacMillan on the 16th Jan 2024; this is according to the MacMillan website.

[snip] :D

. . . and it's now available to pre-order in Kindle format from Amazon.
Post by richardinor   » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:00 pm

richardinor
Commander

Hopefully snippets soon.
Post by GreatPisces   » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:11 pm

GreatPisces
Midshipman

Peter2 wrote:
Thrandir wrote:The 3rd Book To Challenge Heaven is due to be released here to buy phenq from MacMillan on the 16th Jan 2024; this is according to the MacMillan website.

[snip] :D

. . . and it's now available to pre-order in Kindle format from Amazon.

Ok, thanks for telling us that the book can be purchased from Amazon.

Return to Out of the Dark