Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

[Spoilers] Connections...

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
[Spoilers] Connections...
Post by Joat42   » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:13 pm

Joat42
Admiral

I don't know if this has been discussed, but is the humans rapid technological advancement (in comparison to Hegemony standards) artificially induced? As in someone tinkered with the genome for example to make humans more creative or perhaps induced creativity through other technical means, ex variant of a neural inducer.

And could this someone also be responsible for "vampires" ?

My hunch is that they are connected. It also could mean that this someone very likely have had dealings with the Hegemony in one way or another that didn't go too well, but it's kept secret within the Hegemony.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Joat42 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Spoilers Re: Connections...
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:44 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

In "Into The Light", the people responsible for the "vampires" have been nicknamed "The Other Guys".

I suspect that that the "Other Guys" may have been one of the original Founders of the Hegemony and "something happened to them".

I doubt that the "Other Guys" had any hand in humanity's rapid technological advancement but perhaps we'll get some clues in the next book (after Into The Light).

Joat42 wrote:I don't know if this has been discussed, but is the humans rapid technological advancement (in comparison to Hegemony standards) artificially induced? As in someone tinkered with the genome for example to make humans more creative or perhaps induced creativity through other technical means, ex variant of a neural inducer.

And could this someone also be responsible for "vampires" ?

My hunch is that they are connected. It also could mean that this someone very likely have had dealings with the Hegemony in one way or another that didn't go too well, but it's kept secret within the Hegemony.

Thoughts?
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Re: Connections...
Post by Fireflair   » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:58 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

In Into the Light (to expand on the previous post), the GH is suggested to have begun with not 4 initial species but 5. The 5th appears to be missing after some period of time. It is theorized that the 5th race MAY be who brought the tech out which created vampires.

But they're really not sure. Vampires are way more advanced than the rest of the GH's tech.

I think we'll find out more in the next book too. My current theory is that the 5th race was another race that advanced more quickly than the others and either went entirely electronic, or just moved on to another place to exist where they wouldn't be held to the standards of the GH. I believe it's possible that we'll see them in the next book as they try to connect with humanity.

Return to Out of the Dark