Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Into the Light snippet #12

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
Re: Into the Light snippet #12
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:45 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Well, the book might also be about the "mystery" of the vampires. ;)

PeterZ wrote:The entire book can't be about rebuilding the Earth after the Shongairi. That just sounds boring. There has to be some skipping into the future pretty soon.
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:17 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Hard to indentify the conflict or ensign there, Drak?

DrakBibliophile wrote:Well, the book might also be about the "mystery" of the vampires. ;)

PeterZ wrote:The entire book can't be about rebuilding the Earth after the Shongairi. That just sounds boring. There has to be some skipping into the future pretty soon.
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:02 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

I agree. I hope, we'll see some adventures of Vlad&Co, too. After all, it's a David Weber book, and one of the things David definitely isn't known for is to write sleep-inducing poetry, let's say :lol:

(Not that the chapters so far weren't interesting, but ... as long as no evil overlord is lurking in the shadows somethere at Earth, the story about rebuilding Earth can only bring you to a certain point, and that point is ... un-Weberish to end a book, at least in my opinion)
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:06 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

MINOR SPOILER

Having seen an advance copy of the book, I can assure you that it is now solely about rebuilding the Earth, and that there is plenty of conflict.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by George J. Smith   » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:26 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

fallsfromtrees wrote:

MINOR SPOILER

Having seen an advance copy of the book, I can assure you that it is now solely about rebuilding the Earth, and that there is plenty of conflict.

This sort of reinforces my feeling that there will be follow on books dealing with Terran forces arrival in Shongairi/Hegemony space.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:35 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
MINOR SPOILER

Too bad. That doesn't sound nearly as interesting as humanity fighting an alien enemy.
Post by drothgery   » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:14 pm

drothgery
Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:MINOR SPOILER

Was that a not/now typo?
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:47 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

drothgery wrote:
fallsfromtrees wrote:MINOR SPOILER

Was that a not/now typo?

I was wondering that, given the last phrase...
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:48 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
MINOR SPOILER

PeterZ wrote:Too bad. That doesn't sound nearly as interesting as humanity fighting an alien enemy.

Oops - severe typo - the word now should have been not. Apologies.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:47 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Hold the phone. If Fallsfromtrees has a copy of the book, why is TOR taking so long to publish it? They could schedule a release within 8-9 months of submission.

Return to Out of the Dark