Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Marriages

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Re: Marriages
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:36 am

ThinksMarkedly
Admiral

Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:39 am

Fox2! wrote:Will the Fringe accept Vyom over Callum as "Second of his House"? Vyom will be perceived as a Heart, and one of the Five Hundred. So is Callum, but he bears the scars of the Second Battle of New Dublin. That will reduce any anti-Heart prejudice. Reagan will have to follow her father and older brother into the Service in some manner to be acceptable to the Fringe Third of her House.

At some point, we will need a list of the Murphys, although probably not until the succession shakes out.


Vyom is not beyond redemption in the eyes of the Fringe. Terrence was seen as a foppish Heart-worlder and he did good things, so Vyom could too.

But I think we're being set up to see family strife in the next book, pitting Vyom against Callum.
Top
Re: Marriages
Post by Lego2Gpa   » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:51 pm

Lego2Gpa
Ensign

Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:07 pm

Eira's prospects just got better.
News released July 18 of artificial eggs.
"A team of researchers affiliated with a host of institutions across Japan has created, for the first time, viable mice eggs from scratch using stem cells. "

Don't expect Weber to use it. He's of "The author's role is to make life as difficult as possible for the hero." school.
Top
Re: Marriages
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:40 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Admiral

Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:39 am

Lego2Gpa wrote:Don't expect Weber to use it. He's of "The author's role is to make life as difficult as possible for the hero." school.


He uses the Au-Thor's Hammer.
Top
Re: Marriages
Post by Fox2!   » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:48 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:34 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
Fox2! wrote:Will the Fringe accept Vyom over Callum as "Second of his House"? Vyom will be perceived as a Heart, and one of the Five Hundred. So is Callum, but he bears the scars of the Second Battle of New Dublin. That will reduce any anti-Heart prejudice. Reagan will have to follow her father and older brother into the Service in some manner to be acceptable to the Fringe Third of her House.

At some point, we will need a list of the Murphys, although probably not until the succession shakes out.


Vyom is not beyond redemption in the eyes of the Fringe. Terrence was seen as a foppish Heart-worlder and he did good things, so Vyom could too.

But I think we're being set up to see family strife in the next book, pitting Vyom against Callum.


Die sexuelle Hörigkeit (Drei Groschen Oper, Act 2, Interlude) will almost guarantee a split between Vyom and Terrance (and Simron, who appears to be devoted to her husband). Unless Ingrid dumps him, then it will turn into a search for vengeance on his part. But against his parents, or against Ingrid, depends on how things end up between him and Kanada.
Top
Re: Marriages
Post by Fox2!   » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:44 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:34 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Lego2Gpa wrote:Callum (after finding Rish design of the Singularity Manifolds,) worries he will have to marry some girl who thinks floride in the water is a plot.
Doesn't sound like he thinks Eira is a potential wife? Confusing hints about that relationship.


I don't know about Callum, but Eira May have ... something?

In the boutique, after leaving the artisan making sculpture, where Callum brought the sculpture of Craeb Uisnig, the grreatvSilver Tree itself.

"I didn't realize you liked that statue so much", she said as they reached the boutique.

"It's not for me.}

"Your sister? Mother? Someone ... else?"

"For you, Eira", he said, and she stopped dead, staring at him.
Top
Re: Marriages
Post by Lego2Gpa   » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Lego2Gpa
Ensign

Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:07 pm

When Callum wakes up in the hospital, he's asking for Eira's touch. Mixed hints by the author.
Callum feels strongly, so the remark about needing to marry a nutcase conflicts with the rest of the relationship shown.
Top
Re: Marriages
Post by Fox2!   » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:40 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:34 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Lego2Gpa wrote:When Callum wakes up in the hospital, he's asking for Eira's touch. Mixed hints by the author.
Callum feels strongly, so the remark about needing to marry a nutcase conflicts with the rest of the relationship shown.



And she is overwhelmed when Terrence. (First of his House, and of his Name) responds that un-thinking self-sacrifice is what one does for friends ... and family.
Top
Re: Marriages
Post by Fox2!   » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:55 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:34 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Fox2! wrote:On reflection, Callum - Eira does not necessarily have dynastic implications. Vyom is the oldest son/oldest child, so would be the logical successor to Terrence, regardless of whether male preference or absolute primogeniture is used. Unless of course, Vyom sides with his grandfather in the coming turmoil. Does Ingrid lead to die sexuelle Hörigkeit and a split with his father? Are the attractions of the 500 thicker than blood? Will Vyom or Callum be "Second of his House"? Or, in a Weberesque sleight of hand, will Reagan end up being Second of her House, instead?


Even if Regan ends up being "Third of her House", Callum taking Eira as his wife would cement the Fringe to the Dynasty, and to the Empire.
Top

Return to Path of the Fury