Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Help, my e mail has been hacked

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Help, my e mail has been hacked
Post by Mycall4me   » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:59 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

My e mail was hacked (a while back) and microsoft locked it. I was unable to resolve the issue, and was forced to open up a new account (with gmail) (I'm done with STUPID Outlook.com) at any rate it meant that I had to update all of the many places that were using my Outlook account to change it to my gmail. Unfortunately I'm STILL finding lesser used accounts that are still using my locked out old e mail. Which brings me to THIS account. I don't use it all THAT often, but I found myself wishing to be able to contribute to the TEIF (and Governor) threads, but without an active e mail there is no way for me to know if I have gotten any responses to me (unless I actually keep going back to check (in person) as it were) Is there any way that anyone knows that I can change the e mail address that's associated with my account? I would appreciate anyone's advice on this matter. Without an active e mail, I will have to keep checking in on this thread to check for any answers of course. But any help any one has would be much appreciated. Thanks (in advance) for the help
Re: Help, my e mail has been hacked
Post by The E   » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:40 am

The E
Admiral

This is something only a board administrator (i.e. Duckk) can do.
Re: Help, my e mail has been hacked
Post by Guillaume   » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:05 pm

Guillaume
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Mycall4me wrote:Is there any way that anyone knows that I can change the e mail address that's associated with my account? I would appreciate anyone's advice on this matter. Without an active e mail, I will have to keep checking in on this thread to check for any answers of course. But any help any one has would be much appreciated. Thanks (in advance) for the help

It's well hidden, but you can do it yourself.
( I just did it a few weeks ago ) :
- On the main forum page you need to click on User Control Pänel
- Then you need to click on Profile
- Last you need to click on Edit account Settings

You'll end up on a page where you can change your email address. Note : you need to enter your password at the bottom to validate the change.

Return to Free-Range Topics...