Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

My Cat

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
My Cat
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri May 15, 2020 6:20 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Re: My Cat
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat May 16, 2020 11:54 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Post by isaac_newton   » Sun May 17, 2020 2:49 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:My cat is a basket case:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WAd45ruPZEPpvqH37

is that the same cat as in prev post - colours somehow look different - or is that a camera/lighting artefact?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun May 17, 2020 9:47 pm

TFLYTSNBN

isaac_newton wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:My cat is a basket case:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WAd45ruPZEPpvqH37

is that the same cat as in prev post - colours somehow look different - or is that a camera/lighting artefact?

This is the same cat.

Hobbs is the last of The Three Amigos. His mother was a feral cat who was living in one of our barns. His mother was a slut because it is obvious that all the kittens had different fathers. She was the Theodosia Kuzak of cats. She disappeared so my daughter took the kittens in to bottle feed them until they were able to be outdoor cats again. Our two seeing eye dog rejects became good friends with the cats. Unfortunately; the cats sufferred attrition, probably from hawks, bobcats or cyotes. Hobbs was the sole survivor. This amazed me because he is a long hair cat who usually became severely matted unless we shaved him frequently.

Hobb's long hair almost killed him when he got grass seeds burrowing into him. He required surgery to extract the foreign bodies. There is no pet more expensive than a stray. Post surgery, Hobbs became an indoor cat. Best cat we ever had. Almost dog like behavior. Goes to the door when he needs to go outside. Will come when you call him. Usually doesnt require forever and a day to walk through an open door.

There have been other stray cats.

Magnus the Magnificient showed up during a blizzard. Trying to be a hard ass, I reluctantly consented to feeding him. Climbing up onto my shoulder and purring while he rubbed against me was persuasive. Then Magnus started coughing. Took him to the vet. Thousands of dollars later, we adopted him.

Isabella was another stray. Our Rhodesian Ridgeback was outraged to see her in our yard. The Rhodesian Ridgeback tried to eat Isabella. It was a Mexican Standoff. The Rhodesian Ridgeback had Isabella's head in her mouth. Isabella had her claws embedded in the Ridgeback's ears. The Ridgeback decided that she was unwilling to sacrifice her ears to eat the cat. They never became friends. Isabella taunted the Ridgeback. The Ridgeback was heartbroken oner day when she was outside and looked inside to see Isabella rolling and scrubbing on her bed. Isabella would frequently hide to pounce the Ridgeback. Retaliation was swift and certain, but never decisive. The Ridgeback that hunted oppossums, raccoons, deer to extinction, and even a tresspassing human (not quite lethal) was no match for Isabella.

Return to Free-Range Topics...