Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

Kids say and do the darndest things

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Kids say and do the darndest things
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:49 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'm the godfather of a precocious 3-yr-old. She doesn't want to do anything momentous without me. She just had her third birthday party, but I couldn't make it because of the travel restrictions, and the pandemic.

She says to her parents "Ring him up and let me talk to him. You don't tell me the truth anymore."

It seems they have lost her trust. It started when the family was huddled up watching old video recordings of the mother's family in 1985. They had purchased a camcorder shortly after they hit the market. At one family reunion, the kids were running around playing "Cooties" where you touch one kid and suddenly he's got some awful disease. "Ew, you got the cooties!" Then you run and not let that kid touch you because... he's suddenly got some awful disease. That was a game when I was a kid too.

So the little girl asked "What's the cooties mom, can I get it?"

They explained to her that cooties isn't real and was just a game kids made up. That was only weeks before the Covid-19 scare. Now they're at their wits end trying to explain to her that Covid-19 and all of the hand washing and the fear of touching people isn't the cooties. "You said the cooties isn't real!"

To pile onto that, I sent her an ipad. She asked her father why computers have invisible legs. Apparently she doesn't like the message "Your computer's battery is "running" low."

"Computers don't really have legs honey."

"Then why did Mom tell Robby (her older brother) that she didn't want his new computer to take feet and walk out like the other one did?"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Kids say and do the darndest things
Post by Daryl   » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:41 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I've got two grand daughters who have now been precocious for 10 and 13 years. Always charming to see them bloom, but I admit that I now miss my little girls, whom I'll never see again, as they are now becoming women, and different beings.
The youngest at about 3 loved the sound of kookaburras (we live in rural Australia), but called them cookie buggers.
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:I've got two grand daughters who have now been precocious for 10 and 13 years. Always charming to see them bloom, but I admit that I now miss my little girls, whom I'll never see again, as they are now becoming women, and different beings.
The youngest at about 3 loved the sound of kookaburras (we live in rural Australia), but called them cookie buggers.

Cookie buggers. LOL

I still tease my niece. She used to pronounce refrigerator as fri-ja-ray-ja-na. Hilarious. There was a time she believed any food item she wanted could be found in that magical place.

My sister is big on manners. No, I mean really big. She taught my niece at an early age, as we all were taught, if you touch a food item, you have to eat it. Nobody wants to eat something you've been fondling. (Mostly when you're out in a buffet like setting at a restaurant.) Anyway, kids are like sponges, and they'll turn your rules against you. My niece immediately put the new rule to use. "Hey Mom. I just touched this bag of chips." LOL

She loves barbecues and chicken. At 1-yr-old she'd saunter over to the grill and get her mother's attention "Hey Mom, I want this piece right here, making sure she touched it. Then she licks the barbecue off of her finger.

"That kids going to be a genius, sis."

"If I don't kill her first." LOL

Yes, you miss the innocence before puberty.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:19 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I set up a group chat on messenger, mostly so we could inform all tbe older kids about my other half's recovery from a car accident, but it gets used as a general family chat. Pregnancy anouncenents, births, all sorts of stuff.

My 15 month old grand daughter got hold of her mothers phone the other day and managed to use messenger to set up a group call. Half a dozen confused adults and one laughing toddler all on the screen at the same time. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Free-Range Topics...