Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forum Rules & Information

This is the place where we will be posting snippets of soon-to-be published works!
Re: Forum Rules & Information
Post by Duckk   » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

I did a Test User's Permissions check and I can see the Edit Signature along the right hand side column after going to the appropriate menu as described in my previous post. I also used our old test account and was able to change the signature for it. Unless I actually log into your account, I'm not seeing a problem.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Spacekiwi   » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Duckk wrote:I did a Test User's Permissions check and I can see the Edit Signature along the right hand side column after going to the appropriate menu as described in my previous post. I also used our old test account and was able to change the signature for it. Unless I actually log into your account, I'm not seeing a problem.

I updated my browser, and cleared the cache, and it seems to work now. thanks duckk for the assist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by Aleyoops   » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Aleyoops
Commander

I am just curious about something. But how does the user "rank" work. I am guessing it is by number of postings?
Post by Spacekiwi   » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Aleyoops wrote:I am just curious about something. But how does the user "rank" work. I am guessing it is by number of postings?

Correct. They work as per the actual officer ratings in the navy, so as to allow quick identification of how much a particular user has been posting. A midshipman and ensign are the first ranks, and you get promoted up towards admiral and fleet admiral the more you post.

However, there are also a few extra people who have non naval 'ranks' on this site. these people are the moderators(Duckk), David Weber (aka RunsForCelery or RFC), and one or two other special people. if you click on a users name in the onlins bit on the right, then go to the registered users section, you can sort posters by rank. do this twice and you will get the newest members and the special ranks appearing on your screen.

Edit: with new server, two clicks now shows fleet admirals instead of midshipmen for me.

=D
`

New Forum Topic: Lyrics
Post by Zanbeau   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:54 am

Zanbeau
Midshipman

Is there a forum where we could write the lyrics to Honorverse songs? I'd love to see the entire "Mommas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to be Spacers" and "I am Solly Admiral, a Very Modern Admiral."
Post by Duckk   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:36 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Zanbeau wrote:Is there a forum where we could write the lyrics to Honorverse songs? I'd love to see the entire "Mommas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to be Spacers" and "I am Solly Admiral, a Very Modern Admiral."

I'd consider that falling into the realm of fanfic.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I mean for "Mommas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to be Spacers", since that is a song which David has already mentioned in text, and as such may have an idea what it should be.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by kbus888   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

Happy 2013 everyone !!!

Hi Aleyoops

This might help :D

http://web.ncf.ca/et116/DW-ABBR.htm

R

Aleyoops wrote:I am just curious about something. But how does the user "rank" work. I am guessing it is by number of postings?
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by Russ   » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 am

Russ
Ensign

I might have just screwed up. If I did in my last post (reactive armor take this cup from me its was just supposed to be a pseudo communication from a harried and frustrated ships captain as a way of introducing the idea, not in any way meant to be fan fiction and the use of damn was to present the curmudgeons frustration with the defacing of his ship.In any case please review it and remove it if you feel like I stepped over any lines. I plead living in Washington state and the new laws re: recreational marijuana plus the late hour and my accursed sense of humor
and throw myself on the courts mercy.
Post by Daryl   » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Reading the snippets on Eric Flint's page I noticed that a poster named "Knucklrdraggingwino" was both very knowledgeable about the Honorverse and interested in shower scenes.
Could we please let our old friend Namelessfly back? I'll try not to press his political buttons.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Daryl wrote:Reading the snippets on Eric Flint's page I noticed that a poster named "Knucklrdraggingwino" was both very knowledgeable about the Honorverse and interested in shower scenes.
Could we please let our old friend Namelessfly back? I'll try not to press his political buttons.

Agreed. He was fun to argue with as long as it wasnt political.
`

Return to Snippets