Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Honor as an Anime

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Honor as an Anime
Post by Laarye   » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:28 am

Laarye
Midshipman

I would like to ask you Mr. Weber, to consider having the Honor Harrington books turned into an anime. I've seen many anime as well as live action movies. At this point in time, I do believe that an HH movie or show could do well, yet I feel that live action would not do it justice.

With anime, the designs of the characters could be easily depicted without the trouble of trying to find actors that are just 'close enough' looking. A fair number of anime depict space battles in the way the Honorverse does, with hundreds or thousands of missiles being fired. The high quality animes would even capture the look of the technologies better without the chance of looking cheap that could happen in a live action show. Most anime characters look young even when they are supposed to be adults, and the idea of Prolong would work well, again without needing to find actors to look the part, along with the chance of a success and carrying on for years, then the there is no chance of the actors actually aging too much.

Mr. Weber, I feel the best chance of accuracy would be with you still alive and involved. With the way current franchises are, the idea of The Honorverse being made into a show after you are gone, would ruin it for any current or new fans.

All I ask, is that you please consider turning The Honorverse into an anime. With you involved, it could actually be great.

Thank you for your time in reading this.
Re: Honor as an Anime
Post by Robin_WH   » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:47 pm

Robin_WH
Ensign

Laarye wrote:I would like to ask you Mr. Weber, to consider having the Honor Harrington books turned into an anime. I've seen many anime as well as live action movies. At this point in time, I do believe that an HH movie or show could do well, yet I feel that live action would not do it justice.

With anime, the designs of the characters could be easily depicted without the trouble of trying to find actors that are just 'close enough' looking. A fair number of anime depict space battles in the way the Honorverse does, with hundreds or thousands of missiles being fired. The high quality animes would even capture the look of the technologies better without the chance of looking cheap that could happen in a live action show. Most anime characters look young even when they are supposed to be adults, and the idea of Prolong would work well, again without needing to find actors to look the part, along with the chance of a success and carrying on for years, then the there is no chance of the actors actually aging too much.

Mr. Weber, I feel the best chance of accuracy would be with you still alive and involved. With the way current franchises are, the idea of The Honorverse being made into a show after you are gone, would ruin it for any current or new fans.

All I ask, is that you please consider turning The Honorverse into an anime. With you involved, it could actually be great.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

I would not mind seeing honorverse anime if it was done in classic Gundam/Cowboy Bepop style. What I fear about it is the CGI and story pacing. I dislike animation obviously done on computer, I am very much fan of classical animation drawn by hand (90'/early 00'anime are best in that).
Also the books are usually quite long, so it would have to be a series. This also requires a different pacing so good, experienced scenarist would have to be chosen, but that is on producer/director.

Return to David's Dimension