Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Pursuit of the Pankera

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Pursuit of the Pankera
Post by phillies   » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:58 pm

phillies
Admiral

The Amazon description 'a new novel by Robert A Heinlein and David Weber' does not mean quite what people might think, but apparently the foreword is by David, and it apparently is a new Heinlein novel.

I raise it here because I missed any other mentions of it.
Re: Pursuit of the Pankera
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:32 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

phillies wrote:The Amazon description 'a new novel by Robert A Heinlein and David Weber' does not mean quite what people might think, but apparently the foreword is by David, and it apparently is a new Heinlein novel.

I don't believe that it is a new novel. I think it is the first draft of what became _The Number of the Beast_ (a draft, IIRC, Heinlein threw out after his brain surgery because he considered it to be no good).
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Re: Pursuit of the Pankera
Post by Randomiser   » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:22 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
phillies wrote:The Amazon description 'a new novel by Robert A Heinlein and David Weber' does not mean quite what people might think, but apparently the foreword is by David, and it apparently is a new Heinlein novel.

I don't believe that it is a new novel. I think it is the first draft of what became _The Number of the Beast_ (a draft, IIRC, Heinlein threw out after his brain surgery because he considered it to be no good).

Discounting the marketing speak there, that would be compatible with the blurb on Amazon. Heinlein could sell anything he put his name to by 1977 and avidly did. If he didn't publish this, he must have had a good reason. Just sayin

Return to David's Dimension