Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ThinksMarkedly and 33 guests

Which book(s) cover 10th and 2nd Fleets arriving at Mesa

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Which book(s) cover 10th and 2nd Fleets arriving at Mesa
Post by Somtaaw   » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:21 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

Shannon_Foraker wrote:- Tom/Eloise

Nope, can't see that. I'm afraid Eloise won't be getting any high-profile shipping done, it just isn't in her personality.

Tom wouldn't screw over even a dead friend like that by going after their girl, and Eloise being both a former Aprilist and a People's Commissioner is somewhat used to death of close friends and lovers.

Would Tom have gone to Eloise to offer what few comforts he could, after Solon? Absolutely, but it would have been strictly platonic, at most some light hugging and various comfort foods. But he wouldn't have hinted at offering more, and she's not the type to have asked either.

If Usher weren't already married, he could have made another play for Eloise, they were casual lovers prior to Javier. But he wouldn't have wanted to taint her memories of Javier, and he is married (and seems to enjoy making the public think he's a cuckold) so he wouldn't have done anything with Eloise either.

If the hinting at the end of UH stay true, Eloise will be leaving the public scene after her Presidency forever. So if she does find love again, it's going to be out of the spotlight and someone who was never previously introduced. A nobody in other words, maybe some academia type who shares her passion for history and the original Republic of Haven prior to the rise of the Legislaturalists.
Re: Which book(s) cover 10th and 2nd Fleets arriving at Mesa
Post by cthia   » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Somtaaw wrote:
Shannon_Foraker wrote:- Tom/Eloise

Nope, can't see that. I'm afraid Eloise won't be getting any high-profile shipping done, it just isn't in her personality.

Tom wouldn't screw over even a dead friend like that by going after their girl, and Eloise being both a former Aprilist and a People's Commissioner is somewhat used to death of close friends and lovers.

Would Tom have gone to Eloise to offer what few comforts he could, after Solon? Absolutely, but it would have been strictly platonic, at most some light hugging and various comfort foods. But he wouldn't have hinted at offering more, and she's not the type to have asked either.

If Usher weren't already married, he could have made another play for Eloise, they were casual lovers prior to Javier. But he wouldn't have wanted to taint her memories of Javier, and he is married (and seems to enjoy making the public think he's a cuckold) so he wouldn't have done anything with Eloise either.

If the hinting at the end of UH stay true, Eloise will be leaving the public scene after her Presidency forever. So if she does find love again, it's going to be out of the spotlight and someone who was never previously introduced. A nobody in other words, maybe some academia type who shares her passion for history and the original Republic of Haven prior to the rise of the Legislaturalists.

Love your analysis. It is an interesting take on things. But I don't think anyone can ever hope to taint her memories of Javier. And Javier would want her to find love again, no matter the source. The best way to look after someones girl is to marry her.

At any rate, one can't always choose who one falls in love with. Sometimes it just happens when you fail to lace up your shoes and you trip. BAM!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse