Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 122 guests

Battle of Trevor's Star

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Battle of Trevor's Star
Post by tlb   » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:41 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:But then, hasn't he already spoke on who he thinks is the greatest strategist / tactician in the Honorverse?

kzt wrote:Yes. But he was exiled to Earth.

cthia wrote:The author himself, or Hornblower???

I expect KZT is referring to Admiral Parnell; who went to the Solarian League after being rescued Hell, to tell the truth about who overthrew the Legislaturalist regime.
Post by kzt   » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:42 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
cthia wrote:Yes. But he was exiled to Earth.

The author himself, or Hornblower???

Well, yes.
Post by tlb   » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:47 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Yes. But he was exiled to Earth.

kzt wrote:The author himself, or Hornblower???

kzt wrote:Well, yes.

KZT, how could you mess up the quotes like than? You switched places with Cthia!!!
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
kzt wrote:Yes. But he was exiled to Earth.

The author himself, or Hornblower???

kzt wrote:Well, yes.

:o Ok, in the forum I shall agree. :roll:

But actually I think Honor has become far bigger than her creator. But don't tell him I said so. :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by kzt   » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:07 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:I expect KZT is referring to Admiral Parnell; who went to the Solarian League after being rescued Hell, to tell the truth about who overthrew the Legislaturalist regime.

That's it. Some famous RMN guy once explained why he was the greatest.
Post by tlb   » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:39 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:You may have a point about that particular expectation. But hey, that would be his fault.

When you are out in the wild there are signs telling you not to feed the animals. If you do they will expect you to continue. Build it (forum) and they will come. Feed them and they will come. The author had been feeding the "animals of the forum" long before I arrived; in the form of snippets, sniplets, snips, and the occasional cameos in threads. This animal simply expected a snack from rote training. I don't think anyone in that thread at the time wasn't expecting input on that matter. But just the appearance of god was aplenty.

But then, hasn't he already spoke on who he thinks is the greatest strategist / tactician in the Honorverse?

Does this at all correspond to health issues that have happened to him and his family? Certainly there was a time when he was much more active with both writing books and participating in the forum, but at one point his doctor told him to cut back. If he has to conserve his energy, I would rather that it was spent on writing (so I can find out what happens).
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:50 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:
cthia wrote:You may have a point about that particular expectation. But hey, that would be his fault.

When you are out in the wild there are signs telling you not to feed the animals. If you do they will expect you to continue. Build it (forum) and they will come. Feed them and they will come. The author had been feeding the "animals of the forum" long before I arrived; in the form of snippets, sniplets, snips, and the occasional cameos in threads. This animal simply expected a snack from rote training. I don't think anyone in that thread at the time wasn't expecting input on that matter. But just the appearance of god was aplenty.

But then, hasn't he already spoke on who he thinks is the greatest strategist / tactician in the Honorverse?

Does this at all correspond to health issues that have happened to him and his family? Certainly there was a time when he was much more active with both writing books and participating in the forum, but at one point his doctor told him to cut back. If he has to conserve his energy, I would rather that it was spent on writing (so I can find out what happens).

I'm not sure but I think it was long before we found out about his health issues. Regardless, he was already in the thread, to our excitement.

On second thought, I think expecting him to post on the subject is too strong a term. It was more like hoping. You had to be there in the moment to understand. It was a good thread. David liked it. His take on the definition of strategy and tactics is priceless.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse