Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 48 guests

The Merch? (Or: Rosie Speculates on T-shirts & Other Things)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
The Merch? (Or: Rosie Speculates on T-shirts & Other Things)
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:48 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

As I'm sure most of you are aware, it's election season.

And with election season comes a positive blizzard of campaign related merchandise. Bumper stickers, mugs, t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats... you name it, a campaign probably sells it online to its supporters.

Which, naturally, got me started thinking about the potential of such items in the Honorverse. Oh, not in the sense of them actually existing, but more in a fanciful, "what if?"

And because awesome t-shirts aren't just limited to campaigns, naturally my overactive imagination ventured out of the political realm.

Do BuWeaps staff have t-shirts that say, "You can't scare me, I work for Sonja Hemphill"?

Do Talbott's embassy staff have mugs that proclaim them "Matsuko's Minions"?

What would a "Pritchart for President" campaign t-shirt look like, anyway?

Do visitor centers on Sphinx sell plush treecats, and how many youngsters go home with one riding their shoulder?

If you could design your own in-universe Honorverse merch, what would it be?

Go nuts!
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Re: The Merch? (Or: Rosie Speculates on T-shirts & Other Thi
Post by saber964   » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:31 pm

saber964
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:As I'm sure most of you are aware, it's election season.

And with election season comes a positive blizzard of campaign related merchandise. Bumper stickers, mugs, t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats... you name it, a campaign probably sells it online to its supporters.

Which, naturally, got me started thinking about the potential of such items in the Honorverse. Oh, not in the sense of them actually existing, but more in a fanciful, "what if?"

And because awesome t-shirts aren't just limited to campaigns, naturally my overactive imagination ventured out of the political realm.

Do BuWeaps staff have t-shirts that say, "You can't scare me, I work for Sonja Hemphill"?

Do visitor centers on Sphinx sell plush treecats, and how many youngsters go home with one riding their shoulder?

Go nuts!

Consult MoH for what can happen to Treecat plush toys.

Also What is the RMNA-SI sports team mascot.
Post by Somtaaw   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:06 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

roseandheather wrote:As I'm sure most of you are aware, it's election season.

Go nuts!

Ok... then I'm stealing your own signature thing since you didn't suggest it Rose.

T-shirts, pins, and perhaps scarves for senior administrators working for President Pritchart, all of which state "I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart." :lol:

And Grayson baseball games.... they make mockeries of all Earth sport finals put together. :o
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It just wouldn't be right if I didn't turn my favorite bumper stickers into t-shirts...

On the front...
What is a warrior treecat's motto?

On the back...
The thrill of victory. And the agony of the feet.

Pokermind turned it into a bumper sticker for us. It would look great on a t-shirt.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2376&start=1059

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

My favorite manopener...

Treecat P38s.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:25 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Simply...
Oops

With a pic of a huge explosion.

Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

In Honor of the various dueling protocols...
The Smith & Wesson Protocol.

I'm bonded.

The Treecat Protocol.

Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:34 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I had a quickie in a wormhole.

Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:38 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

For everyone at ACS...
Conjunction junction what's your function?...

Post by Hutch   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

I do have an Old Tillman T-Shirt (acquired at Libertycon in 2015) that would probably be available after the brewery tour on Sphinx.

As for in-character, Tourville's crew would have to have something with a cigar motif. I think Theisman's functionaries would borrow from today's Canadians and have the motto "We Stand on Guard" (which come to think of it would work for almost any of the GA).

Keep them coming.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Honorverse