Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 60 guests

What, no planet kablooey?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: What, no planet kablooey?
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:47 am

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Loren Pechtel wrote:And on the third hand the island of stability is about longer-lived isotopes more than about actually stable ones. Even if they were being formed in a neutron star they wouldn't be here now.

Agreed on all points. That's what I meant when I rephrased my conclusion as saying that nature isn't creating it in sufficient quantities (and in sufficient frequency) for us to see them. It may be happening, but if it isn't constantly being replenished, the minute quantities that are being created aren't enough to be detected from here.

We can create it but we can't store it for very long--perhaps the universe is the same way.

Well, anti-hydrogen is difficult to store because it is electrically neutral. It's as difficult to store as hydrogen, actually. But nature has found a way to store hydrogen and it works the same way for anti-hydrogen: gravity.

In other words: we haven't found any anti-matter star, brown dwarf, or gas giant.

Return to Honorverse