Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by saber964   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:52 pm

saber964
Admiral

Posts: 2407
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm
Location: Spokane WA USA

cthia wrote:The poor little chipmunk in therapy that was snuck up on by Nimitz'. :D


That Chipmunk is more than likely a living toy for all the treecat's currently living at Harrington House which IIRC number 42.
Top
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:05 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Posts: 2056
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:39 pm
Location: Republic of Haven

saber964 wrote:
cthia wrote:The poor little chipmunk in therapy that was snuck up on by Nimitz'. :D


That Chipmunk is more than likely a living toy for all the treecat's currently living at Harrington House which IIRC number 42.


...I must adopt that chipmunk and protect it from ever being tormented again.
~*~


I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Top
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by JeffEngel   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:15 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

Posts: 2074
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:06 pm

fallsfromtrees wrote:How about Ganny El. She is a fascinating study of a feisty old lady.

Yes! Ganny El rocks! ...I feel I am letting her down not throwing lots of encouraging profanity in there. Alas!
Top
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:56 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1957
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:51 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

JeffEngel wrote:
fallsfromtrees wrote:How about Ganny El. She is a fascinating study of a feisty old lady.

Yes! Ganny El rocks! ...I feel I am letting her down not throwing lots of encouraging profanity in there. Alas!

I understand where you are coming from, but PG-13, so what can you do.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Top
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by stewart   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:18 am

stewart
Captain of the List

Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: Southern California, USA

Who are your favorite minor characters in the Honorverse?

--------------------

Let's hear it for the originator of the "Let's Be About It" phrase

Thomas Bachfisch

I move recall him to Active Duty (for pay purposes) and place him in charge of Intel for Manticoran Silesia

-- Stewart
Top
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:36 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1605
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:53 pm
Location: Independence, Missouri

--Snipping--
Who are your favorite minor characters in the Honorverse?
--------------------
stewart wrote:Let's hear it for the originator of the "Let's Be About It" phrase, Thomas Bachfisch. I move recall him to Active Duty (for pay purposes) and place him in charge of Intel for Manticoran Silesia -- Stewart
Yeah, I like that tough old bird alot. I don't think he's going to let anyone put something over on him, but with Sarnow et. al already on station, if he'll put on the uniform again, but let's make him a Rear Admiral and the SDF liason for Meyers.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Top
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by stewart   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:01 am

stewart
Captain of the List

Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: Southern California, USA

SharkHunter wrote:--Snipping--
Who are your favorite minor characters in the Honorverse?
--------------------
stewart wrote:Let's hear it for the originator of the "Let's Be About It" phrase, Thomas Bachfisch. I move recall him to Active Duty (for pay purposes) and place him in charge of Intel for Manticoran Silesia -- Stewart
Yeah, I like that tough old bird alot. I don't think he's going to let anyone put something over on him, but with Sarnow et. al already on station, if he'll put on the uniform again, but let's make him a Rear Admiral and the SDF liason for Meyers.


-----------------

40 years of 1/2 pay have already made him a full Admiral on the reserve list. (see War of Honor)

-- Stewart
Top
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 14679
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

stewart wrote:
Who are your favorite minor characters in the Honorverse?

--------------------

Let's hear it for the originator of the "Let's Be About It" phrase

Thomas Bachfisch

I move recall him to Active Duty (for pay purposes) and place him in charge of Intel for Manticoran Silesia

-- Stewart

Gees! Thanks Stewart, for reminding us where that phrase originates. It's easy to forget and just credit Honor for it after awhile, as she took it, ran with it, and made it her own. Even other officers say " As the Old Lady is fond of saying, 'Let's be about it.' "

On a trivia contest, I would have blundered.


****** *



We simply must include Harold Sukowski, master of the Hauptman Lines freighter Bonaventure, whom Stacy loved tremendously.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:20 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1605
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:53 pm
Location: Independence, Missouri

stewart wrote:Let's hear it for the originator of the "Let's Be About It" phrase, Thomas Bachfisch. I move recall him to Active Duty (for pay purposes) and place him in charge of Intel for Manticoran Silesia -- Stewart
Sharkhunter wrote:Yeah, I like that tough old bird alot. I don't think he's going to let anyone put something over on him, but with Sarnow et. al already on station, if he'll put on the uniform again, but let's make him a Rear Admiral and the SDF liason for Meyers.

-----------------
stewart wrote:40 years of 1/2 pay have already made him a full Admiral on the reserve list. (see War of Honor)
-- Stewart

Nice catch; I totally missed that detail, 'twas worryin' about his injuries. Even better. Make him a station commander for the RMN contingent protecting the Meyers sector while they build up to GSN standards, given that's the model that Michelle Henke proposed, and that they've already got an effective deep space mineral extraction industry. All that extra work ought to make them uppity belters a little more happy with the House of Thomas, yes?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Top
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by JeffEngel   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:56 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

Posts: 2074
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:06 pm

SharkHunter wrote:
stewart wrote:Let's hear it for the originator of the "Let's Be About It" phrase, Thomas Bachfisch. I move recall him to Active Duty (for pay purposes) and place him in charge of Intel for Manticoran Silesia -- Stewart
Sharkhunter wrote:Yeah, I like that tough old bird alot. I don't think he's going to let anyone put something over on him, but with Sarnow et. al already on station, if he'll put on the uniform again, but let's make him a Rear Admiral and the SDF liason for Meyers.

Bachfisch's knowledge and reputation specific to Silesia are too precious to send him somewhere else.

If you need to tap someone in the RMN for Meyers (former) Sector - "Meyers Quadrant"? - affairs, Aivars Terekhov is around, has foreign office experience, has a fine reputation following Mobius, and certainly has a talent for demonstrating initiative and moral courage.
Top

Return to Honorverse