Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Those In The Shadows: Favorite Minor Characters
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:58 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:Bachfisch's knowledge and reputation specific to Silesia are too precious to send him somewhere else.

If you need to tap someone in the RMN for Meyers (former) Sector - "Meyers Quadrant"? - affairs, Aivars Terekhov is around, has foreign office experience, has a fine reputation following Mobius, and certainly has a talent for demonstrating initiative and moral courage.

You are probably right about Backfisch, but I think taking Terekhov and pinning him to a single system is about as useful for combat operations as Patton was in Northern England, though he made a good decoy. Hmmm. How about Yancey Parks? He's been a station commander before, then back him up XO wise with one of the pre-Prolong officers retired from the GSN that's acquainted with fast naval expansion.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:00 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:
JeffEngel wrote:Bachfisch's knowledge and reputation specific to Silesia are too precious to send him somewhere else.

If you need to tap someone in the RMN for Meyers (former) Sector - "Meyers Quadrant"? - affairs, Aivars Terekhov is around, has foreign office experience, has a fine reputation following Mobius, and certainly has a talent for demonstrating initiative and moral courage.

You are probably right about Backfisch, but I think taking Terekhov and pinning him to a single system is about as useful for combat operations as Patton was in Northern England, though he made a good decoy. Hmmm. How about Yancey Parks? He's been a station commander before, then back him up XO wise with one of the pre-Prolong officers retired from the GSN that's acquainted with fast naval expansion.

Anything that brings Sir Yancey Parks back onstage is an excellent plan in my book. I wanted to slap him a few times, but he's an amazing character.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:26 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:

Minor nit - Patton was in southern England acting as a decoy to convince the Germans that the real invasion of Europe was going to occur at Pas de Calais, instead of Normandy.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:49 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:Minor nit - Patton was in southern England acting as a decoy to convince the Germans that the real invasion of Europe was going to occur at Pas de Calais, instead of Normandy.
Oops. I've been working on a novel that includes the WW2 Rangers, and was studying some of where the Rangers were training. Yours truly forgot to transfer his "brain space" forward in time towards D-Day. You are spot on correct.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by stewart   » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:21 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

[quote="JeffEngel"][quote="SharkHunter"][quote="stewart"]
Let's hear it for the originator of the "Let's Be About It" phrase, Thomas Bachfisch. I move recall him to Active Duty (for pay purposes) and place him in charge of Intel for Manticoran Silesia -- Stewart[/quote

Bachfisch's knowledge and reputation specific to Silesia are too precious to send him somewhere else.

-----------

Jeff --

You are right on. Bachfisch is a known quantity by both the Silesians and the Andies. I suggested bringing him back for pay purposes because I think he is best as the (assumed) disgraced RMN Captain making a living as a Merchant operator.
Just give him a few more "surplused" cargo haulers with well placed sensors and add FTL.
There are still a LOT of hidden ce$$pools (and likely a few hidden slave depots) in Silesia (both Manty and Andy).

-- Stewart
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:55 am

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

roseandheather wrote:*cough*

MOLLY DeLANEY AND ALLEN HIGGINS!!!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Actually, for the sake of maintaining SOME sort of civilized relationship with rnh, I'll buy this one...gladly.

...but Shanon does NOT end up roommates with Sonja.

dreamrider

I never said they'd end up as roommates!

I said they'd end up as bedmates. In the naughty and most decidedly romantic sense. :mrgreen:

TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY OF LESBIAN GEEK GENIUSES. :lol:

Yes, I support rnh!
Post by dscott8   » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:40 pm

dscott8
Commodore

I have to confess a soft spot for Dame Estelle Matsuko, Baroness Medusa. I wonder if her relationship with Honor stems from her resemblance, both physical and in personality, to Honor's mother. All Freudianism aside, she plays the diplomatic game well, listens to her advisors and takes no crap from anybody.

Return to Honorverse