Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests

Human Treecat Names

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Human Treecat Names
Post by saber964   » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:00 pm

saber964
Admiral

shdwwlf wrote:
Hutch" quote="Imaginos1892 wrote:Hey - how about Treecat Names for some bad guys?

Admiral Sarah Crandall--Hexapuma in China Shop...

That would be appropriate; especially given how they referred to her disposition... I think it was something on the order of a grizzly bear with hemorrhoids... Perhaps instead Hexapuma with hemorrhoids in China Shop :twisted:[/quote]

Close, FADM Sandra Crandall had the disposition of a Grizzle bear with hemorrhoids trying to pass pinecones and was considered gross libel on Grizzlies.
Post by stewart   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:05 am

stewart
Captain of the List

Rob the Fiend wrote:
John Prigent wrote:I'd like to nominate Victor Cachat for 'Two-leg Person'.
Cheers
John

Hmmm, nice one.
Scary thought, Victor getting adopted.
As if he wasn't dangerous before. :twisted:

-------------------

And Victor would HAVE to be adopted by a hunter rather than a scout; same for Thandi

-- Stewart
Post by stewart   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:08 am

stewart
Captain of the List

dreamrider wrote:
If Elouise gets a treecat partner (and I expect an impression, not just guardianship), Javier WILL get a treecat name, because of his place in Elouise's thoughts...

...which leads us to a very likely name for Giscard:

(this one is for you, rnh)

Javier Giscard = Lives in Heartsongs

dreamrider

----------------

Good call / good choice Dreamrider

-- Stewart
Post by stewart   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 am

stewart
Captain of the List

Valen123456 wrote:Once they have been dealt with they all have the same name: "Rotting Meat."

I like the way you think!

(I have a little theory that eventually some of the Alignment will be caught and put on trial ... and Albreict's sentence will be being handed over to the Treecats. Who will promptly rip him apart while still on the stand, giving a whole new meaning to the the phrase "death by a thousand cuts"!)[/quote]

---------------

After they are "dealt with", their only name will be "No longer a threat"

-- Stewart
Post by Rob the Fiend   » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Rob the Fiend
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

timmopussycat wrote:
Rob the Fiend wrote:
Hmmm, nice one.
Scary thought, Victor getting adopted.
As if he wasn't dangerous before. :twisted:

I nominate your last line as Honorverse understatement of the year!

Thanks. :D
Post by Noble Korhedron   » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:47 pm

Noble Korhedron
Midshipman

Festival wrote:Perhaps this is just wishful thinking about one of my very favorite characters, but I have a feeling we're going to find out precisely what Shannon Foraker's treecat name is...because I'm thinking she's going to be adopted. I think she'd come across just a bit like a memory singer (albeit a sort of distracted, loopy one!), with that complex, long-ranging mind of hers.

"Not exactly living in the here and now, your two-legs..."

"No...she's not. But here, taste deeper."

"Oh...OH! That's a really bad two-legs to have view you as a threat, isn't she?"

"Yep..."
COMPLETELY agree. I can definitely see Shannon Foraker categorised like this by the cats...
Post by cthia   » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Noble Korhedron wrote:
Festival wrote:Perhaps this is just wishful thinking about one of my very favorite characters, but I have a feeling we're going to find out precisely what Shannon Foraker's treecat name is...because I'm thinking she's going to be adopted. I think she'd come across just a bit like a memory singer (albeit a sort of distracted, loopy one!), with that complex, long-ranging mind of hers.

"Oh...OH! That's a really bad two-legs to have view you as a threat, isn't she?"

"Yep..."
COMPLETELY agree. I can definitely see Shannon Foraker categorised like this by the cats...

It sure would be cool if Shannon were adopted. But I always thought she is too preoccupied and busy for an adoption. At one point she was too self-absorbed in her 'puters. She has probably come out of her shell a bit, but enough to be adopted?

One thing that is interesting though. Being a tinkerer, if she does get adopted, Treecats may come to get all of those cool weapons we all dream about for them. I simply can't see Shannon sparing no tech for her Cat. As Honor probably would have done for Nimitz, if she could do the things Shannon can.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Theemile   » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:25 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
Noble Korhedron wrote:COMPLETELY agree. I can definitely see Shannon Foraker categorised like this by the cats...

It sure would be cool if Shannon were adopted. But I always thought she is too preoccupied and busy for an adoption. At one point she was too self-absorbed in her 'puters. She has probably come out of her shell a bit, but enough to be adopted?

One thing that is interesting though. Being a tinkerer, if she does get adopted, Treecats may come to get all of those cool weapons we all dream about for them. I simply can't see Shannon sparing no tech for her Cat. As Honor probably would have done for Nimitz, if she could do the things Shannon can.

I have a feeling not many of the Treecats guarding people will be bonding. Most of the treecats interested in the bond with humans, go looking for it. It is a urning, a void to be filled.

This group of treecats are the stalthwarth souls who havn't had that interest before (for the most part). They are those types which have stood up because duty has called them to defend their people - by defending the Humans leading the defense of their families.

These are the citizen soldier of old - they will do their duties where ever that duty takes them, and then return to their farms and villages and return to their lives.

Some will be changed by their experiences and want to change profession, or fall into a bond they didn't expect. But most will want to return to their old lives.

Now I may be wrong, But I just don't see these warriors as the same personality type as those normally called to bond.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:54 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

cthia wrote:
Noble Korhedron wrote:Perhaps this is just wishful thinking about one of my very favorite characters, but I have a feeling we're going to find out precisely what Shannon Foraker's treecat name is...because I'm thinking she's going to be adopted. I think she'd come across just a bit like a memory singer (albeit a sort of distracted, loopy one!), with that complex, long-ranging mind of hers.

"Yep..."

I think Shannon's come out of her shell enough to be adopted, personally. She interacts with Sonja, in UH, instead of hiding behind a screen. She'd also make some new tech for her cat.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:31 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Shannon_Foraker wrote:I think Shannon's come out of her shell enough to be adopted, personally. She interacts with Sonja, in UH, instead of hiding behind a screen. She'd also make some new tech for her cat.

Nimitz was the first to get a space suit and a pulser. But I think you're right: that privilege is a thing of the past now. Sonja and Shannon's treecat bodyguards will get first dibs on any new tech.

Return to Honorverse