Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 137 guests

Eloise Pritchard's eye color

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Eloise Pritchard's eye color
Post by pushmar   » Sun May 18, 2014 11:37 am

pushmar
Lieutenant Commander

The author has said various times that Eloise Prichard has topaz-colored eyes. So, not being sure what that meant, I went to Wikipedia to see, it says, "... typical topaz is wine, yellow, pale gray, reddish-orange, or blue brown. It can also be made white, pale green, blue, gold, pink (rare), reddish-yellow or opaque to transparent/translucent."

Here is Wikipedia's photo of topaz.

I guess we'll never know until the author clarifies.
Re: Eloise Pritchard's eye color
Post by cthia   » Sun May 18, 2014 12:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

pushmar wrote:The author has said various times that Eloise Prichard has topaz-colored eyes. So, not being sure what that meant, I went to Wikipedia to see, it says, "... typical topaz is wine, yellow, pale gray, reddish-orange, or blue brown. It can also be made white, pale green, blue, gold, pink (rare), reddish-yellow or opaque to transparent/translucent."

One of my Romanian friends younger sister Oana has Topaz eyes. She wears topaz makeup to match. I gave her a set of topaz earrings.

Brown – topaz. Dictionary Definition: Any of various yellow gemstones. Topaz-brown eyes are a pale, clear, shining gold color that reflects back light and appears luminous. They are similar to champagne-colored eyes, but a slightly dark gold. Very beautiful.

Although you have to actually see them. Especially under fluorescent lighting...they shimmer like there's a power source inside. Eerie, but beautiful. You find yourself drawn to her eyes. It embarrasses her because she often catches people staring. It's like looking at a kaleidoscope sometimes.

I don't know if this is what RFC has it mind, but I will always think of Oana when I read it.

And...depending on the lighting, her eyes can assume a hue like either of the colors in the picture, but unstable, as if it flickers. Weird...eerie...beautiful.

I think she's graduating this year. Uni.

Edit:
I am sure Oana's eyes are not the norm!

Last edited by cthia on Sun May 18, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by MaxxQ   » Sun May 18, 2014 12:08 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

pushmar wrote:The author has said various times that Eloise Prichard has topaz-colored eyes. So, not being sure what that meant, I went to Wikipedia to see, it says, "... typical topaz is wine, yellow, pale gray, reddish-orange, or blue brown. It can also be made white, pale green, blue, gold, pink (rare), reddish-yellow or opaque to transparent/translucent."

<snip photo>

I've always pictured them as the color(s) of the two oval stones in that pic.
Post by Festival   » Sun May 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Festival
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Regardless of which variety of Topaz they turn out to be, I think it can be safely assumed I'd be content to stare into them for long periods of time.
Post by cthia   » Sun May 18, 2014 12:21 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Festival wrote:Regardless of which variety of Topaz they turn out to be, I think it can be safely assumed I'd be content to stare into them for long periods of time.

For certain!

Bella from Twilight has topaz eyes.

http://blog.topazlabs.com/curly-stylize ... paz-clean/

http://heterozygous23.deviantart.com/ar ... s-65391420

http://topaz--eyes.deviantart.com/art/B ... -143545717

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/polls/1 ... 8_full.jpg

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

cthia wrote:Bella from Twilight has topaz eyes.

:o (Screams in horror!) :o
Noooo! Keep those sparkly vampires away!
Vampires shouldn't sparkle!
Werewolves shouldn't imprint!
Keep those books away from me!

As for the topaz eye thing...
I just assumed it meant brownish-golden.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by cthia   » Sun May 18, 2014 2:06 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
cthia wrote:Bella from Twilight has topaz eyes.

:o (Screams in horror!) :o
Noooo! Keep those sparkly vampires away!
Vampires shouldn't sparkle!
Werewolves shouldn't imprint!
Keep those books away from me!

As for the topaz eye thing...
I just assumed it meant brownish-golden.

I agree with you about the vampire thing. I dislike those kinds of movies and the subject matter. I haven't seen a single Twilight episode and don't intend to.

Oana's eyes are only brownish-golden inside buildings, away from light sources.

But again, don't know if her eyes are normal.

Post by roseandheather   » Sun May 18, 2014 2:39 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Festival wrote:Regardless of which variety of Topaz they turn out to be, I think it can be safely assumed I'd be content to stare into them for long periods of time.

SECONDED!!!

...we really ought to get around to founding that "Eloise Pritchart Fan Club" one of these days, Festival. :mrgreen:

As to her eye color, I'd always thought of that kind of golden yellow-brown. It's a rare eye color, but not unheard-of.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Sun May 18, 2014 2:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

When I bought the earrings for Oana is when I found out that the true color of a Topaz stone is colorless and transparent.

http://www.gemselect.com/other-info/topaz-colors.php

Post by Tenshinai   » Sun May 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

When someone talk generally about the colour of topaz, it´s normally yellow that is the primary part.

But yellow in this, generalised case can be stretched a fair bit, so golden-yellow-brown is easily within bounds as long as the focus is at least vaguely towards yellow.

This shows the more common "classic" variations, with the middle one often being the most "expected":
http://www.percymarks.com.au/wp-content ... hstone.jpg

Of course, as already mentioned, topaz in reality is a lot more colourful.

Return to Honorverse