Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 167 guests

The Honorverse Forum Wish List

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Honorverse Forum Wish List
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:19 am

roseandheather
Admiral

dreamrider wrote:
It was a love match that happened to require that the state accept the fact and drape it with ceremony. Does count.

Still say that Augustus and Essie won't get married until at least two books out. They need some proper courtin' first. :mrgreen:

dreamrider wrote:Now when Joanna marries that nice Mayhew boy, THAT might be a state wedding. Except neither family would exert (much) pressure.

...now why didn't I think of that??

dreamrider wrote:Now remind me again. Who is the favored matchup for Abigail? Mateo? Helen (should any thing happen to that pretty but otherwise uninteresting Paulo)?

I still stand by Abigail Hearns and Michael Oversteegen. I'm telling you, they're perfect for each other. Would you like an essay as to why? :lol:

dreamrider wrote:OMG. You've got me doing it now.

:lol: :twisted: 8-)

My evil plan is working!!
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by KNick   » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 pm

KNick
Admiral

Personally, I want to see what kind of person Paulo develops into once he starts letting other people see behind that shell he has developed. Helen has started the cracks. Let us see who else he eventually lets in. After all, there must be more to him if Helen is falling for him.

As for your evil plan, simple human nature almost certainly will take care of that.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:48 am

roseandheather
Admiral

I'm kind of a bit torn on this one.

I would love a short story detailing how Javier and Eloise first came to trust each other, recognized their feelings for each other, and decided to be together come hell or high water.

On the other hand, it's pretty much certain that such a story would have me crying myself to sleep for a year.

...oh, what the hell am I saying?? I'm not torn at all - the tears would be absolutely, 1000000% worth it to have that in print.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by lyonheart   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:45 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi KNick,

I agree we need to see what RFC intends for Paulo before condemn him so heartily in abstentia, since we still know so little about him.

On a different wish list, I've always enjoyed imagining the scene where Admiral Styles decides to retire because it could be so fun to write.

Does anyone care to suggest a synopsis in lieu of fanfic?

L

KNick wrote:Personally, I want to see what kind of person Paulo develops into once he starts letting other people see behind that shell he has developed. Helen has started the cracks. Let us see who else he eventually lets in. After all, there must be more to him if Helen is falling for him.

As for your evil plan, simple human nature almost certainly will take care of that.
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by Hutch   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:50 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

lyonheart wrote:.....On a different wish list, I've always enjoyed imagining the scene where Admiral Styles decides to retire because it could be so fun to write.

L

You mean like him sitting in Thomas Caparelli's Office trying to bluster his way out of the charges against him when a woman's voice comes over the speakers and says "I have heard enough of this." and Elizabeth Winton enters the office and proceeds to display the Winton temper to Styles, who then meekly retires as 'requested'?

Something like that? 8-)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by dreamrider   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:36 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Hutch wrote:
lyonheart wrote:.....On a different wish list, I've always enjoyed imagining the scene where Admiral Styles decides to retire because it could be so fun to write.

L

You mean like him sitting in Thomas Caparelli's Office trying to bluster his way out of the charges against him when a woman's voice comes over the speakers and says "I have heard enough of this." and Elizabeth Winton enters the office and proceeds to display the Winton temper to Styles, who then meekly retires as 'requested'?

Something like that? 8-)

Elizabeth? Deign to go to Thomas' office for something like that?

Monarchs do not go to Admiral's Offices. They only go to military precincts to a) review the troops, b) launch ships, c) give medals (rarely - they have receiving rooms for that), and (maybe) d) to retire a friend.

That interjection would go more like:
"I have heard enough of this!"
"Adm Styles, The Crown is no longer pleased to have your service."
"Thomas, please take care of the details."

dreamrider
Post by cthia   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:27 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

lyonheart wrote:
On a different wish list, I've always enjoyed imagining the scene where Admiral Styles decides to retire because it could be so fun to write.

L

I'd just like to see Styles end up on Old Earth, flying a cargo plane full of real dogshit out of Hong Kong.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shannon Foraker's diary.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dreamrider   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:42 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Shannon Foraker's diary.

This would make a great short story for the next anthology.

dreamrider
Post by Hutch   » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:28 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

dreamrider wrote:
cthia wrote:Shannon Foraker's diary.

This would make a great short story for the next anthology.

dreamrider

Yep, if she hadn't forgetten where she put it... 8-) :D
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Honorverse