Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Honorverse Top Ten Tacticians, Strategists

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Top Ten Tacticians, Strategists
Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:31 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:
cthia wrote:I still think, technically, since she was also hiding from the Galaxy's most feared murderer -- who happened to be engineered by the Mesans... and the fact that he had gone so rogue, and was so dangerous that even his creators are probably afraid of him -- then that distinction is a pitiful line. Accurate, but pitiful.

"You have bought your freedom. We won't kill you, but we engineered the most dangerous, the most accomplished killing machine the likes of which the galaxy has never seen. He is loose, and, he WILL kill you!"

If you want to believe that, fine; but it still means that she was not hiding from Mesa. Note that she was not just hiding from the Ballroom, but an additional inducement to flee was that Honor would take a deadly interest upon learning that she had contracted Captain Paul Tankersley's murder (although I cannot believe that Honor was unaware of that).

Anyway that should limit any possibility of a romantic pairing with someone in the Ballroom, since anyone in the Ballroom is authorized to kill her.

Authorization can be rescinded on contract of love. Who is to say that she did not have her own reasons to detest being a slave even worst than Jeremy. And it produced a weapon with an even sharper axe to grind than Jeremy's.

She could become an asset to the Ballroom, as well as Jeremy's wife. Hear her out first. She deserves that.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by tlb   » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:57 am

tlb
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:Anyway that should limit any possibility of a romantic pairing with someone in the Ballroom, since anyone in the Ballroom is authorized to kill her.

cthia wrote:Authorization can be rescinded on contract of love. Who is to say that she did not have her own reasons to detest being a slave even worst than Jeremy. And it produced a weapon with an even sharper axe to grind than Jeremy's.

She could become an asset to the Ballroom, as well as Jeremy's wife. Hear her out first. She deserves that.

No, she does not and there is no one with enough authority in the Ballroom (not even Jeremy) to order that she should live. Even Anton could only get a delay of 3 days for her, provided she publicly destroyed the blackmail files.

This really should be in the Cupid thread, but if you really want to pair her with Jeremy; then he would have to turn outlaw and flee with her, because there is no way that she would allowed to live on Torch - a planet dedicated to the forced emancipation of every genetic slave and at war with Mesa, when her actions betrayed all of that.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:14 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:
tlb wrote:Anyway that should limit any possibility of a romantic pairing with someone in the Ballroom, since anyone in the Ballroom is authorized to kill her.

cthia wrote:Authorization can be rescinded on contract of love. Who is to say that she did not have her own reasons to detest being a slave even worst than Jeremy. And it produced a weapon with an even sharper axe to grind than Jeremy's.

No, she does not and there is no one with enough authority in the Ballroom (not even Jeremy) to order that she should live. Even Anton could only get a delay of 3 days for her, provided she publicly destroyed the blackmail files.

This really should be in the Cupid thread, but if you really want to pair her with Jeremy; then he would have to turn outlaw and flee with her, because there is no way that she would allowed to live on Torch - a planet dedicated to the forced emancipation of every genetic slave and at war with Mesa, when her actions betrayed all of that.

Agreed, let's keep it in the Cupid thread.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse