Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

Cupid

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Cupid
Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:01 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:Spencer Hawke & Sheila Theissen anyone :?: :mrgreen:

Personally, I like it. It has been suggested.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5117&start=280

I question whether an armsman would want to risk endangering a significant other. Enemies would potentially go after a lover. Although Spencer has earned it.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SharkHunter   » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:24 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Do we have any textev about Steadholder (Michael) Mayhew's marital status? Granted, he's likely old enough by now to be all married off and everything, but I don't remember any bits that got the deed done.

And if he's available... hmmmm. He's not THAT much older than Abigail Hearns, (11-12 years per the wikia) in post-prolong terms. IN a way he'd be "marrying up" if you catch my drift; Abigail's the closest thing to a "Grayson Born" Honor that RFC's introduced us to, and she'd be "marrying up" to a good man and into the top tier family on her home planet.

Good match, or no? Thoughts?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by JeffEngel   » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:59 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:Do we have any textev about Steadholder (Michael) Mayhew's marital status? Granted, he's likely old enough by now to be all married off and everything, but I don't remember any bits that got the deed done.

And if he's available... hmmmm. He's not THAT much older than Abigail Hearns, (11-12 years per the wikia) in post-prolong terms. IN a way he'd be "marrying up" if you catch my drift; Abigail's the closest thing to a "Grayson Born" Honor that RFC's introduced us to, and she'd be "marrying up" to a good man and into the top tier family on her home planet.

Well, politically, it'd help tie the Mayhew dynasty (through a cadet branch, granted) to a Steadholder. Shared naval interests would be good for them personally. I worry that the pressure someone in that position would have to crank out babies would work poorly with a GSN career though.
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:08 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:Do we have any textev about Steadholder (Michael) Mayhew's marital status? Granted, he's likely old enough by now to be all married off and everything, but I don't remember any bits that got the deed done.

Well, politically, it'd help tie the Mayhew dynasty (through a cadet branch, granted) to a Steadholder. Shared naval interests would be good for them personally. I worry that the pressure someone in that position would have to crank out babies would work poorly with a GSN career though.

If I were Eloise and/or Elizabeth, I would be (though not where anyone could hear me!) championing Michael Mayhew marrying either a Manticoran or Havenite, and Abigail doing the same, just for the sheer potential it would have in cementing the Grand Alliance. Ties of blood, and all that. Though we don't know Katherine's or Elaine's maiden names, we can presume they were extremely high-status, and probably daughters of the Protector's allies; Grayson doesn't need another alliance match with itself, it needs it with the world outside. Marrying Michael Mayhew to a foreigner would be ideal in that a) it makes a huge political statement about the Graysons' commitment to the GA (in fact, I would champion him marrying a Havenite in particular for exactly this reason), but b) it would keep said "foreign influence" to a cadet branch of the family, not the direct line of the Protectorship.

(Politically speaking, this is also why I am so strenuously in favor of an Abigail/Oversteegen marriage; aside from the fact that I think they're perfect for each other, they're both prominent aristocrats.)

Marrying Michael Mayhew off to, say, Anita Eisenberg (Tourville's communications officer) or another similarly prominent Havenite would do wonders for the GA.

(Of course, he could pull the same stunt as his namesake in the Winton family and fall in love with someone entirely unexpected. :mrgreen: )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:22 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:

roseandheather wrote:
If I were Eloise and/or Elizabeth, I would be (though not where anyone could hear me!) championing Michael Mayhew marrying either a Manticoran or Havenite, and Abigail doing the same, just for the sheer potential it would have in cementing the Grand Alliance. Ties of blood, and all that. Though we don't know Katherine's or Elaine's maiden names, we can presume they were extremely high-status, and probably daughters of the Protector's allies; Grayson doesn't need another alliance match with itself, it needs it with the world outside. Marrying Michael Mayhew to a foreigner would be ideal in that a) it makes a huge political statement about the Graysons' commitment to the GA (in fact, I would champion him marrying a Havenite in particular for exactly this reason), but b) it would keep said "foreign influence" to a cadet branch of the family, not the direct line of the Protectorship.

(Politically speaking, this is also why I am so strenuously in favor of an Abigail/Oversteegen marriage; aside from the fact that I think they're perfect for each other, they're both prominent aristocrats.)

Marrying Michael Mayhew off to, say, Anita Eisenberg (Tourville's communications officer) or another similarly prominent Havenite would do wonders for the GA.

(Of course, he could pull the same stunt as his namesake in the Winton family and fall in love with someone entirely unexpected. :mrgreen: )

Question. Can anyone think of a pairing that wouldn't bode well for one or more of the concerned governments and/or the Alliance?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by JeffEngel   » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:43 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

cthia wrote:Question. Can anyone think of a pairing that wouldn't bode well for one or more of the concerned governments and/or the Alliance?

Abigail Hearns and Benjamin Detweiler. For instance.
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:09 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:
cthia wrote:Question. Can anyone think of a pairing that wouldn't bode well for one or more of the concerned governments and/or the Alliance?

:shock: Yeah. That would be rather sub-optimum. Unless it's a first blind date, and Abigail had been adopted by a treecat first. Oh wait. She's been adopted by Mateo... who as an armsman would likely learn to read 'cat sign language uber quick.

Wonder who'd shred Benny D. first?
:twisted:
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by AdmiralStarNight   » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:42 am

AdmiralStarNight
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

JeffEngel wrote:

Yeah I don't think that would work out well...

unless of course one of the Detweiler clone-sons goes AWOL, and is able to successfully hide from the forces looking to kill him and THEN somehow manages to get in contact with Hearns.

Can you imagine the date? 'So what did you do before you moved to Manticore?'

'oh just tried to destroy everyone about all the nations in the galaxy so we could rise to the top.'

That would probably require the universe to flip upside down and inside out though so I'm sure it wouldn't happen.
~~
Lester Tourville♥
"The Solarian League government is selling many technological advancements and weapons to the Havenites.
Yeah, it's part of a new initiative called, 'Operation: Regret This In Seventeen Years.'"
Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:

AdmiralStarNight wrote:Yeah I don't think that would work out well...

unless of course one of the Detweiler clone-sons goes AWOL, and is able to successfully hide from the forces looking to kill him and THEN somehow manages to get in contact with Hearns.

Can you imagine the date? 'So what did you do before you moved to Manticore?'

'oh just tried to destroy everyone about all the nations in the galaxy so we could rise to the top.'

That would probably require the universe to flip upside down and inside out though so I'm sure it wouldn't happen.

Why didn't I think of that?

AdmiralStarNight, that's a humorous date. But you have to give credit for honesty. Of course, how would you even begin to cover something like that up?

A potential Mr. & Mrs. Smith?

Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:14 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Princess Ruth and....

...wait for it...

Aubrey Wanderman. With Ginger Lewis and a group of tech weenies on loan from HMSS Weyland while that station is rebuilt. Ginger might be interested in... Saburo X.

And we're off... Yes/no/maybe?
---------------------

Return to Honorverse