Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Cupid

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Cupid
Post by JeffEngel   » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:01 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:Princess Ruth and....

...wait for it...

Aubrey Wanderman. With Ginger Lewis and a group of tech weenies on loan from HMSS Weyland while that station is rebuilt. Ginger might be interested in... Saburo X.

And we're off... Yes/no/maybe?

*blink* You know, if we don't know that all four are heterosexual (and I say that because I at least do not), I'd find switching that up - Wanderman/X, Lewis/Winton - a lot more plausible in terms of personalities and interests.

Ginger would be well able to keep up with Ruth's thinking and keep it on task and in perspective. She's also someone who won't be overwhelmed by the Princess' social standing.

I think Wanderman's loyalty to his friends, willingness to go to some lengths in order to be able to stick up for himself and his friends, and accomplishment that way would all strike a chord with Saburo. Aubrey is also suited to helping Saburo move on to love again after having lost before - and he's certainly not going to be confused with Lara!
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:52 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:Princess Ruth and....

...wait for it...

Aubrey Wanderman. With Ginger Lewis and a group of tech weenies on loan from HMSS Weyland while that station is rebuilt. Ginger might be interested in... Saburo X.

And we're off... Yes/no/maybe?

*blink* You know, if we don't know that all four are heterosexual (and I say that because I at least do not), I'd find switching that up - Wanderman/X, Lewis/Winton - a lot more plausible in terms of personalities and interests.

Ginger would be well able to keep up with Ruth's thinking and keep it on task and in perspective. She's also someone who won't be overwhelmed by the Princess' social standing.

I think Wanderman's loyalty to his friends, willingness to go to some lengths in order to be able to stick up for himself and his friends, and accomplishment that way would all strike a chord with Saburo. Aubrey is also suited to helping Saburo move on to love again after having lost before - and he's certainly not going to be confused with Lara!
Well... Ruth's preferences don't appear to lean that way:
Crown of Slaves wrote:"And I'll be just as easy," she muttered, as she broke the security code on the entry hatch within fifteen seconds, "when the right young fellow comes along." Sourly: "Assuming I can get away from the eagle eyes of my mother and aunt."

She watched the hatch swing smoothly open. Pleased, by her easy success in the actual deed at hand; frustrated, by the symbolism of it all.

"What was that?" asked Thandi. There was a trace of amusement in her voice. Ruth had forgotten that Lieutenant Palane had restored the com circuits.

"Nothing," she said, flushing a little.

Her embarrassment increased when one of the Amazons chimed in. "Must be man trouble. You want help, girl? Just say the word, and I'll hold him down for you. Help you get him up, too, if he's pretty enough."

Saburo seems pretty hetero given that it took an "Amazon superwoman" for him to get laid "on stage", and I haven't seen anything that would point Ginger or Aubrey having divergent interests in the market. Of course, I didn't realize Sarnow swung the other way, either however.

Besides, this is the Cupid thread. Ruth needs a man's man who is brighter than your average bear to get laid, and Saburo needs a strong woman in order to move past Lara. Aiming for at least a reasonable level of age appropriateness as well.

It'll do Wanderman and Lewis some off-duty good as well, I'd surmise. Then they can go back to their day jobs of making things much more difficult for Manpower and Mesan interests. Designing a few Trojan(s) aka low manpower high assault value ships (upper level officered by on-hold RMMC freighter captains that retired from the RMN...) perhaps?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by AdmiralStarNight   » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:06 pm

AdmiralStarNight
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

cthia wrote:
JeffEngel wrote:Abigail Hearns and Benjamin Detweiler. For instance.

AdmiralStarNight wrote:Yeah I don't think that would work out well...

unless of course one of the Detweiler clone-sons goes AWOL, and is able to successfully hide from the forces looking to kill him and THEN somehow manages to get in contact with Hearns.

Can you imagine the date? 'So what did you do before you moved to Manticore?'

'oh just tried to destroy everyone about all the nations in the galaxy so we could rise to the top.'

That would probably require the universe to flip upside down and inside out though so I'm sure it wouldn't happen.

Why didn't I think of that?

AdmiralStarNight, that's a humorous date. But you have to give credit for honesty. Of course, how would you even begin to cover something like that up?

A potential Mr. & Mrs. Smith?

Well considering their are 6 clone-sons, and we know one is married with two children. All have very important positions in the family.

If one suddenly woke up and saw what they were doing what was wrong and fled, given the resources, even if the rest of the family tried to cut him off, he might be able to do it. Biosculpt, money, bribes, favors owed and such would all work well here.

I think the plot twist would be that lover-clone would be settled into a nice relationship with Hearns and no one, not even the treecats suspected a thing, until Albrecht & Company were caught and they realize from any surviving records 1 is missing.

Our loveable detectives and agents, Zilwiki & Cachat follow the nearly impossible clues to the doorstep of some modest Manticoran apartment with Mateo Gutierrez standing guard outside the door. Fearing for Ms. Hearns life they charge in only to find that rather than an evil Detweiler strangling her to death, they couple are just startled, all over each other and maybe missing a couple pieces of clothing. (She's been corrupted!)

Once beought in for auestioning, he reveals he had a heel-face turn and couldn't go on being what is practically the definition of evil.

I think it could work out wonderfully, even if it is nearly impossible. Great slash fiction potential :p
~~
Lester Tourville♥
"The Solarian League government is selling many technological advancements and weapons to the Havenites.
Yeah, it's part of a new initiative called, 'Operation: Regret This In Seventeen Years.'"
Post by JeffEngel   » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:05 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:
JeffEngel wrote:*blink* You know, if we don't know that all four are heterosexual (and I say that because I at least do not), I'd find switching that up - Wanderman/X, Lewis/Winton - a lot more plausible in terms of personalities and interests.

Well... Ruth's preferences don't appear to lean that way:
Crown of Slaves wrote:"And I'll be just as easy," she muttered, as she broke the security code on the entry hatch within fifteen seconds, "when the right young fellow comes along." Sourly: "Assuming I can get away from the eagle eyes of my mother and aunt."

She watched the hatch swing smoothly open. Pleased, by her easy success in the actual deed at hand; frustrated, by the symbolism of it all.

"What was that?" asked Thandi. There was a trace of amusement in her voice. Ruth had forgotten that Lieutenant Palane had restored the com circuits.

"Nothing," she said, flushing a little.

Her embarrassment increased when one of the Amazons chimed in. "Must be man trouble. You want help, girl? Just say the word, and I'll hold him down for you. Help you get him up, too, if he's pretty enough."

Saburo seems pretty hetero given that it took an "Amazon superwoman" for him to get laid "on stage", and I haven't seen anything that would point Ginger or Aubrey having divergent interests in the market. Of course, I didn't realize Sarnow swung the other way, either however.

Besides, this is the Cupid thread. Ruth needs a man's man who is brighter than your average bear to get laid, and Saburo needs a strong woman in order to move past Lara. Aiming for at least a reasonable level of age appropriateness as well.

It'll do Wanderman and Lewis some off-duty good as well, I'd surmise. Then they can go back to their day jobs of making things much more difficult for Manpower and Mesan interests. Designing a few Trojan(s) aka low manpower high assault value ships (upper level officered by on-hold RMMC freighter captains that retired from the RMN...) perhaps?

It's unfortunate it still has to be pointed out anymore, but here we go: heterosexuality and homosexuality don't cover the entire range of options. Some of us happen to be picky on different bases. (And some of us just aren't interested in anyone that way, but asexuals really are outside the Cupid thread if we're talking about relationships that are simultaneously romantic and sexual and mutually both.) So - establishing that someone IS interested in men doesn't say much if anything about whether or not they're interested in women too.
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:17 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

--snipping--
JeffEngel wrote:It's unfortunate it still has to be pointed out anymore, but here we go: heterosexuality and homosexuality don't cover the entire range of options. Some of us happen to be picky on different bases. (And some of us just aren't interested in anyone that way, but asexuals really are outside the Cupid thread if we're talking about relationships that are simultaneously romantic and sexual and mutually both.) So - establishing that someone IS interested in men doesn't say much if anything about whether or not they're interested in women too.
*sigh* that this is even UP. Personally it cracked me up when Berry Zilwicki pretty much gave a flip "come on" to Palane, who took it with good graces and flipped it back. The textev is "Ruth said so (feller)", and Saburo seems pretty fixed on Lara even after he died. For all we know Ginger or Aubrey can be either or both, but this thread is meant just for fun. So limiting the "two or three posts" to just those four, that left the hetero- option on the table. Either way, no skin off the nose here.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:48 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:You guys.

We have completely ignored a vital question.

Who's Lester Tourville going to fall in love with??

Umm, I know this isn't going to be popular, but I initially thought he and Shannon would have a go at it when Honor was a prisoner during that entire sordid Cordelia Ransom episode. I just thought he and Shannon shared a very strong bond. It sealed it for me when he helped Shannon out by hiding the fact that she'd helped the prisoners escape.

But that was then.
Now I think Cupid really oughta' consider Tourville and Henke.

Well I did warn it wouldn't be popular didn't I?

Any Tourville/Foraker romance would likely have the Havenite version of "no same chain of command romances" rule stopping it. Isn't the rule flag officers have to be shipped with at least Captains? Shannon isn't quite there rank-wise until Bolthole.

Tourville and Henke has an issue called Solon. I haven't read all the books (read most of Crown of Slaves, and 1 and 2 of Saganami Island), so IDK how much that stops things.
Post by tlb   » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:40 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Shannon_Foraker wrote:Any Tourville/Foraker romance would likely have the Havenite version of "no same chain of command romances" rule stopping it. Isn't the rule flag officers have to be shipped with at least Captains? Shannon isn't quite there rank-wise until Bolthole.

I suggest Shannon Foraker and Herlander Simões; both are similar and it would be poignant, if their daughter proved to be a mathematics genius.
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:You guys.

We have completely ignored a vital question.

Who's Lester Tourville going to fall in love with??

Umm, I know this isn't going to be popular, but I initially thought he and Shannon would have a go at it when Honor was a prisoner during that entire sordid Cordelia Ransom episode. I just thought he and Shannon shared a very strong bond. It sealed it for me when he helped Shannon out by hiding the fact that she'd helped the prisoners escape.

But that was then.
Now I think Cupid really oughta' consider Tourville and Henke.

Well I did warn it wouldn't be popular didn't I?

Shannon_Foraker wrote:Any Tourville/Foraker romance would likely have the Havenite version of "no same chain of command romances" rule stopping it. Isn't the rule flag officers have to be shipped with at least Captains? Shannon isn't quite there rank-wise until Bolthole.

Tourville and Henke has an issue called Solon. I haven't read all the books (read most of Crown of Slaves, and 1 and 2 of Saganami Island), so IDK how much that stops things.

Interesting, but during Saint-Just's reign it would have gotten both of them shipped out the airlock.

Have we actually had a chain of command violation of the heart? Honor and Hamish weren't, were they? The only problem I can recall was Eloise Pritchart and Javier Giscard.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:23 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

tlb wrote:

I suggest Shannon Foraker and Herlander Simões; both are similar and it would be poignant, if their daughter proved to be a mathematics genius.

Or, a threesome of Shannon, Sonja and Herlander.
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:

Shannon_Foraker wrote:Or, a threesome of Shannon, Sonja and Herlander.

He better eat several bowls of Wheaties first. It appears that both of those girls have become work-induced nuns.

Speaking of threesomes, since Honor's marriage has already been "zoned" for threesomes, will she and Hamish ever accept another wife, or husband?

If Hamish dies, will the estate always be called White Haven?

Will we ever see an Andermani marry someone from another system?

Manticore fights for pleasure slaves. Can a pleasure slave marry into nobility? It gives a new meaning to "Commoner." :oops:

Can one of Grayson's Keys marry an ex pleasure slave without problems?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse