Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

Honorverse favorite one-liners

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse favorite one-liners
Post by jthoma8318   » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:18 pm

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:CoG
The Beowulfan military, like that of Manticore, was highly skeptical of the Solarian Navy’s reputation, especially that of Battle Fleet. Not so, however, of the Solarian Marines. Unlike Battle Fleet officers and crews, who could easily go through an entire career without seeing any combat at all, the Marines were a real fighting force.

Interesting. The Marines are better than the Navy.

Mainly because the Marines actually have to fight, like Frontier Fleet only more so. While the Battle Fleet twits only do exercises that everyone already knows the details of. Not quite unlike the US Military during the Ford/Carter era.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:31 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

CoG
“The best clientele you could ask for!” Ruth said enthusiastically. “Beefy commando types. They eat like horses and tip like the upper crust.”

But you'd expect metabolistically modified bottomless stomachs to do just that. Sounds like my closest friends. At least they're good tippers as well. You should be if your waitress needs to sport skates just to keep up. Can you imagine a large table full of Honors?

Princess Ruth is a sweetheart!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:43 pm

saber964
Admiral

I don't know if this one is in here but try this one on for size.

"I hope you enjoyed it asshole, I certainly did"

Aubry Wanderman just after beating Randy Stielman to a pulp.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:52 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:I don't know if this one is in here but try this one on for size.

Good one Saber! I enjoyed it more than Wanderman!! :D

--------------
OBS
...Fearless was her ship, by God! Whatever Hemphill had done to her, no one was going to crap on Fearless's reputation if Honor could help it.

I love this side-band thought. This is the part in the scene when the music began to play.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:47 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

A Rising Thunder
“I believe Abraham, to use Hamish’s delightful phrase, is about ready to rip someone a new anal orifice,” Emily observed.

Definitely must borrow this one. Thanks RFC.

Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:45 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

On Basilisk Station
There were lots of things the Navy could have done to facilitate ACS's routine operations if the over-bred fart had been interested in doing anything that would have required any effort on his part.

Thoughts of one Michel Reynaud of a certain over-bred cretin, Pavel Young.

Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:09 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

On Basilisk Station

Michele Reynaud on Fearless' Captain.
Whatever else that captain was, he clearly wasn't another Lord Pavel Young.

This is quite possibly the understatement of the entire series.

Post by jthoma8318   » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:20 pm

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

saber964 wrote:I don't know if this one is in here but try this one on for size.

Nope we had ALL missed that one. Great one.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

On Basilisk Station

He's an arrogant, over-sexed, incompetent, bigoted snot," Webster replied so promptly his visitor's lips twitched involuntarily.

Another colorful description about Pavel Young. Suddenly, I rea;ize that throughout the entire series there is not one decent opinion given by anyone of Pavel Young. Not even from his father as I recall. In fact, his father was always jumping his shit as well as he called Young on his turning yellow and running out on Harrington. Did Young not have any friends? Does anyone remember a single good sentiment issued about Young? Even his brother didn't think much of him.

Edit:
I really miss Webster. Too much lost too soon.

Post by ZVar   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:54 pm

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

Kinda surprised to not see one of my favorite lines. It was in From the Highlands in the anthology Changer of Worlds

But there were no men in the lair to pose any danger to her [Helen Zilwicki]. Instead there was something infinitely more dangerous—a moral dilemma.

It just speaks to how good a person Helen really is. I know if I was 14 again and literately running for my life I'd be hard pressed to even have a moral dilemma. I'd be too worried about myself probably to even notice....

Return to Honorverse