Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

Shannon Foraker

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Shannon Foraker
Post by Rupert Dandridge   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Rupert Dandridge
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I have always liked Foraker and hoped she could escape Bolthole and assume command of a fleet, but I also felt some trepidition at the thought that Honor would kill Foraker in a fleet action and that would be a poor way to thank Foraker for saving Nimitz's life in In Enemy Hands.

Now that they will be allies in the Sollie/Mesa wars, I am looking forward to Honor and Nimitz meeting her.
Re: Shannon Foraker
Post by Esox   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Esox
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I'm looking forward to that, also. Have been since "oops". I'm wondering if Scotty Tremaine will ask her out on a date first, or if she beats him to it.
Post by filbert   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:49 pm

filbert
Lieutenant Commander

Esox wrote:I'm looking forward to that, also. Have been since "oops". I'm wondering if Scotty Tremaine will ask her out on a date first, or if she beats him to it.

Somehow I don't see Shannon as the type to ask a guy for a date.

More likely a date would just happen to her while she's busy doing/thinking about something else.

Which might actually be Tremaine's style, too. (With the special additive "Harkness Assist," that is.)

Hmm . . .
Post by Esox   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Esox

Hmmm...I hadn't thought about Harkness as matchmaker, but it does make sense.
Post by drothgery   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:30 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Esox wrote:Hmmm...I hadn't thought about Harkness as matchmaker, but it does make sense.
Of course, given how little we know about anyone other than Honor's personal lives, Shannon could be happily married with a few kids...
Post by quark   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:34 pm

quark
Lieutenant Commander

I wonder if she'll be adopted
Post by Esox   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Esox

I hope so.
Post by MaxxQ   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:55 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

quark wrote:I wonder if she'll be adopted

There was a snerk a couple years or so ago from RFC that "a certain tac witch" would be adopted/bonded - or something to that effect. IMO, it's not really a matter of "if" but "when".
Post by Direwolf18   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

Shannon getting her own Treecat makes a whole lot of sense, even if it is just the bodyguard style. Although it will be interesting to see how those relationships play out over the long term. A bonding process that occurs over time instead of the blink of an eye maybe?

I am REALLY looking forward to Sonja Hemphill and Shannon Foraker together. The dynamic should be entertaining, and Shannon and her people teaming up with Manticores best and brightest can only mean good things! Unless you are a sollie, and then it would kinda suck...a lot...
Post by seahorse1   » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 pm

seahorse1
Captain of the List

The sad thing about Shannon is that she is the Sonya Hemphill of the RoH. She's never going to be intentionally put into a combat situation again.

Return to Honorverse