Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 53 guests

Shannon Foraker

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Shannon Foraker
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:58 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

cthia wrote:Interesting thought. Should Haven's heavy hitters attempt the Crusher and fail it, would they lose their hyper license? :lol:

No doubt that Theisman, Shannon, Beuillefille, and McQueen could have passed it, but I'm not willing to give anyone else a free pass. I run a tight ship here. :D

Edit:
It would be nice if RFC, at some point, would give us a Haven version of Saggy Island. Shannon as a little minx growing up with her laptop, and Theisman getting drunk, Tourville discovering cigars, and Eloise...fighting off boys.

And Tourville as well passes, I presume? If not, why?
Of course, forgive me for overlooking Tourville, and both Caslet and Yu. Between Caslet and Yu, wasn't one of them actually Theisman's mentor?[/quote]
I think Yu may have been. Caslet would have been CO of Vaubon (some sort of cruiser), to Theisman's DD (if I remember right).
Post by tlb   » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:01 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Between Caslet and Yu, wasn't one of them actually Theisman's mentor?

We first meet Commander Theisman in HotQ, when he reports to Captain Yu. We first meet Commander Caslet in FiE, when Lieutenant Shannon Foraker reports to him. At that point Theisman is a Rear Admiral.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:
cthia wrote:Between Caslet and Yu, wasn't one of them actually Theisman's mentor?

We first meet Commander Theisman in HotQ, when he reports to Captain Yu. We first meet Commander Caslet in FiE, when Lieutenant Shannon Foraker reports to him. At that point Theisman is a Rear Admiral.

Thanks, I was definitely unsure about the specifics. But someone mentored the other between the three.

Oh, I know! Alfredu Yu mentored Caslet! And was sorry that he got Caslet into that mess. Is that accurate?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:54 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
tlb wrote:We first meet Commander Theisman in HotQ, when he reports to Captain Yu. We first meet Commander Caslet in FiE, when Lieutenant Shannon Foraker reports to him. At that point Theisman is a Rear Admiral.

Thanks, I was definitely unsure about the specifics. But someone mentored the other between the three.

Oh, I know! Alfredu Yu mentored Caslet! And was sorry that he got Caslet into that mess. Is that accurate?
Nope.
There's not even any evidence they'd so much as met until after Caslet escaped Hades with Honor.

Now in HAE Warner Caslet is aware of Yu, and that he'd asked for asylum and now served as an Admiral in the GSN; but Caslet's thoughts are just "some PN personnel had—like Alfredo Yu" which doesn't sound like he knew Yu well; much less that he'd been mentored by Yu.

And in EOH Caslet says he'd "heard a lot about Captain Yu from Admiral Parnell in the last few weeks" -- which again makes it sound like they didn't really know each other prior to Yu getting asylum on Grayson.

But it was Thomas Theisman and Javier Giscard who we're told Yu had trained and mentored.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:00 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
tlb wrote:We first meet Commander Theisman in HotQ, when he reports to Captain Yu. We first meet Commander Caslet in FiE, when Lieutenant Shannon Foraker reports to him. At that point Theisman is a Rear Admiral.

Jonathan_S wrote:Nope.
There's not even any evidence they'd so much as met until after Caslet escaped Hades with Honor.

Now in HAE Warner Caslet is aware of Yu, and that he'd asked for asylum and now served as an Admiral in the GSN; but Caslet's thoughts are just "some PN personnel had—like Alfredo Yu" which doesn't sound like he knew Yu well; much less that he'd been mentored by Yu.

And in EOH Caslet says he'd "heard a lot about Captain Yu from Admiral Parnell in the last few weeks" -- which again makes it sound like they didn't really know each other prior to Yu getting asylum on Grayson.

But it was Thomas Theisman and Javier Giscard who we're told Yu had trained and mentored.

So I was right originally.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by tlb   » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:35 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:So I was right originally.

Half right, since you thought it was either Yu or Caslet that mentored Theisman. It was Admiral Parnell that was sorry that he got Caslet into that mess.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:18 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:
cthia wrote:So I was right originally.

Half right, since you thought it was either Yu or Caslet that mentored Theisman. It was Admiral Parnell that was sorry that he got Caslet into that mess.

Scene bleed. I manifest that symptom a lot. Caused by a lack of rereading and refreshing ageing neurons that seem to still fire. But don't catch fire.

Post by cthia   » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:24 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Do you notice that there is no mention of a significant other in Shannon's life? Or Sonja's for that matter. Even Honor had a date in college, didn't she?

We all want to see Shannon get bonded, but it seems she isn't even "bonding" with a significant other. Could her social skills be a side effect from getting her heart broken by a previous lover?

If she prefers women, that's okay by me too. It could certainly develop into an interesting relationship with Sonja, an older woman, who may prefer women as well; and who can teach her a thing or two about "taking a load off."

Or could there be daddy issues? It would be sad if either of them were abused or neglected or had a bad life as kids. At any rate, who in their family did they inherit their strong will from? The mother, the father, the uncle, an aunt, some other relative, or an acquaintance of the family.

Was either an orphan? Is either of them a genie in the bottle? Do either of them have / had any siblings?

Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:35 am

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

cthia wrote:Do you notice that there is no mention of a significant other in Shannon's life? Or Sonja's for that matter. Even Honor had a date in college, didn't she?

We all want to see Shannon get bonded, but it seems she isn't even "bonding" with a significant other. Could her social skills be a side effect from getting her heart broken by a previous lover?

If she prefers women, that's okay by me too. It could certainly develop into an interesting relationship with Sonja, an older woman, who may prefer women as well; and who can teach her a thing or two about "taking a load off."

Or could there be daddy issues? It would be sad if either of them were abused or neglected or had a bad life as kids. At any rate, who in their family did they inherit their strong will from? The mother, the father, the uncle, an aunt, some other relative, or an acquaintance of the family.

Was either an orphan? Is either of them a genie in the bottle? Do either of them have / had any siblings?

I headcanoned that
- Shannon had a boyfriend who cheated on her, so she hacked him. Given her low political reliability because of many factors, she was too busy until post-PRH to find anyone, and didn't want to after getting her heart broken.

- Under the Republic of Haven, she's CO of Bolthole, and can't find anyone there because of Chain of Command issues. She's also too busy to bother.

- She never had great social skills, as she's been busy hacking things to stay alive (like her PN BuPers file to change some elements of her past to up her political reliability score).

- She and Sonja will end up together, after slowly becoming closer while working on tech. Publicly, they claim their date nights are Sonja or Shannon running a tech briefing for the other. Eventually, people figure things out, and in a repeat of everyone knowing about Honor/Paul, everyone knows about them, and lets those date nights happen.
Post by cthia   » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shannon_Foraker wrote:
cthia wrote:Do you notice that there is no mention of a significant other in Shannon's life? Or Sonja's for that matter. Even Honor had a date in college, didn't she?

I headcanoned that
- Shannon had a boyfriend who cheated on her, so she hacked him. Given her low political reliability because of many factors, she was too busy until post-PRH to find anyone, and didn't want to after getting her heart broken.

- Under the Republic of Haven, she's CO of Bolthole, and can't find anyone there because of Chain of Command issues. She's also too busy to bother.

- She never had great social skills, as she's been busy hacking things to stay alive (like her PN BuPers file to change some elements of her past to up her political reliability score).

- She and Sonja will end up together, after slowly becoming closer while working on tech. Publicly, they claim their date nights are Sonja or Shannon running a tech briefing for the other. Eventually, people figure things out, and in a repeat of everyone knowing about Honor/Paul, everyone knows about them, and lets those date nights happen.

Would chain of command even enter into it between Shannon and Sonja? Are they in the same chain of command?

If either of them had a significant other, would they be allowed at Bolthole? Like woe, their problems could stem from plain old sexual frustration.

According to wiki, Sonja's grandfather Robert Henphill was Third Space Lord. I wonder if he raised her.

Return to Honorverse