Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

Shannon Foraker

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Shannon Foraker
Post by KNick   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:37 pm

KNick
Admiral

rdt wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:There was a snerk a couple years or so ago from RFC that "a certain tac witch" would be adopted/bonded - or something to that effect. IMO, it's not really a matter of "if" but "when".

rfc snerks (unlike his infodumps) are meant to mislead, confuse and deflect the normal thought process into misleading and confusing paths.

When will they ever learn.

We never learn because it is so much fun to prognosticate, WAG, and otherwise try to out-think the others on this forum. Plus, during some of these sessions, we learn new things about our favorite characters, author and fellow addicts.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Esox   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Esox
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Shannon & Herlander are too much alike. It would never last. Plus, he is too hurt and angry. As for Scotty being in the Talbot Quadrant, I don't expect Shannon to remain at Bolthole. Once Adm. Hemphill arrives at Bolthole she can take over and let Shannon get back to doing what she wants, and that is defeating her nation's enemies. Yes, she has done an outstanding job in development, because someone had to, but it isn't a natural fit. Remember how unhappy she was to give up Sovereign of Space. These are my WAGs. Subject to change without notice or justification.
Post by kzt   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:51 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

rdt wrote:It has already been decided that Shannon F. and Herlander S. are (is?) a match made in lab heaven. So stop the Tremaine foolishness folks.

Both are equally likely to command a fleet in battle...
Post by Spacekiwi   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

I say Allison eventually meets up with sharon...... =D
Oh the fun they will have as Ally 'modernises' her..... =D :P
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Aleyoops   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Aleyoops
Commander

Esox wrote:Shannon & Herlander are too much alike. It would never last. Plus, he is too hurt and angry. As for Scotty being in the Talbot Quadrant, I don't expect Shannon to remain at Bolthole. Once Adm. Hemphill arrives at Bolthole she can take over and let Shannon get back to doing what she wants, and that is defeating her nation's enemies. Yes, she has done an outstanding job in development, because someone had to, but it isn't a natural fit. Remember how unhappy she was to give up Sovereign of Space. These are my WAGs. Subject to change without notice or justification.

I would not be so sure about that. Yes Shannon hated giving up Sovereign of Space, but it could very well be that she has found she is in a position that she really loves. Also just because Hemphill shows up is no reason for her to be released from Bolthole. Remember that these two have been pushing technology to fight each others Star Nations. I can see how that could help them significantly in future weapons/doctrine development.
Post by Northstar   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:18 pm

Northstar
Rear Admiral

Aleyoops wrote:
Esox wrote:Shannon & Herlander are too much alike. It would never last. Plus, he is too hurt and angry. As for Scotty being in the Talbot Quadrant, I don't expect Shannon to remain at Bolthole. Once Adm. Hemphill arrives at Bolthole she can take over and let Shannon get back to doing what she wants, and that is defeating her nation's enemies. Yes, she has done an outstanding job in development, because someone had to, but it isn't a natural fit. Remember how unhappy she was to give up Sovereign of Space. These are my WAGs. Subject to change without notice or justification.

I would not be so sure about that. Yes Shannon hated giving up Sovereign of Space, but it could very well be that she has found she is in a position that she really loves. Also just because Hemphill shows up is no reason for her to be released from Bolthole. Remember that these two have been pushing technology to fight each others Star Nations. I can see how that could help them significantly in future weapons/doctrine development.

I suspect brainwave sessions with both Shannon and Sonja would be a sight to behold. :-) They are each other's soul sister, the other person who can understand their personal geek gal code talk without a translator. :-) laughing :-)

Seriously, those two working together... talk about pushing the bleeding edge of discovery and inovation...
Post by solbergb   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:19 pm

solbergb
Admiral

Also they both get to ask what the other was thinking when they introduced thus and such a thing...

or even more fun, get to say what each THOUGHT the other was doing based on evidence, and then get the straight dope on what was REALLY going on.

I have those kinds of conversations with vendor techreps all the time (as I build mental models of their product through use, and they try to build mental models of how we're using it...). They're pretty fun as long as you're making progress to the goal.
Post by Aleyoops   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Aleyoops
Commander

Have to agree that sessions between Shannon and Sonja would be something to really enjoy. The interaction between these two bouncing ideas around and figuring out how each other thinks. And then the results of that corroboration. I think we are going to see the next major revolution of technology as a result.
Post by Northstar   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Northstar
Rear Admiral

solbergb wrote:Also they both get to ask what the other was thinking when they introduced thus and such a thing...

or even more fun, get to say what each THOUGHT the other was doing based on evidence, and then get the straight dope on what was REALLY going on.

I have those kinds of conversations with vendor techreps all the time (as I build mental models of their product through use, and they try to build mental models of how we're using it...). They're pretty fun as long as you're making progress to the goal.

After the cold war 'ended' Russians and Americans who had participated in the Cuban Missile Crisis compared notes and thoughts and apparently scared the pants off each other when they realized how badly each side had been reading the other. I remind myself of this whenever I get too certain I've figured somebody else out. Probably have not in some crucial aspect. :roll:

But back to the characters I think Shannon and Sonja together would be more than the simple sum of their brainpower. They'd feed each other and bootstrap up to who knows what level.

edited by the typo queen to fix a typo :-)
Post by kenl511   » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 pm

kenl511
Captain (Junior Grade)

Spacekiwi wrote:I say Allison eventually meets up with sharon...... =D
Oh the fun they will have as Ally 'modernises' her..... =D :P

How would a fictional character modernise the author's better half?

Return to Honorverse