Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 34 guests

Will the Star Empire of Manticore eventually annex Mesa?"

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.

Will the Star Empire of Manticore annex Mesa?

Yes
14%
No
84%
Maybe
3%

Total votes : 37

Will the Star Empire of Manticore eventually annex Mesa?"
Post by Jay6722   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Jay6722
Commander

People I want to know who thinks the Star Empire will eventually annex Mesa? I think that they will.
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Re: Will the Star Empire of Manticore eventually annex Mesa?
Post by Chyort   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Chyort
Lieutenant Commander

i can see Torch eventually getting the Felix(?) junction and all the ends of the terminus just like Manticore has with their junction.
And possibly snagging mesa while they clean house.

But no, i don't think Manticore will take mesa.
Post by SWM   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:19 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

I think that's looking way too far into the future. I'm more worried about Manticore defeating the Mesan Alignment.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Bergie   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Bergie
Lieutenant Commander

Mesa is too far away from the SEM to be worth it. It might be more worth it for BEOWULF to take control of it, be it via a puppet government or whatnot, as they are closer to Mesa by way of the Visigoth terminus, but that requires Beowulf takes control of Visigoth too.

I don't see Torch 'getting' Mesa either. Most likely they'll end the war either Destroyed (by EE violation) or under new management (likely Beowulf).
Post by rdt   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:42 pm

rdt
Commodore

No. They'll (Honor & Co.) show up, find the MA gone (DW said so, this is not me guessing), the Mesan gov't. says "who." They'll wipe out the slavers and the rotten multi-system corporations and then send the rescued slaves to Torch. Or wherever they want to go. Then the hunt will be on for the Detweilers and more books will be written.
Post by drothgery   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:28 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Bergie wrote:Mesa is too far away from the SEM to be worth it. It might be more worth it for BEOWULF to take control of it, be it via a puppet government or whatnot, as they are closer to Mesa by way of the Visigoth terminus, but that requires Beowulf takes control of Visigoth too.

There's no significant difference between any place in the Honorverse's effective distance from Beowulf and their effective distance from Manticore, given the Sigma Draconis terminus of the Manticoran wormhole junction.

Having said that, it seems unlikely that Beowulf is going to end up part of the SEM (even if it would be the best move for both of them, IMO, if they both intend to oppose the Alignment), so it's quite possible the Beowulf Republic may end up in control of Mesa (and Visigoth), presuming the Grand Alliance wins (which is getting rather ahead of ourselves), at least as a 'protectorate' (ala Masada).

As for the Felix junction, there's really no one nearby who's friendly and has the ability to hold it unless the Grand Alliance morphs into the Empire of Man. So it will probably end up in Mannerheim's hands (and Mannerheim under new management), with the same proviso as above (the good guys win).
Post by Mitchell, Esq.   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Mitchell, Esq.
Commodore

Give it to the slaves.

Sure, they may have to kill off the freeborn Mesan population, but that's nothing a bit of cleanup can't deal with.
Post by SYED   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:31 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

Likly shatter their inferstructure and industry, give all slaves a choice to move to torch. WIth the league breaking down, big chance that there will be much fighting over the visgoth junction.

The mesa side might be possible to keep, all we know that the frontier office is the oinly big problem in that part of space. they might get to administer it.
Post by Jay6722   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Jay6722
Commander

Well, so far it looks like everyone disagrees with me. You all have given good reasons why it wont happen and I thank you for that.
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Post by Daryl   » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I'm not sure that Manticore would have much interest in a radioactive asteroid belt which may well be Mesa's future.

Return to Honorverse