Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], zyffyr and 38 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Mon May 09, 2022 1:20 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

cthia wrote:Tourville's Memoirs

"Shannon, you have to remember the 'Citizen Commander' address. 'PC' is shorthand for politically correct and People's Commissioner. You have got to remember that with this new regime the two are synonomous and dangerous."

"PC is also shorthand for personal computer, and my PC is synonomous with 'blow' and 'up'.

:D
I need more of this!
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:42 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

AdmiralStarNight wrote:Heres one for you, adaptation on an old joke:

One reason the different star nations have trouble getting along is that they don’t speak the same language.

For example, if you told Solarian personnel to “secure a building,” they would turn off the lights, lock the doors,and stop listening to what ever is happening outside.

Havenite personnel would occupy the building so no one could enter or leave. They'd also redecorate the building

Manticorians would assault the building, capture it, and defend it with Honor Harrington and Treecats.

The Andermani, on the other hand, would take out a three-year lease with an option to help the people of the building with their problems.

Maybe split up the Haven section?

CoPS (Committee of Public Safety)/StateSec personnel would occupy the building with StateSec so no one could enter or leave. They'd also redecorate the building with StateSec flags, and begin blasting Citizen Ransom's propaganda.

The PN (if they have a skilled CO (someone like Tourville, Theisman, Giscard or McQueen), and no Citzen Ransom watching their every move for her propaganda)would occupy the building with naval forces so no one could enter or leave, then add some defenses (not RMN class, obviously, but better than nothing), and do some redecoration, and try not to have StateSec or the RMN take it from them.

Republic of Haven edition

Shannon's people at Bolthole would occupy the building with naval forces so no one could enter or leave, being Havenites, but they would also move in and set up their R&D facility (if it's hidden like Bolthole is). They would not redecorate the building with StateSec flags, and begin blasting Citizen Ransom's propaganda, because their CO and the rest of the RHN isn't a fan of that (they fought a war, and had Shannon be a hacker to get rid of StateSec). If they redecorate, don't expect anything fancy or neat. There may be missing wristcoms that look like Vice Admiral Foraker's wristcom, and maybe some new tech toys (imagine running into Moriarty for the first time while mousetrapped like Solon, but at Bolthole, if Bolthole was in a grav wave).
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:54 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

AdmiralStarNight wrote:New Scientific Theory~ preposed by Havenite Cheif Petty Officer ********(NAME NOT AVAILABLE, SECURITY CLEARANCE NEEDED.)

When a treecat is dropped, it ALWAYS lands on its
feet; and when toast is dropped, it ALWAYS lands with the buttered
side facing down. Therefore, I propose to strap buttered toast to the
back of a 'cat. When dropped, the two will hover, spinning inches above the
ground, probably into eternity. A "buttered-treecat array" could replace
pneumatic tires on cars and trucks, and "giant buttered-'cat arrays"
could easily allow a high-speed monorail linking Landing with Saganami Island.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Handy guide to modern warfare

If it's new, ever changing and realy inventive, it's Grayson/Manticorian.
If it just barely behind the the above, yet has more of them, it's Havenite.
If it doesn't work, or the com officer on board is a Commodore, it's the Solarian League.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Three Laws of The the People's Navy under the Committee.

1.You can't win.

2.You can't break even.

3.You can't quit the fight.

Handy guide to modern warfare Pt 2

If your ships get blown up by hacking, it's either RMN or RHN (or PN).

If it doesn't work, or if any staff officer is above the rank of Commodore (except on major fleets, like any fleet with Honor, which are exceptions if needed), it's the Solarian League's Battle Fleet.
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:51 am

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

pokermind wrote:Chief, "Followed Wiki link in thread on Hamish Alexander-Harrington's treecat name thread, and a link in that article to the German artist Jenny Dolfen's site listed below her cartoon, enjoy:"

http://www.goldseven.de/img/honor/pics_ ... scales.jpg

Mange, <View this and others at:>

http://www.goldseven.de/inhalt/galleries/honor/honor_001.html

<Hit galleries and Honor Harrington for others.>

"I just wish she had made our favorite 'Tech Witch' a red head.:"

]http://www.goldseven.de/img/honor/pics_honor_oops.jpg

<You can't have everything now can you, Chief?>
]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120116032533/honorverse/images/thumb/6/66/Spacecat_First_Mangy_Fur.jpg/56px-Spacecat_First_Mangy_Fur.jpg "Bleek, bleek, bleek,...bleek." http://www.messengerfreak.com/emoticons ... at_lol.gif

Poker & Mange

Shannon's blonde in canon. Trust me, I also thought she was a redhead, until I found that little mention somewhere that she's not.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:20 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Beth's Memoirs

"Forget about it Beth! I am not signing off on that! I have never disobeyed your wishes but this is a negative!"

"What is the big deal Hamish?!" Grinning mischievously.

"The big deal? I have to sleep beside her, and I would like to keep both of my family jewels, intact! I will not be party to a new class of ship being called the Salamander Class!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shannon_Foraker wrote:
Shannon's blonde in canon. Trust me, I also thought she was a redhead, until I found that little mention somewhere that she's not.

Maybe she is a mixture of both. Perhaps she is a dirty blonde. She certainly fights dirty. LOL

I once dated a blonde who became a redhead in the summer time. I thought it was the sun, but no, the carpet on her nether region was segregated half and half. One side was very blonde. The other side was red. It was kind of weird.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:18 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz' Memoirs

"What is wrong Nimitz? It is just smart cloth. Move so I can see you."

<I think I can speak for We the People. We, could have used this stuff when we were sneaking up on celery. Any one of us could have become a scout.>

Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The SL 2.0

And we shall christen this new SD design, The Unfathomables.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

On Grayson

"A tribarrel tethering???"

"On Old Earth I think they call it a shotgun wedding."

Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:28 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Meanwhile on Torch!

"We've got to do something!"

"I agree, but we can't forbid them from falling in love or having sex."

"If we don't do something this planet will burn to the ground! The sex between two sex slaves is totally fucking hot! Let alone two C-line sex slaves!! The planet is going up in flames!!!"

"Well, this is Torch."

Return to Honorverse