Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by pokermind   » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

pokermind wrote:Mind Pun Treecat signing a commercial on the Wid-Screen:

<Introducing the new Sign Language to English Translator see a small light silver dangle:>

<To turn on simply pull down the speaker and adjust for volume:>

<Then just sign naturally:>

<Then the silver dangle makes two-leg mouth noises>

<No more frustration with stupid two-legs who can't read signs!>

Chief Poker Mind, "What do you think, Mange?"

Spacecat First Mangy Fur, <Our creator Runs-for-Celery should watch this commercial. I'll order one, I earned enough at poker to supply the whole clan. Stupid two-leg Snotties try to play poker with a treecat and don't have a poker-mind like you, Chief Poker Mind!>

"Bleek! ... Bleek!" Image

Well I think I should give the source for the illustrations above http://petitinvention.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/sign-language-interpreter/ none are my own.

What did the Sollie robot freighter signal to the Manticorian Q-Ship Captain?

"I surrender, Dear."*

*A reference to the original Star Trek TV Series where the computer had been programed by women "who thought it needed a personality, female of course," Mr. Spock. And an old WW2 movie IIRCStalag 17 with a joke song "I surrender, Dear."

Am I the last joker in the whole Honorverse. No other wise crackers? What happened to Admiral Warrf a funny-bone-ectomy?
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by waddles for desert   » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:48 pm

waddles for desert
Admiral

Well, it does occur to me that the female treecats might to choose to wear their "translator" on a belt rather than a collar - specially if it has "optional" settings like a really thumping bass.

Worked all night and sipping brandy, so you probably don't want to go there. I may be channeling the Fly. Something is buzzing. Maybe it is someone.
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Does anyone think that this is the sort of thing that a Treecat would do to a poor, unsuspecting two-legger...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by pokermind   » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:42 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

John Prigent wrote:Indeed yes, good sir, I have the honour to be a Brit. That's why I spell "honour" without leaving out the "u".

And yes, I did have tongue in cheek when mentioning US Public Schools.

Cheers

John

waddles for desert wrote:
John Prigent wrote:Hmm. When I was at a minor Public School the spelling was toga praetexta. Maybe US Public Schools use different Latin spellings?

Cheers

John

PokerMind,

This was posted in the wrong spot, but you have a new front runner for your joke contest.

US Public Schools - not just spellin', but Latin spellin'? Funniest damn thing I've read in ages!

I think that would be hick, heck and hock.

(And you may have found a Brit.)

Non crede quemquam super trigentium. IE Don't trust any one over thirty. That and Omnia Gaulia devisit in partes treas. IE All of Gaul is devided into three parts. and finally my favorite on a test, Mortibiums salve te. The famous gladiator speach,"We who are about to die salute you. Nigh on to forty years, dyslexia where I can't remember strings of letter or numbers, and two strokes later and you want me to remember spelling?

Now you ask me how to spell something English, Latin, or Russian and I will, but taint necessarily the way Noah Webster, Julius Caesar, or Joseph Stalin would but then they were a Damn Yankee, a Roman Dictator, and a Soviet Dictator anyway.

Tie chin y'all that be Chinese for good bye y'all, CPO Poker Mind.

PS. My favorite Brit Whit was Monty Python's Life of Brian where the Roman centurion corrects the Jew's grammar, and makes him write Roman's Go Home a hundred times before sunrise or he'll cut his balls off. It's priceless language teachers out there, especially you Latin teachers.

Post by pokermind   » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:32 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Mind Pun: News announcer on the Royal Manticorian Network vid-screen.

There was a disaster on Sphinx when treecat scientist Bushy Tail tried out the new Midas 410 bomb. A whole forest was turned into celery and almost the whole treecat species died from fecal impaction. Science wonders if there are enough treecats on Grayson to continue the species.

In the lighter side of the news Queen Berry challenged our Queen Elizabeth III to a buck-buck match looser buys a cherry sundae for the winner.

Post by pokermind   » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:57 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

A new form,a paradox, or a Mind-Bender if you will:

Setting Treecat bar:

One end of bar two males; first male <I don't understand females.>

Second male <Ditto.>

Other end of the bar two females; first female <I don't understand males.>

Second female <Ditto.>

Treecat couple in the middle of the bar: female <I don't understand you.>

Male, <Well I don't understand you either!>

Treecat barkeep <You'd think since we can read minds we could all understand each other!>

All treecat patrons to the poor barkeep <SHUT UP FOOL!>

Post by waddles for desert   » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:14 pm

waddles for desert
Admiral

Pokermind -

Do not excessively anthropomorphize.

Given the extent to which the two human species are screwed up, is there much chance any other species could come close?
Post by pokermind   » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:20 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

What's the Treecat Name for Honor's mother?

Alley Cat

Well she is from Beowulf where the people are considered as promiscuous as alley cats.

Can you do better, PROVE IT!

CPO Poker Mind and Spacecat First Mangy Fur Image

Post by pokermind   » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:45 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

pokermind wrote:What's the Treecat Name for Honor's mother?

Alley Cat

Well she is from Beowulf where the people are considered as promiscuous as alley cats.

Can you do better, PROVE IT!

CPO Poker Mind and Spacecat First Mangy Fur Image

In answer to a PM from young Charles83 telling me Allison already had a treecat name in ART I wrote the following humorous answer:

PM pokermind to charles83 wrote:Chuckles, true but:

1) her two-leg name is Allison nicknamed Ally.

2) She is from Beowulf and Beowolfers have a reputation of sexual 'free-ness.'

3) A two-leg expression for sexual 'free-ness' is 'alley cat.'

4) Laughs Brightly knows this, has a wicked sense of humor. IE As Honor says he's a 'Stinker.'

5) Treecat names change over time.

6) It was just a joke, Chuckles. A Nick Name from the English pun off the common nickname 'Chuck' for the name Charles (Carlos,) and the sound of light laughter the verb to chuckle. :-)

7) You got the spunk (Old English term for semen or ejaculate. Later used for boys with grit IE That kid's got spunk, or there is a spunky kid. I spent a lot of time with people born in the 1800s so I tend to use archaic English you might not know.) OOPs where was I, oh, Do you got the spunk for the fifty (50) women on that wilderness planet, as I asked in the topic on polygamy?
Carlos,probably:Image and later [emotocon not PG13 redacted]

PS I about gave one of my stepsons a spanking for calling me 'dude' an archaic term for an easterner who couldn't ride a horse, thought you milked a cow by pumping her tail like a pump, and etc.; until his mother explained that kids use that to people all the time, he was born in 1980. :-(

Warning Will Robinson pulling a old farts chain often leads to retaliation. This is a reference to the old TV show Lost in Space humorous Sci Fi and a contemporary of the Original Star Trek. So when you twist this old lion's tail remember he as a tooth or two left. :-)

Ye Olde Dinosaur Image AKA Chief Poker Mind Image

Thought this for my humor or lack thereof for the day. PS did all you Honorvese fans get a funny bone ectomy you tell some jokes, come on Werrf did you run dry?

Post by pokermind   » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:31 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

SPOILER JOKE:

What does a Soli Admiral say to Admiral of the Fleet Honor Alexander Harrington and the Grand Alliance Fleet?

"I surrender, dear"

What's his biggest problem?

Convincing the Nanites in the Tac Officer to go along...

"OH SHIT!!!!!"

CPO Poker Mind

PS Is there Humorous Life in the Honorverse?

PSS Chief Poker Mind's lesson on making Honorverse Jokes for the New Bees:

pokermind wrote:Listen up snotty jokers of the Honorverse the old Chief is going to give some lessons:

The first is a paraphrase of an old Rastus and Liza jokes the raciest and sexist jokes of my youth and in their original form the Duckk would be on me like a duck on a June-bug.

Twelve-year-old Raul Alexander-Harrington is talked into looking over the wall of a nearby nudest colony by his young chum. While peering over the wall standing on his chum's shoulders a knockout curvacious blond hoves into view.

Young Raul jumps off his friend's shoulders running and screaming. His friend tackles him and asks, "Raul why are you running so hard and screaming?"

"My mothers told me if I looked over that wall I would turn to stone, and something is getting hard already!"

A staple of sick humor even worse than light-bulb jokes were the Dead Baby Jokes, here is a paraphrase set in the Honorverse:

How does a dead Havenite Dolest cross the road?

Stapled to a chicken.

Then there were the Elephant jokes, to paraphrase:

How does the Hexapuma hide in small trees on Sphinx?

He climbs to the top, paints his claws red, and prey thinks its a cherry tree.

See Snotties almost any joke you know can be adapted to the Honorverse.

How about a take off of the terrible School Teacher in Space Jokes after the Challanger Desaster?

What was the treecat spacer's last thought before the Manticorian Supper Dreadnought blew up?

<I wonder what this button does?>

Spacecat First Mangy Fur, "Bleek-bleek-bleek ..." Image

Return to Honorverse