Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 32 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:53 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Now I can get back to my book. Company gone.

Anyway, my sister was complaining about the cost of a book of stamps nowadays. My niece turned to me and says ...

"What do you suppose postage cost in the HV?"

" :o Yep, correspondence from Manticore to the SL has to cost an arm and a leg."

"It cost a lot of arms and a lot of legs because they didn't reply."

" :lol: :lol: "

"The Mandarins ended up kissing Honor's ass. It would have been a lot cheaper simply to lick a frickin' stamp."

" :lol: :lol: "

Last edited by cthia on Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:56 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hamish broke a flywheel on Beth's Yacht

The MA is seriously rethinking the Streak Drive after it found out it is no faster than a Manticoran ship with ALL of its safety interlocks removed.

Hamish blew past two Streak Boats on the way to Sol to intercept Honor. Honor would have blown up everything that moved. And everything that wasn't moving, so it wouldn't move.

Report: The smallest possible skeleton crew aboard an SD

1. Honor on Bridge AND Tactical
2. Someone in Engineering to feed the Manty reactor
3. A cook to feed the Sphinxian reactor

Three.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Loaded for Gorilla

Honor rolled pods from Manticore to Sol.

Post by cthia   » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:38 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Déjà Vu

A very horny prisoner sent correspondence to each of the Mandarins that contained, among other things, a thinly veiled threat. Should they respond this time?

What is the moral of this story?

The Mandarins consistently taunted a vicious beast on a leash. Then the beast was bitten by a malignant animal, broke free, and followed the scent to Sol.

Timestamp

From voice recordings on the bridge, the incoherent mutterings of the Salamander when she attacked Sol has now been deciphered ...

"This enemy needs an enema."

Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:50 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Declassified

Why do Apollo launches use broods of 8 missiles?

Because 8-bits will take a byte out of crime.

Post by cthia   » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

A Treecat's enemy

A loud crash was heard in the Palace.

"What on Earth is the meaning of this Monroe?!"

<You said I can start stuffing and mounting my grudges on the wall>

"That is a hexapuma!"

<Yes, Beth. I finally found that B-O-S>

"Don't you mean SOB?"

<No. She is the bitch of sons>

The Mandarin's pardon

Beowulf offered the Mandarins a pardon. When they arrived on Beowulf, they asked ...

"Is it true we will get a pardon?"

"Yes! Pardon the pun. Now you will spend time in OUR jail."

The WOPR

Terrorists hacked into the WOPR to analyze a fight with Saburo X.

"The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of spades, or tiddlywinks?"

When you are part of the Alignment you are married for life. But before the marriage there comes the Engagement.

"Why do they call the Ballroom assassins strikers?"

"I heard it comes from an old Terran game called bowling. When you get 'em all, it's called a strike."

"And if you miss one?"

"Then you pick up the spare."

The Alignment taunts Honor in mid battle

"Harrington, you are a lost Alpha line!"

"No, I've got religion now. I was lost, but now I'm found."

The Ballroom attempts to take new warmongers on a night out dancing to celebrate their membership

"No! We mean actually dancing."

"No no no people we mean cuttin' a rug not cuttin' a throat."

"Listen, I'm talking about a real dance. Like a waltz."

"No no no. Not Saburo X waltzing in and killing everybody!"

"We're talking about a real dance. Like a tango."

"No no no no no people, I don't mean tangling with Jeremy."

"We don't understand. What do you mean?"

"We are talking about a real Latin dance like a Cha-cha. It is based on a rhythmic pattern and a quick three-step."

"See? That's just like Jeremy!"

"Oh for crying out loud. Let's stick to a Rumba. What? Oh for chrissake, let's just go home."

"For Chrissake? Wait, are we Christians? Because I'm here to tell you, I've done some things. I can't afford to have holy water doused all over me!"

Post by cthia   » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:10 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

A joke bending the galaxy's grapevine

"What's wrong honey? You look flustered?"

"After Paul's death, mom, I'm really heating up 'down south.'"

"I know honey, it isn't like you were seeing a lot of action before Paul. When you do get back in the saddle make sure you get someone who can wrestle with a Salamander."

" :idea: " " :idea: "

"White Haven!" "White Haven!"

"The Treecats named him 'Strong Heart'!"

Last edited by cthia on Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cthia   » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:19 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The Emperor's New Clothes

A charlatan sold the Emperor new clothes made out of a new material found on Mesa. After the Emperor reached into his pocket to activate the small power cells, some kid screamed out ...

"The Emperor is naked as a jailbird!"

Why does every Emperor have to flash his "wears."

Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Treecat Entrepreneurs

Treecats have gone into business for themselves. They are selling sneakers made out of a certain leather. They call them Pumas.

Post by cthia   » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:34 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Harrington's Memoirs

"Honey, why did you divulge your secret while you were in Andermani Space?"

"Hamish, I have had to do a lot of things for Queen and Country. Diplomacy sometimes had to endure a playful nibble on the ear, a pointed caress of an arm or hand, and the occasional kiss on the neck. All in the name of diplomacy. While in Andermani Space, I refused to risk another officer having to one day discover that he had been sucking on the barrel of a gun."

" :o "

Return to Honorverse