Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:08 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Meanwhile on Torch!

"We've got to do something!"

"I agree, but we can't forbid them from falling in love or having sex."

"If we don't do something this planet will burn to the ground! The sex between two sex slaves is totally fucking hot! Let alone two C-line sex slaves!! The planet is going up in flames!!!"

"Well, this is Torch."

"How can you be so calm about this?!"

"We only see smoke on my side of the planet, no fire."

"Where there's smoke there's fire!"

" :o "

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:46 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
cthia wrote:Meanwhile on Torch!

"We've got to do something!"

"I agree, but we can't forbid them from falling in love or having sex."

"If we don't do something this planet will burn to the ground! The sex between two sex slaves is totally fucking hot! Let alone two C-line sex slaves!! The planet is going up in flames!!!"

"Well, this is Torch."

"How can you be so calm about this?!"

"We only see smoke on my side of the planet, no fire."

"Where there's smoke there's fire!"

"We've got lava running down the mountain!"

"The mountain hasn't erupted."

"Something has erupted!"

" "OMG! The mé·nages à trois!" " :o :o

Last edited by cthia on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

googol counter —n.

A googol counter measures anger in angsts. It emits a corresponding high-pitch shrill. Like an angry banshee.

Alfred tells Alison about replacing Honor's arm

"You did what Alfred? You replaced Honor's arm with a hydraulic version?"

"It's a little more advanced than that Alley."

"You attached a high-tech digitally-controlled hydraulic arm to a nuclear reactor?", she says again more annoyed. "Don't you think you should have consulted with her mother first?"

"What's the big deal honey?"

"Alfred, remember that little gift Uncle Jacques designed for Honor when she was 13? The googol counter? It measures the level of anger in humans when you hold it. Even Meyerdahl B mods can't peg the meter. Exceeding the googol limit is rare Alfred. And Honor does it just standing near the damn thing! She utilized it to get the last word with us. You were always screaming at her at that dreadful age of 13 for Meyerdahl teens, 'Honor! Turn that damn thing off or step away from it!'"

"I know, honey, but I lived with the same anger."

"But you didn't have a bionic arm."

Last edited by cthia on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:17 am

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:"Basically you attached a high tech version of a digitally controlled hydraulic arm to a nuclear reactor?", she says again more annoyed. "Don't you think you should have consulted her mother first?"

He attached digitally-controlled digits.
Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
cthia wrote:"Basically you attached a high tech version of a digitally controlled hydraulic arm to a nuclear reactor?", she says again more annoyed. "Don't you think you should have consulted her mother first?"

He attached digitally-controlled digits.

Thanks for the reminder.

Remember the idiot down on Blackbird who somehow obtained Honor's ten digits and called her up on the phone? He then remotely accessed the functions of her hydraulic arm. It almost smashed his head in when the security system realized it was a virus. Honor forwarded the call at the very last moment.

Last edited by cthia on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:20 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Talking trash to Honor

"I got your number Harrington!"

"You better not dial it."

Post by cthia   » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:06 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Out of the mouth of babes
A 5-yr-old's book report in class

"Mrs. Bright, did you know that Treecats have opposable thumbs like humans?"

"I did know that honey. And do you know what that enables them to do?"

"Yes mam! It enables them to thumb a ride on the shoulders of their two-legs!"

Post by cthia   » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:25 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Mutant Ninja Cat
The exploits of Raoul and Rafael

Needing a Treecat with special cat skills to travel to the Catskills on Earth, they select Rafael, the Treecat who studied with Master Splinter.

Upon meeting an angry Grizzly, Rafael begins to use sign language.

<I am the Michaelangelo of Kung Fu and I know the Vulcan mind-meld. I can detect your crease.>

The grizzly bear runs. All that darn signing made him think the hideous six-limbed beast was rabid.

Post by cthia   » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:40 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

MA Memoirs

"We cannot attack the MBS until we figure out the cycle!"

"The cycle of the resonance zone?"

"No you idiot! Harrington's cycle! You sure you're an Alpha? Every battle she was in she was on her cycle. Tourville was the only officer who bested her because she was off her cycle. But their rematch was right in the middle of a big one!"

"Why do we fear her so much. She is no better than we are!"

"Yes she is. She is an Alpha and a Beta. Meyerdahl-B."

T E L E G R A P H

After BOM. Beth is fascinated by the technology.

Where were you Honor STOP

I was on maneuvers STOP

Was that a typo STOP Did you mean you were on manures STOP Because it stinks STOP

The Gorilla has risen from the grave

"Holy LACs with CLACS!!!" :o

Guess who's coming to dinner

"You cannot bring a suitor from Hades to dinner! This is Grayson! I am a Key for Chrissakes!"

"Wow! Those treecats are chasing that Maine Cat all over the place!"

"Now you see why his name is Dicey."

Post by penny   » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:05 am

penny
Captain of the List

After Honor roasted Sonja at the WDB

Planet Side

"Hey Sonja, can I get a lift?"

"Sure Honor. Jump in."

'Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!'

"Slow down Sonja!!!" WTF! $#@&$$&#$!!!"

"Why Honor! I didn't know you had such a potty mouth! [downshift] Well, you gave me such a ride at the WDB [shift] that I thought I'd return the favor. [shift] Now hold on Miss WDB!!!!" [shift]

And that is how Sonja and Honor came to bury the hatchet. Apparently Sonja has her own form of death ride.

I often try to think about what hobby certain characters might have, given the oftentimes eclectic personality. I can never get over feeling that Sonja would be into old gasoline powered cars. Since she is one herself, the Dodge Hellcat might be her favorite.

Imagine what HV tech and materials can do for a 21st century gas powered automobile.

Last edited by penny on Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.

Return to Honorverse