Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Spoilers - Toll of Honor

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Spoilers - Toll of Honor
Post by tlb   » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 am

tlb
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:Anyway, I doubt that Anton had ever published that he was looking for information on either Elaine or Georgia; so I doubt that was why the SLN knew he was interested.

ThinksMarkedly wrote:That was my original thought, but the quote from CoS says Roszak knew he was after something.

Please, point that out since he was on a diplomatic mission and not a fishing expedition. The point I remember (and found) was that Roszak's people knew "We might be able to do it with the Komandorski tidbit, Sir, yes.". However that can be taken to mean that Roszak knew it leads to Georgia and just requires knowledge of the political situation in Manticore.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:09 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:Please, point that out since he was on a diplomatic mission and not a fishing expedition. The point I remember (and found) was that Roszak's people knew "We might be able to do it with the Komandorski tidbit, Sir, yes.". However that can be taken to mean that Roszak knew it leads to Georgia and just requires knowledge of the political situation in Manticore.

Sorry, poor phrasing. I didn't mean that Zilwicki had gone to Erewhon with the fishing expedition in mind. He was indeed in the diplomatic mission.

I meant that he had let it be known some time prior (possibly years) that he was after this information. So when Roszak needed to get Zilwicki out of the way, he used that tidbit.
Post by tlb   » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:58 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

ThinksMarkedly wrote:I meant that he had let it be known some time prior (possibly years) that he was after this information. So when Roszak needed to get Zilwicki out of the way, he used that tidbit.

tlb wrote:However that can be taken to mean that Roszak knew it leads to Georgia and just requires knowledge of the political situation in Manticore.

Sorry about being repetitive, but there is no evidence for Anton making such a statement. All that is necessary is that Roszak knows the political situation (and of course there is no evidence for that either).

So I think we should let this drop, unless Toll of Honor or a later book makes things clear.

Return to Honorverse