Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 179 guests

So what old earth movies do the graysons like and dislike?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
So what old earth movies do the graysons like and dislike?
Post by Puidwen   » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:29 am

Puidwen
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

All we really know is most of them were probably either samurai moves or westerns. and according to abigal hearns were a mixed bag in terms of quality. I'm thinking myself that some of the magnificent seven or seven samurai flims probably tickled their fancy.
Re: So what old earth movies do the graysons like and dislik
Post by penny   » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:44 am

penny
Captain of the List

Puidwen wrote:All we really know is most of them were probably either samurai moves or westerns. and according to abigal hearns were a mixed bag in terms of quality. I'm thinking myself that some of the magnificent seven or seven samurai flims probably tickled their fancy.

13 Assassins will be one of my suggestions. This director's (Elichi Kudo) movies has the right Samurai style for Grayson. If the crease is important.

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.
Re: So what old earth movies do the graysons like and dislik
Post by penny   » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:17 am

penny
Captain of the List

Another classic movie featuring an example of the crease would be Sanjuro vs Hanbei. If not the best example of the crease, it is certainly one of the best.

Incidentally, the fake blood bag used in this movie malfunctioned and sprayed blood all over the place. It looked so cool they decided to keep the scene and it (the spraying of blood) has been parroted in lots of movie scenes since. Like Kill Bill for one.

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.

Return to Honorverse