Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests

How advance are the Alpha lines?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: How advance are the Alpha lines?
Post by penny   » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:54 am

penny
Captain of the List

:idea:

One way for the Alpha lines to become more advanced is to break the secret of telepathy. That is why they were after Treecats. But since Raoul, Honor has shown there is a much easier way to obtain the abilities. Have a baby with Honor and the ability will be introduced into the Inner Onion, bypassing the need for a treecat, or celery or a cat's native root.

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.
Re: How advance are the Alpha lines?
Post by penny   » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:36 am

penny
Captain of the List

penny wrote::idea:

One way for the Alpha lines to become more advanced is to break the secret of telepathy. That is why they were after Treecats. But since Raoul, Honor has shown there is a much easier way to obtain the abilities. Have a baby with Honor and the ability will be introduced into the Inner Onion, bypassing the need for a treecat, or celery or a cat's native root.

In fact, Honor should be wary everytime she goes to a doctor. I wonder if Nimitz is allowed into an exam room with Honor.

Honor's eggs could end up being the most sought after commodity in the galaxy. Harvesting the Salamander's eggs could become a lucrative business.

I just read up on in vitro fertilization (IVF). A woman's fertility drops as she ages. Around 27 to 34 is considered to be the best years for harvest. Since prolong extends everything in the HV, then we should expect the golden years of harvesting a woman's eggs to be greatly extended as well.

It should be a lot easier to harvest Honor's eggs than it should be to kidnap a cat. If, of course, Honor goes to a doctor other than Alison. The entire logistics of trying to pass the ability upward into the Inner Onion is suddenly made easier. This mission should be perfect for nanites. I am none too sure an infrastructure set up to harvest Honor's eggs would be detected if nanites are used to achieve something that is totally innocuous, like signing or forging a medical form. As far as we know nanites have only been employed to kill, not to achieve something totally benign.

Of course, this all hinges on the MA finding out about Honor's ability.

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.

Return to Honorverse