Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 156 guests

Having a hard time finding On Basilisk Station in Polish

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Having a hard time finding On Basilisk Station in Polish
Post by Calaban9   » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:36 pm

Calaban9
Midshipman

I think my mother would really enjoy the series. iBooks have the books starting with book 2 . But No Basilsik Station. Would anyone have an idea why they might not have #1 ? Or where else I could get it digitally or in large print?

Thanks,
Peter
Re: Having a hard time finding On Basilisk Station in Polish
Post by tlb   » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:13 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Calaban9 wrote:I think my mother would really enjoy the series. iBooks have the books starting with book 2 . But No Basilsik Station. Would anyone have an idea why they might not have #1 ? Or where else I could get it digitally or in large print?

I see places where the paper version in Polish is out of stock, but I do not understand how the e-book version could ever be unavailable. Was an e-book version in Polish never created? I did not see it in the Polish section of Amazon.

PS: Welcome to the forum.
Re: Having a hard time finding On Basilisk Station in Polish
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:28 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:I see places where the paper version in Polish is out of stock, but I do not understand how the e-book version could ever be unavailable. Was an e-book version in Polish never created? I did not see it in the Polish section of Amazon.

Are they out of bytes in their monthly bandwidth? :)

It can happen if the right to publish has lapsed, often because there's a new edition and the seller didn't get the rights to the e-book version. You can see this in Amazon's US site for The Culture series by Iain M. Banks, where the two middle books, Excession and Inversions are only available in hardcopy formats (paperback and mass paperback). It's worse for Catherine Asaro's Skolian Empire Saga, with books 2, 4, 9, and 11 only available in hardcopy, and books 3, 5, 6, 7, and 10 missing altogether.

This is "Unacceptable Behaviour", why do they "Use Psychology" like that on us? This is "Arbitrary" and "Bad for Business". Makes readers like me "Cantakerous", wondering "What Is The Answer and Why?" Might make me give an "Inappropriate Response" and make you think I have a "Screw Loose", "But Who's Counting?"

(All are Culture ship names)

And since we're on Oct 31, "Boo!"

Return to Honorverse