Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 145 guests

Honorverse story published on Baen.com

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse story published on Baen.com
Post by penny   » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:17 am

penny
Captain of the List

If it isn't canon, it should be!

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.
Post by GregD   » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:22 pm

GregD
Commander

dvdscar wrote:
GregD wrote:So I take it this means it is Honorverse canon?

Good story, I enjoyed it.

With Eric Flint dead, will there be any more Jao stories? Or is that universe now done?

Well, "Requiem" had DW's stamp of approval when it was first published, so it was at least protocanon at that point. But since it's now been published by Baen, I think it is officially now canon for the Honorverse, yes.

As for the Jao-verse, I'm afraid that's officially a dead project now. Those books were all officially built on outlines by Eric. I'm sure I could write a good solo story for the series, but the writing voice would be so different from the collaborations that I'm afraid it wouldn't sell well.

On the other hand, Eric and I had worked up a collaborative outline some time ago for a totally new space opera novel, tentatively titled Hydra, that I'm currently working on, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

David

Not a surprise. Thank you for the response
Post by kzt   » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:00 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

This really good, not sure why it took so long for me to look at it.

Thanks.
Post by penny   » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:11 am

penny
Captain of the List

Remember the golden age of the comic book when a short story was included at the end of each comic?

It would be good if this story was included at the end of David's next book. As a bonus.

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.
Post by dvdscar   » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:49 am

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

penny wrote:Remember the golden age of the comic book when a short story was included at the end of each comic?

It would be good if this story was included at the end of David's next book. As a bonus.

Actually, IIRC, Baen did something kind of like that before, only not with Honorverse stories. Back around 2011 or so, Baen published a story titled "Kinderspiel") by Chuck Gannon on Baen.com. It was a 1632 story laid in Eric Flint's Ring of Fire universe. Then they turned right around and included it in the 1633 anthology that they published not long thereafter. So who knows what could happen?

:-)

David

Return to Honorverse