Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 139 guests

Battle for Honor - the game

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Battle for Honor - the game
Post by phillies   » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:35 pm

phillies
Admiral

Puidwen wrote:I've been playing around with it. How exactly does one get their fleet over the hyperlimit? I can move the fleet, but i can't get it over my own hyperlimit.

Approximately, from memory: Go to the star map, not the solar system map. Tag the destination star and the ship to be moved, use check boxes at the bottom of the page, and order 'execute'.
Post by BattleForHonor   » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:33 pm

BattleForHonor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Yeah, there are sometimes some unnecessary steps, but this release makes sending fleets a little bit easier by removing an unnecessary manual step ;)

And yes, you're right! The new release 0.1.12 is out now!

Gameplay

1. Pirates only raid planets from NPCs and players.
They are intended to make the environment dangerous, but not to deprive players of their initial opportunity to earn extra money.
2. New players start with a main planet that is very uninteresting for pirates. Until now, it was guided somewhere by the median of the ambient heat.
3. The defensive influence of ships on the neighborly relationship with pirates has become significantly weaker, the attractive influence of, for example, merchant ships stays the same.
This seems counterintuitive at first, but pirates have different aspects to the game and I want to balance them carefully.

Miscellaneous

1. The job overview now also shows shipyards without an active job.
2. Previously unread messages are now marked in the forum, not just forums and threads that contain unread messages.
3. You can now mark entire forums or entire threads as read at once.
4. Clearing the browser cache should(!) no longer be necessary.
However, all I can do is tell the browser "Please don't use cache" - what it does with it is beyond my control.
5. The site is now a little easier to use with a mobile device.
6. The journal has been marked for new, unread and relevant information.
7. The Advisory Board now guides you through the steps to the first shipyard in more detail.
8. You can make changes to the fleet in the new 'Manage Fleet' tab.
There it is also possible to name warships individually.
9. Fleet movements are preselected on the star map when possible.
10. You can now change the email address in your profile.
11. The duration of research is reduced to a newly activated building level.

4X Browsergame in the Honorverse?

ImageImage
Post by BattleForHonor   » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:47 pm

BattleForHonor

Prometheus has arrived...

Miscellaneous

1. There is a light mode! If the browser is set to light mode, that will also be used!
At this point, a shoutout to my wife, who intervened in a positive and effective way when it came to color selection.
Alternative options would have been https://media.battleforhonor.de/battle-for-pastell.png or https://media.battleforhonor.de/schwein ... -honor.png

So this is a short interval but I like the new theme a lot and I want to use it, so ... 8-)

ImageImage
Post by BattleForHonor   » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:18 am

BattleForHonor

The release 0.1.14 brings some noticeable and hopefully positive changes! And there is already interesting, new stuff planned for the next release ;)

Gameplay

The changes to points 3 to 6 are intended to increase the speed of the game, primarily in the early game.
The idea, of course, is that you get to do some action more quickly ;)

1. Active and inactive warships in the reserves and fleets
- Warships that are scrapped now receive 50% of the resources back. Of course the crew is not decimated.
- You can now send warships directly into the reserve using a button.
- You can only scrap or mothball ships on planets with shipyards. Mothballed ships are stored there until they can be reused.
- Ships in reserve no longer have an active crew that is located on the planet in whose orbit the ship was mothballed.
- Ships can be un-crew-ed in the Detachment tab. Once there is enough crew on the planet, you can activate it again straight away.
- Only active reserve ships can be assigned to missions.

2. Attacks on trade convoys now also happen when one of the major powers is in play. However, they protect their part of the convoy with sufficient capacity.

3. The hospital building has been removed. The population mining factor replaces the reproduction coefficient in the reproduction equation.

4. The building output for each level is calculated differently. A new level now brings more output than before.

5. The improvement per building level in relation to population is doubled. A new building level for living space, for example, takes the advantage from 4. and now brings 40% more like before only 20% improvement.

6. Jobs are no longer based on ticks, they are counted down with their construction points. So more than one job can be completed by a facility.

Miscellaneous

1. There are now individual icons for the different statuses of fleets and ships.

2. The menu has been designed a little more attractively, in particular the fleet selection now contains more directly visible information about the composition and status of the fleets.

3. The map background is dark again.

4. You can now write tutorial contributions in the wiki, which will then be displayed in the corresponding tutorials.

5. The currently running job is now preselected in the building construction so that you no longer have to look in the dashboard.

6. Building restrictions based on price or research are now also displayed directly. This should save some unnecessary clicking.

ImageImage
Post by BattleForHonor   » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:07 am

BattleForHonor

This release took a little longer.
Going forward, it will probably actually move to a monthly release cycle.
Releasing new versions every two weeks becomes quite time-consuming as the game becomes more complex.
However, I still invested more time in the Honorverse and, together with Nova, updated and improved the map.

There will be a new side project based on this map, but I don't want to reveal too much about it yet ;)

Gameplay

1. I mention the changes in population development from the “interim release” here for the sake of form:
The population development calculation only considers the population in a reproductive state.
The other changes made it important to level up the educational institutions much earlier in the gameplay. There is advice for this in the Advisory Board.

2. Operation Sunflower was successful, the major powers smoked out most of the pirate bases. But only the bases, not all pirates were caught.
Pirates no longer spawn for raids on uncolonized planets.
Originally the idea behind it was that the universe seemed a little more alive because you could occasionally encounter foreign fleets. The result, however, was that
In some systems there are two, three or four pirate fleets spawned and this is more irritating than it seems lively.
So the Kersey Association will give you all their attention ;)

3. New ships now land directly in the reserve and not in a new fleet. In the event of war, unnecessary losses and the enemy's gloating are avoided.

4. Reserve ships can now be transported directly between own planets in the transport menu. The whole thing happens in the same magical way as with resources.

Miscellaneous

1. The status of ships in the transfer display of the star map is shown “as usual” using color coding.

2. There is a (public) library of all ship components and buildings in the burger menu.
As usual, the bib is under development and it still needs to become clear what information is useful there.

3. You no longer have to reload the research page if a research is completed immediately.

4. You no longer have to reload the building page when a new building level is completed immediately.

5. You no longer have to reload the planetary shipyard when a new building level is immediately completed.

ImageImage
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:40 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

I also posted a thread in the reddit, BTW.
Post by BattleForHonor   » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:07 am

BattleForHonor

Shannon_Foraker wrote:I also posted a thread in the reddit, BTW.

Yeah, its really useful to have a thread for tips and tricks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/battleForHonor ... &context=3

I'm dealing with that game since nearly three years and have a tunnel vison :mrgreen:

ImageImage
Post by florancegrant   » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:15 am

florancegrant
Midshipman

BattleForHonor wrote:Due to the holiday season, a slightly later update and not quite as extensive.
But as always I hope that there is a little insight into the game :)

Gameplay

1. The new tutorial button can be found at the bottom right. This allows you to display some relevant information in context. There aren't any tutorials for everything yet, but there will be more to come over time.
2. You can no longer build the Songbird Flight I class.
3. The shipyard recalculates a job's construction progress when a new level is activated.
4. Ships can now be upgraded to new flights. For this purpose - as for repairs - jobs with high priority are created and the current construction job is interrupted. The repair and upgrade buttons can now be found in the planetary shipyard.
5. The UI elements for fleets are slightly redesigned and hopefully more useful.

Miscellaneous

1. The buttons for profile and logout are now small icons.
2. Planetary Constructions:
- The building list automatically selects the building if it is unique.
- The building list contains color coding, see tutorial.
3. Education: The military ranks have been nerfed and balanced towards each other.
4.Your own planets are now grouped in the menu according to the star system.
5. In 'Organize Expansion' all systems can now always be seen, no longer just those with colonizable planets.
6. The transport section is a little tidier and you no longer have to confirm manually; the entries are applied directly.
7. You can now search for systems and zoom on the star map.

Outlook

The next part is hopefully to complete the 'Convoy Raid' mission type, the 'Pirate raid' feels a bit lonly, I assume.

The last two updates are the best one updates.
Specially this, (you can now search for systems and zoom on the star map.)
Post by penny   » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:25 am

penny
Captain of the List

Sorry, I haven't had an opportunity to try this yet. But it seems to be promising. Does it work on any OS? Android, Windows, Mac? It appears that it would but I'd like to ask the horse.

You also made a typo? "... and use the box launchers to sature the missile defense. Should that be saturate? I recognize saturé (French) to mean saturate in English. But the instructions are English and English speakers may not recognize the word.

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.
Post by BattleForHonor   » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:01 am

BattleForHonor

penny wrote:Sorry, I haven't had an opportunity to try this yet. But it seems to be promising. Does it work on any OS? Android, Windows, Mac? It appears that it would but I'd like to ask the horse.

You also made a typo? "... and use the box launchers to sature the missile defense. Should that be saturate? I recognize saturé (French) to mean saturate in English. But the instructions are English and English speakers may not recognize the word.

Hey,

Yeah, its a browser game and didn't depend on the operating system.

There was a really huge relase on saturday but I havn't translated it into english, this will follow up later (I hope).

Thanks for the hint, I'm not a native speaker (I guess its nothing new) and I didn't noticed that.
Where have your read this?
I will correct it and thanks ;)
Last edited by BattleForHonor on Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

Return to Honorverse