Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests

How to avoid "they haven't fought a real war in centuries"?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: How to avoid "they haven't fought a real war in centurie
Post by Fox2!   » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:25 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Theemile wrote:
What was that quote? - " No Inspection ready unit was prepared for combat, and no combat hardened unit would pass inspection."

Sounds like something The Senior would say.
Post by Fireflair   » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:00 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

Yes, all of these posts are exactly the sort of thoughts that went through my mind in my last few years.

It's fairly sad how administrative the Navy has become.

I'm all for doing things right, safely and when not in a rush taking care of paperwork too. But when paperwork interferes with your job and daily tasks, then there's a problem. When it gets in the way of more serious matters, like killing the other guy or keeping yourselves alive, it's unacceptable.

We're really fortunate that China has not turned their attention to building a competent and effective Navy.
Post by kzt   » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:37 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Did you see reports on the recent set of
wargames by CSIS on a Chinese invasion of Taiwan?
In the base scenario the US loses two entire CBGs and accomplishes very little because all the fighters are too short ranged forcing the carriers into the PLA missile envelope. Leaving it to USAF to save the day. Worst case the US loses about 500 fighters. Mostly blown up on the ground because we have built no hardened aircraft shelters at most of our bases. Maybe once the JCS figure out the pronouns for HAS we can build them?

Return to Honorverse