Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Where does it say

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Where does it say
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:49 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Please help me refresh my memory.
Where does the wormhole in the Torch system go to?

I just re-reading the entire Honor series and could not find that point.
I recall Harvest Joy explored and got destroyed before they could get defenses up... I concluded it is in one of the side line issued story books. At the moment I can not find it on my new kindle but,(and I am having customer dissatisfaction with Amazon anyway) I also have several hard bound of the Honor Harrington main line and the From the Shadows story and as we all know, hard bound books are not subject to quick search

Thanks in advance
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Re: Where does it say
Post by kzt   » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:49 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

It was before storm from the shadows. It wasn’t that they didn’t have time to get defenses up, it was impossible for them to bring them up as they were in a grav wave.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:15 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:It was before storm from the shadows. It wasn’t that they didn’t have time to get defenses up, it was impossible for them to bring them up as they were in a grav wave.

The destruction of Harvest Joy, when transiting the Torch wormhole, was in chapter 27 of Torch of Freedom.

But the wormhole itself goes from Torch to system without even a name, just the catalog number SGC-902-36-G. That system holds "the "SGC-902-36-G Wormhole Anomaly" (also known as "The Twins")" [ToF].

The anomaly is that held "a pair of wormhole termini, less than two light-minutes from one another and less than ten light-minutes from SGC-902-36-G itself. In fact, they were precisely 9.24 light-minutes from the star, which put them exactly on its hyper limit, and made them the only wormhole termini in the explored galaxy which were less than thirty light-minutes from a star" [ToF]

The other terminus in The Twins connected directly to the Felix wormhole junction (near Mannerheim). (And that junction also connected has a terminus associated with the Mesan Alignment's hidden system of Darius.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:37 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Thanks for the memory jog and wow that it was a story developed with Eric Flint <R.I.P.>
My copy is hard bound but now I know where it is so Thank You
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to Honorverse