Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 150 guests

MAYA NAVAL VESSELS

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
MAYA NAVAL VESSELS
Post by Varangian   » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:46 am

Varangian
Ensign

Reading about the warships built at Erewhon by Carlocci Industries for Maya.

Are there any details? I read that they laid down or built SD(P).

Warrior class DD, Marksman class CL and Defiant class BC (are these BC(P)?).
Re: MAYA NAVAL VESSELS
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:26 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Varangian wrote:Reading about the warships built at Erewhon by Carlocci Industries for Maya.

Are there any details? I read that they laid down or built SD(P).

Warrior class DD, Marksman class CL and Defiant class BC (are these BC(P)?).

Very few details that I can recall seeing; and basically all of them for the DD and CL from Torch of Freedom (ToF); while all the BC(P) info is from Shadow of Victory (SoV).

ToF says the Warriors were 20,000 tons more than the SLN Rampart-class, and almost 10% larger than the SLN's largest destroyers, the War Harvest-class. But that the Warriors mount 25% fewer broadside tubes and 40% fewer energy weapons (though all of those are grasers) than the Ramparts. Plus deeper magazines and an improved compensator (30% accel advantage over a War Harvest)

And is says the Marksman CL was basically a scaled down Star Knight CA equipped with ERMs. 28% quicker than a War Harvest DD. Broadside of 6 (ERM) tubes, 5 grasers, 12 CMs, 8 PDLCs. (Built for but not with 8 (ERM) tubes; with the central pair left out to cram in extra temporary fire contol)

SoV says the Defiant-class (including the new Sharpshooter --named after the Marksman-class of that name lost in the Battle of Torch) are podlayers.

Can't find any details on their wallers except that they're at least 10 T-months behind the BC(P)s. OTOH if Erewhon is building pod laying BCs then their new SD design is almost assuredly also a podlayer.

Return to Honorverse