Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 34 guests

I have found Cordelia Ransom

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
I have found Cordelia Ransom
Post by dscott8   » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:34 pm

dscott8
Commodore

I was watching the BBC history series "Lucy Worsley Investigates", and suddenly realized that she'd make a great Cordelia Ransom. She has a very dry, knowing delivery when she's expounding on shady historical goings-on.
Re: I have found Cordelia Ransom
Post by tlb   » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:58 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:I was watching the BBC history series "Lucy Worsley Investigates", and suddenly realized that she'd make a great Cordelia Ransom. She has a very dry, knowing delivery when she's expounding on shady historical goings-on.

There was talk a number of years ago about a possible movie, but in the end it only took RFC's concentration away from moving the story along.

Besides, she does not look like enough of a psycho fanatic.
Post by munroburton   » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:26 pm

munroburton
Admiral

That's not too complimentary of Lucy Worsley, heh. If you really want to see a Cordelia Ransom in action, check out Olga Skabeyeva.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eyeva.html

I'm sure something's changed during translation but they do seem to be absolutely batshit insane over there, as much as Ransom was.
Post by dscott8   » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:16 am

dscott8
Commodore

munroburton wrote:That's not too complimentary of Lucy Worsley, heh. If you really want to see a Cordelia Ransom in action, check out Olga Skabeyeva.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eyeva.html

I'm sure something's changed during translation but they do seem to be absolutely batshit insane over there, as much as Ransom was.

Not too complimentary? Like the role of Hannibal Lecter was for Anthony Hopkins? Hey, it's acting. It's not what role you play, it's how you play it.
Post by munroburton   » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:14 am

munroburton
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:Not too complimentary? Like the role of Hannibal Lecter was for Anthony Hopkins? Hey, it's acting. It's not what role you play, it's how you play it.

Maybe. I do understand what you mean by her "knowing delivery" but she isn't an actress, she's a historian-presenter. You're more or less seeing the real Lucy Worsley.
Post by dscott8   » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:43 pm

dscott8
Commodore

munroburton wrote:
dscott8 wrote:Not too complimentary? Like the role of Hannibal Lecter was for Anthony Hopkins? Hey, it's acting. It's not what role you play, it's how you play it.

Maybe. I do understand what you mean by her "knowing delivery" but she isn't an actress, she's a historian-presenter. You're more or less seeing the real Lucy Worsley.

No one is completely themselves when they know they're on camera, and I disagree with the contention that Dr. Worsley is not an actress. She's a historical re-enactor, famous for donning period costume and assuming the roles of historical figures as a way of making history interesting. If she were to accept a cameo role as Cordelia Ransom, I have no doubt she'd carry it off.
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:50 am

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

She would do good on the looks side, but I haven't listened to her, so I have no idea on the voice.
Post by Mikasa23   » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:12 am

Mikasa23
Midshipman

I am not surprised to hear that, as Lucy Worsley's expertise and captivating presentation style would indeed be a perfect fit for portraying a character like Cordelia Ransom with her dry and knowledgeable demeanor. io games

Return to Honorverse