Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests

Missing Audiobooks

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Missing Audiobooks
Post by Robin_WH   » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:15 pm

Robin_WH
Ensign

I have searched audible, google etc. but I have not seen audiobook version of last two honorverse books (A Call to Insurrection and To End in Fire) anywhere.
WTF?!!!
What is happening?
Re: Missing Audiobooks
Post by richardinor   » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:30 am

richardinor
Commander

I left a post On Toni's Table at Baen's Bar and got no response. I emailed audible tech support and got an email telling me to send an email to content-request@audible.com. I sent the email and got form letter response. Maybe if enough people make the request to this email address something will happen.

Richard
Post by Mongo32   » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:20 am

Mongo32
Midshipman

richardinor wrote:I left a post On Toni's Table at Baen's Bar and got no response. I emailed audible tech support and got an email telling me to send an email to content-request@audible.com. I sent the email and got form letter response. Maybe if enough people make the request to this email address something will happen.

Richard

I am a huge fan of the audiobooks in the Honor verse Does anybody know how to request since they seem to have stopped making them
Post by JamieMacPherson   » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:30 am

JamieMacPherson
Ensign

Mongo32 wrote:
richardinor wrote:I left a post On Toni's Table at Baen's Bar and got no response. I emailed audible tech support and got an email telling me to send an email to content-request@audible.com. I sent the email and got form letter response. Maybe if enough people make the request to this email address something will happen.

Richard

I am a huge fan of the audiobooks in the Honor verse Does anybody know how to request since they seem to have stopped making them

are we sure this is the case maybe its some covid related delay or something? why would they stop making audiobooks for those who visually impaired this is a disaster...
Post by richardinor   » Mon May 16, 2022 3:56 pm

richardinor
Commander

The Baen website says Toni Weisskopf will be at Liberty Con from June 17 to 19. Anyone attending the Con, please ask her why no audio books and reply here. Thanks
Post by Robin_WH   » Tue May 31, 2022 6:00 am

Robin_WH
Ensign

And another books is missing.
It is a week before release of Jane Lindskold cooperation book A New Clan, and no mention of audiobook on either Amazon or Audible.
Post by richardinor   » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:29 am

richardinor
Commander

I sent another email to content-request@audible.com requesting these books tonight
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:32 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

richardinor wrote:The Baen website says Toni Weisskopf will be at Liberty Con from June 17 to 19. Anyone attending the Con, please ask her why no audio books and reply here. Thanks

Wasn't there a problem with a recent audiobook? As in some extraneous words were inserted? I vaguely remember reading that David Weber was very annoyed.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Robin_WH   » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:34 pm

Robin_WH
Ensign

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:Wasn't there a problem with a recent audiobook? As in some extraneous words were inserted? I vaguely remember reading that David Weber was very annoyed.

Can you please find a source for this tidbit? I am interested in learning more about it.
Post by Dauntless   » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

if you go to the safehold section and try and find the topic "change of narrtors". you will find the whole story there but in brief the man hired to narrate one of the safehold books made some unapproved alterations to his script/book text.

I believe it was something along the lines of adding "and then they kissed" into the middle of a sentence that was detailing the loading and firing of a canon.

when brought to RFC's attention he was not pleased and that man has been banned from working on any more of RFC's books.

I'd provide a link but don't have time. I didn't see the thread topic on the first 50 pages but I was moving quickly to try and answer this before I had to move onto other things.

Return to Honorverse